There will be trait changes, apparently.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kalan.9705

Kalan.9705

The ‘pet & minion patch’ was too scared of the work needed to fix turrets, so only engineers minions were left with no meaningful improvements.

I hope the workload of engineer trait changes needed, doesn’t mean the devs yet again leave engineer trait changes for later maybe never.

in Engineer

Posted by: Genesis.8572

Genesis.8572

I wont make long lists that no dev will ever read or even take serious, but i will say this. I’d really like to see traits have more omni-purpose.
We’re a supposedly versatile, so much that we get hybrid-taxed for it, then we need traits to actually reflect this.

Right now traits are just tunnelvisioning on very few of our weapons at all. Grenadier, Juggernaut, Coated Bullets being some prime examples. Giving a (big) boost to only a single weapon/kit.

That doesnt motivate multi-weapon/kit use at all, its specializing. And that doesnt stroke well with being “versatile”, when we have some of the least versatile builds and our top builds are all highly dedicated to specializing for a single purpose.

This. Our traits should encourage our kit-swapping versatility, though also giving a reason to actually use gadgets.

Will Hawkins (Human Guardian)
Feryl Grimsteel (Charr Engineer)
Tarnished Coast

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

As in, you choose to specialize and go 30 deep, or spread it around and be versatile. You can’t have your cake and eat it too.

Considering thats suppose to be the strength of the Engineer, and you do infact get punished with the assumption that you do get your cake in eat it(i.e. Hybrid Tax anet has admitted they apply to Engineers), i feel you should!

in Engineer

Posted by: Spart.6578

Spart.6578

I wish speedy kits was more automatic when you’re holding a kit out rather than continuously swapping it to gain the effect. It’s built into engineers that do run the trait that you swap every 5 seconds to keep the buff running, why not just implement a pulse every 5 seconds that you’re in a kit?

in Engineer

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

hahaha guess i’m not the only one afraid of necro! must be an engi thing! being bleed, poison, chilled, and burn while feared will be “fun”

necro’s actually the only class that can’t inflict burning. i mained an engi for the longest of times, and quite frankly i’m a little disappointed at the reaction of the eng community.

lol necro’s are the engineer’s natural competition/enemy. due to our lack of stability they can fear us around, flip back our conditions and destroy our mobility. their bleeds, poison chill + fear is pretty deadly but once they get burning too, its gg in most cases.

in Engineer

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

Make tool kit a two hander and give it some aoe stuns or knockbacks and a whirlwind, Rocket kit i have wanted this forever freakin rocket launcher, pretty much master trait in each tree giving us the option to upgrade our specific kit that we use the most with our builds.

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

I think merging Fireforged Trigger and Deadly Mixture is a bit much. I’d rather they just move Deadly Mixture to the Firearms tree and make Fireforged Trigger an Adept trait.

As for a proposed change for Acidic Elixirs … I like the idea of making thrown elixirs a Blast finisher.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

Make tool kit a two hander and give it some aoe stuns or knockbacks and a whirlwind

Don’t you dare touch my Tool Kit. It’s a 9/10 weapon kit with the only thing keeping it from a 10/10 is the cast time on Box of Nails. Also, since Tool Kit is a melee kit, why would anyone want a knockback on it? Knockdown would be better.

in Engineer

Posted by: Vyxion.6358

Vyxion.6358

hahaha guess i’m not the only one afraid of necro! must be an engi thing! being bleed, poison, chilled, and burn while feared will be “fun”

necro’s actually the only class that can’t inflict burning. i mained an engi for the longest of times, and quite frankly i’m a little disappointed at the reaction of the eng community.

Care to explain to me how my thief is gonna apply burn on a target?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Throw_Lava_Rock

Ye you steal that from mobs immune to fire… <_< so that’s hardly a reliable source of burning. (ps. they lay around on the floor in those areas too, a necro could just pick one up if this silly rock is your idea of reliable burning application)

in Engineer

Posted by: NickDollahZ.5348

NickDollahZ.5348

I think merging Fireforged Trigger and Deadly Mixture is a bit much. I’d rather they just move Deadly Mixture to the Firearms tree and make Fireforged Trigger an Adept trait.

As for a proposed change for Acidic Elixirs … I like the idea of making thrown elixirs a Blast finisher.

So instead of buffing the weakest kit (flamethrower) we should make elixirs even stronger?

Cant tell if serious -.-

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

So instead of buffing the weakest kit (flamethrower) we should make elixirs even stronger?

Cant tell if serious -.-

Moving Deadly Mixture to the Firearms tree would be buffing the Flamethrower.

Right now an FT Engineer has to put 20 points into Alchemy. That’s the primary reason that the Flamethrower doesn’t match the DPS of the Grenade Kit or Bomb Kit. Make it so it only needs 30 points in Firearms to fully boost the kit and that leaves 50 points to place elsewhere.

A viable 10/30/0/0/30 setup would be a pretty significant buff to the kit, especially if they rework Tools so that it’s worth traiting into.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

NickDollahZ.5348

Which trait would you remove/move in order to put Deadly Mixture into the Firearms trait?

Even with Deadly Mixture Flamethrower is inferior. Only thing I see improving is build diversity but even then you probably want the pts into alchemy to make use of the might stacking from Jugg.

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

Only thing I see improving is build diversity

Isn’t that the point of these proposed changes?

Mod jon_peters: but I will say lot of trait diversity incoming for late June

Mod jon_peters: trying to improve many bad traits

Mod jon_peters: to bring up new builds

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

Which trait would you remove/move in order to put Deadly Mixture into the Firearms trait?

Even with Deadly Mixture Flamethrower is inferior. Only thing I see improving is build diversity but even then you probably want the pts into alchemy to make use of the might stacking from Jugg.

Create a new one and merge Fireforged+Deadly Mixture.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kontrolle.3514

Kontrolle.3514

Explosive: Shrapnell now has a 5 second ICD
Firearms: precise sight now has a 5 second ICD.
Inventions: Elixir infused bombs now have a 5 second ICD.
Alchemy: Cleaning formular 409 now has a 5 second ICD.
Tools: Static Discharge now has a 5 second ICD.

Tadaa the 5 changes for the engineer.
Im here since beta, thats the way the devs encouraged “build diversity” the last time.
Nerfraping decent builds IS a way to encourage people to play other builds.

in Engineer

NickDollahZ.5348

I expect a nerf coming to 409 eventually and maybe shrapnel but for shrapnel its more grenade kit then the trait.

in Engineer

Posted by: Vajra.3914

Vajra.3914

We need an unique Boon that shorten the cooldown from abilities by 66%, the contrary of Chill, that would make Engineer more requested in WvW and give them some cooldown adjustment on gadget ;D.

Edit: I know it doesn’t make sense inside a trhead about Trait, but still didn’t want to start another 1 for this.

(edited by Vajra.3914)

in Engineer

Posted by: Tobey.4836

Tobey.4836

How about a new utility or elite skill ? :-)

Reverse Engineering:
Reverse engineer the last skill your targed used. Allowing it to be used for a certain duration or until a new skill is reverse engineerd.
Toolbeld: Use the skill.

I would kill for this kill :-)

in Engineer

Posted by: Kawloon Fuathach.3807

Kawloon Fuathach.3807

I wouldn’t mind seeing Coated Bullets changed up some, or swapped out for a better Pistol oriented Trait. If it gets swapped out, while it wouldn’t be useful for Pistol/Shield users, I’d love to see a trait oriented towards Pistol/Pistol. Something along the lines of Akimbo; where when you have a pistol off-hand, there would be a small chance when using a main-hand pistol skills that your off-hand pistol will mimic the skill at the same time. So pretty much a chance to double up Explosive Shot, Poison Dart Volley, and Static Shot, but with no other added benefits.

Wilhelm The Pursuer

in Engineer

Posted by: Genesis.8572

Genesis.8572

One of my private wishes with the engineer is that they would be capable of repairing WvW siege equipment outside of combat.

Will Hawkins (Human Guardian)
Feryl Grimsteel (Charr Engineer)
Tarnished Coast

in Engineer

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

I was going to ask how a necro would be able to get burning thematically, then I remembered Ascalonian ghostfire.

Cant tell if serious -.-

Moving Deadly Mixture to the Firearms tree would be buffing the Flamethrower.

Right now an FT Engineer has to put 20 points into Alchemy. That’s the primary reason that the Flamethrower doesn’t match the DPS of the Grenade Kit or Bomb Kit. Make it so it only needs 30 points in Firearms to fully boost the kit and that leaves 50 points to place elsewhere.

A viable 10/30/0/0/30 setup would be a pretty significant buff to the kit, especially if they rework Tools so that it’s worth traiting into.

Whether it’s a buff or not, I think, would depend on whether it’s a merge or whether you now have two traits. Having Fireforged Trigger and Deadly Mixture as seperate traits, both in Firearms… well, if they’re both still master-level, we’re in trouble. If one gets dropped down – I would suggest Fireforged Trigger would be more likely, since there are few if any +15% damage traits at adept level – then even then the FT is looking at three required traits in Firearms, which will push out options like Precise Sights, Infused Precision and Rifled Barrels.

If they’re merged into one trait, that’s obviously a buff. If they split into a FT trait and an EG trait, that’ll be a buff to pure FT builds (presuming the FT side is in Firearms, but I can’t see any good reason to do it the other way around) but FT/EG will still be where it is now.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Engineer

Posted by: Herosandwich.6203

Herosandwich.6203

“Engineers will now randomly explode for no apparent reason and no apparent time for a completely random amount of damage and radius as well as randomly damaging friend and foe alike. P.S. This can even randomly happen while your character is logged out. Of course if you happen to be using Flame Thrower at the time and facing up hill it will negate ALL effects. A trait will be present to allow the skill to be useable which will randomly pick any engineer in the zone to immediately explode.”

Sorry, honestly I HOPE they do some good things like make some skills that are useless now useful(cough turrets cough), fix the various aiming issues we have (cough FT MISS SYNDROME cough), allow grenade throw at current target. Just to name a few. And how about just make our elixirs do THIS-> rather than maybe this or maybe that in which this or that are completely different ends of the spectrum in effect making that use(toolbelt) elixir borderline useless.

check my post on commander kit. it’s relevant to your interests.

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

One of the things that bothers me about the explosives line is they need to merge the Forceful Explosives and Explosive Powder traits just like they did on Rangers with the Eagle Eye trait.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

They should merge a good few of our traits, it seems like. I’m actually curious as to what they’ll do.

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

They should merge a good few of our traits, it seems like. I’m actually curious as to what they’ll do.

Not merge a lot of traits because they need to replace merged traits with new traits.

Look at the dev history, since launch i think theyve only done it once, for Warriors.

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

They’ve only done it once, but that’s just established a precedent. They may well be doing it for more classes.

Also, I meant they should, as in ‘these traits seem pointlessly spread out,’ not ‘they will.’

in Engineer

Posted by: Linc.6834

Linc.6834

I do appreciate the bug fixes to the traits working together logically (i.e. turret explosions)
But what about our Pistol auto attack Explosive Shot?
would it really be overpowered to use these same traits? Or to give the bleed from it to the AoE damage part of it, maybe thats a little much.
But I definitly think adding 10% dmg and vulnerability stacks (through traits) would open up some more diversity, especially to P/S builds

in Engineer

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

They’ve done it for elementalists as well. A couple of traits that were too overly focused for anyone to take were merged, and elementalists got a fall damage reduction trait (which until then they lacked). It’s why their fall reduction trait is in Water – that’s where the two merged traits were.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I do appreciate the bug fixes to the traits working together logically (i.e. turret explosions)
But what about our Pistol auto attack Explosive Shot?
would it really be overpowered to use these same traits? Or to give the bleed from it to the AoE damage part of it, maybe thats a little much.
But I definitly think adding 10% dmg and vulnerability stacks (through traits) would open up some more diversity, especially to P/S builds

I would just like to see the bleed go from two to four seconds so I can at least put a dent in my target, cause somehow, I got nearly 1k condition damage but my pistol shots still shoot at less than 400 damage per shot total. keep the explosion part as it is or we would be back to having pistol as a zerg destroyer. Vulnerability wouldnt do much considering it has a very low power multiplier.

in Engineer

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

They made Acidic Elixirs work with Toss Elixir U. Thats a good sign i guess.

Now if only the trait itself would be any useful…

in Engineer

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

Only possibility to make the throwing useful, is if they also create a combo fields.

in Engineer

Posted by: Linc.6834

Linc.6834

Only possibility to make the throwing useful, is if they also create a combo fields.

Or better yet they could make them finishers.
With HGH that may be a bit OP tho, I mean 12 stacks of might to 5 ppl for 3 skills and a combo field is OP for Engi’s right? It’s not like another class gets 1 skill to do the same thing =P