This Scrapper build saved the class for me

in Engineer

Posted by: Frostmane.9734

Frostmane.9734

I loved the classic rifle engineer in PvP but post HoT it became almost necessary to play as Scrapper to be competitive and I just found it boring, and hated tossing elixers. Until the other night…

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncoCtoiFpCepCEqiF2iKMFvoXjO4H+lHcEPxAA-TJBBQBV4BAAgLAQ02f4hlBAA

You can go with pretty much any trait in the first tier of Scrapper. Firearms will give you close to or over 100% crit rate, depending on if Fury is up, which will help you stack might through the sigil of strength. The rest of the build is pretty standard; High uptime on stability, passive healing through superspeed, lots of lightening fields, reflects, etc…and the added poison field is nice for stacking poison and applying weakness. You also get a bit of condition pressure through bleeds, burns, and the poison.

Give it a try. I’m enjoying the gameplay again.

in Engineer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

For some reason I cant stop playing this. Its really fun to knock people around lol.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Engineer

Frostmane.9734

Looks like a good time! I love the battering ram with static discharge.

in Engineer

Posted by: maciora.9542

maciora.9542

Agreed, I was sickened with how useless and nerfed down this class was before scrapper. Was considering selling account and stop playing …

in Engineer

Posted by: basz.6129

basz.6129

Eh, try the pally hgh build, and sub blast gyro for slick shoes. It’s fun and I think exponentially more effective. Hey, I want gyro’s to be a thing too, a full gyro set up tho… not enough reward for the risk. I do enjoy encountering them on enemy team, however.

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Agreed, I was sickened with how useless and nerfed down this class was before scrapper. Was considering selling account and stop playing …

useless?

the world champs had an engi.

so useless.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Frostmane.9734

Eh, try the pally hgh build, and sub blast gyro for slick shoes. It’s fun and I think exponentially more effective. Hey, I want gyro’s to be a thing too, a full gyro set up tho… not enough reward for the risk. I do enjoy encountering them on enemy team, however.

To each his own. I’ve tried the hgh builds and they bore me. I’d rather play something I enjoy and do well than play something that bores me and do only marginally better.

in Engineer

Posted by: maciora.9542

maciora.9542

useless?

so useless.

Maybe some ppl like me want to play without kits? It should be possible considering weapon limitations on engi. Now i play with hammer / gyros and elixirs and finally its fun, without hitting multiple keys and changing freaking kits all the time.

in Engineer

Posted by: Zantmar.5406

Zantmar.5406

useless?

so useless.

Maybe some ppl like me want to play without kits? It should be possible considering weapon limitations on engi. Now i play with hammer / gyros and elixirs and finally its fun, without hitting multiple keys and changing freaking kits all the time.

Aye Salute to u sir, it is good for once that i can play a medium class that does not:
A. carry around a animal
B. require huge amount of skill to play

Life blast should hit twice and have its damage halfed
If Rocket Charge is only 2 leaps then it should look like 2 leaps
True Shot should be cast on the move

in Engineer

Posted by: Wander.5780

Wander.5780

I tried this build out the other day and I really like it. My engineer feels a lot more durable and I was easily soloing 2-3 veterans at HP locations in AB and TD, the condition damage is pretty good as well… depending on your gear. The only skill I would consider trading out would be the blast gyro for flamethrower and slotting a point in Juggernaut. But if you don’t want to use any kits, this is a pretty solid build for general PVE imo.