Throw mine toolbelt skill.

in Engineer

Posted by: Nasir.2195

Nasir.2195

i’m not sure if its intended or if anyone paid attention to it, but shouldn’t it be a inexpensive blast finisher?

in Engineer

Posted by: NickDollahZ.5348

NickDollahZ.5348

They removed that a while ago.

in Engineer

Posted by: Nasir.2195

Nasir.2195

Thanks for the response. After playing around with it in WvW, I found out that each mine removes a boon.

(edited by Nasir.2195)

in Engineer

Posted by: KirinDave.6451

KirinDave.6451

If you want inexpensive blast finishers, slot the thumper turret. You get an instant blast finisher on your bar, and you can drop and detonate the turret for another.

It’s actually not bad in WvW in defensive situations; you can drop a field, use your toolbar skill for a blast finisher, drop a thumper turret, overcharge it right as you drop it for a quick blowout and blast finisher if you need some breathing room, then detonate the turret for another blast finisher, all in the span of a second or so.

I actually think turrets are sort of neglected in WvW. When traited they’re a great counter to a lot of burst and melee builds. Not unlike mesmer clones and phantasms, you need to keep your eye on them to know when to detonate them. The ability to mix area retaliation into your builds is pretty amazing (as high power retaliation builds like the Tankcat show).