Too huge nerf to elixir gun.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sporadicus.1028

Sporadicus.1028

@Sporadicus Not many people go that route, or want to. Don’t use toolbelt regen as an example; it’s dumb. All it does is stack duration when you have other abilities giving you regen. Also, there is an annoying bug that causes you to receive only 5 healing a tick. So yea, it sucks.

The Toolbelt regen stacks in power with SE, not in duration. You could alternate between this and (the possibility) of regen from Elixir H. To call that dumb is . . . well, dumb.

Also, if you have backpack regenerator trait applied, you can stack three forms of regen alternately (SE, EG regen, and BP regen with any kit worn).

Malkin Rawl – Charr Engineer, Tarnished Coast
Loudmouth, lousy PvPer, and mediocre PvEer.
I don’t own, I just play

in Engineer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Thing to keep in mind is that the backpack and super elixir are not regens in the traditional sense, they pulse a heal ever so often. If they were regens they would provide a regen boon.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sporadicus.1028

Sporadicus.1028

I agree that they aren’t regens in the official term of the boon, digi. But they work more like the regen boon than a normal heal in the amount of each heal.

Malkin Rawl – Charr Engineer, Tarnished Coast
Loudmouth, lousy PvPer, and mediocre PvEer.
I don’t own, I just play

in Engineer

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

-snip-

but they should fix Fumigate to self-cure conditions.

Probably a good idea, regardless. That would bring it more inline with other cone heals, like the Elementalist’s Cone of Cold, which also heals the user.

-Travail.

I haven’t played my elem since beta admitted, but cone of cold certainly did not heal yourself then.

in Engineer

digiowl.9620

I agree that they aren’t regens in the official term of the boon, digi. But they work more like the regen boon than a normal heal in the amount of each heal.

Just me being a bit pedantic, as calling them regens can make people wonder about the power stacking claim (i certainly did at first). This because regen boons stack in duration, not power (unlike say might).

If you stack multiple regen boons of varying power the strongest will tick down first and so on, rather than all at once.

But by being pulse heals, they can go off as the same time as a regen boon tick, potentially giving a triple heal.

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Honestly i feel that Anet could buff heals across the board in PvE, but leave it as is in PvP. Anet seems to have a vendetta against bunkers in sPvP that ends up making anything but perma-swiftness glass cannons pointless in PvE.

They could most people here are ignoring the fact that almost none of our heals scale with +healing. seriously.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

digiowl.9620

Honestly i feel that Anet could buff heals across the board in PvE, but leave it as is in PvP. Anet seems to have a vendetta against bunkers in sPvP that ends up making anything but perma-swiftness glass cannons pointless in PvE.

They could most people here are ignoring the fact that almost none of our heals scale with +healing. seriously.

Ah yes, that. seeing that over at the necro forum as well. And the ones that do scale do so at ratios like .01 or something similarly silly. Meaning that you get +1 on your heals for each 100 dumped into HP.

in Engineer

Posted by: Townopolis.3607

Townopolis.3607

Which heals, specifically, do not scale with healing power?

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Backpack regenerator and healing turret’s regen (from the turret itself and the elite, not the toolbelt) don’t scale with healing power at all. Super Elixir and Elixir Infused Bombs do scale, but not well enough to actually make healing gear worth it.

The bottom line is that the difference in our healing from 0 to 1000 healing power is pretty small.

in Engineer

digiowl.9620

This while the difference between 0 power and 1000 power can be explosive (depending on who you hit). Especially once the outcome gets compounded by the crit values.

in Engineer

Posted by: Townopolis.3607

Townopolis.3607

The discrepancy between the returns on power VS. healing is universal across all classes, so this isn’t just an issue with engineers having bad Coeffs and weak healing. If anything, it’s an issue with Anet’s stance regarding healing as a concept.

in Engineer

Posted by: Orissa.1872

Orissa.1872

@Townopolis

Are you sure every class has so bad scaling?

Super Elixir
Impact heal: 380 +20% healing power (total healing done: 1900 +100% healing power if cast on 5 targets)
Pulse heal: 140 +10% healing power

Well of Blood
Initial self heal: 5240
Pulse heal: 152 + 40% healing power

Faithful Strike
Healing: 463 +18% healing power
Range: 130
Chain auto-attack ability

Writ of the Merciful (master trait)
Healing per second: 107 +7,5% healing power
If traited and played properly, it’s constant healing even in 2 different areas