Tool kit skill: Magnet

in Engineer

Posted by: Sleepwalker.1398

Sleepwalker.1398

Is it possible if Anet can please fix this bug? Unsure about others, but i still have this problem.

Bug Bug: Sometimes the target isn’t pulled all the way, the cause is unknown.

“September 29, 2015 Updated Magnet to allow it to pull a target the full distance to you if the target was near maximum range.”

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

It’s been bugged for fuggin 5 years. TBH, it’s the best it’s been in years right now. I wouldn’t hold your breath on a fix.

in Engineer

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

It’s been super buggy for a very long time, and I doubt ArenaNet has intentions to fix it considering how little attention they’ve paid to engineer QoL over the past several years.

• Rarely the physics will freak out and launch players into the air. I accidentally killed a person in sPvP this way once. It’s very similar to the underwater Rocket Boots bug that existed at launch (physics didn’t know how to handle it)
  • Generally (when successful) it will only pull them part way, but the server will lag and not show the character location accurately. I’ve missed many a Crowbar because of this, even since launch.
  • Usually a person is autotraited with stunbreak or stability, and they’ll move all of two inches.
  • A pull started outside of range will succeed if you move into range while casting, and vice versa.

Also, I just remembered this:

Rocket Boots

September 17, 2012
This skill is no longer usable underwater. This is a temporary change until we can figure out why players can launch themselves into the sky using this skill.

“Temporary”

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

(edited by Vagrant.7206)

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

• Sometimes when you pull people, then immediately Pry Bar them, it’ll miss even though the animation shows it connecting. This might be lag or server side lag.
  • As OP mentioned, target only gets pulled part of the way. It’s too far to be an auto-proc trait, but not anywhere near close enough to be considered normal behavior.

in Engineer

Posted by: Zentetsuken.7165

Zentetsuken.7165

It seems every blade of grass or pebble can somehow stop the mighty Magnet pull that can yank a full size norn multiple yards….when it works….

in Engineer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

It seems to have gotten far worse the last couple of patches.

About 80% of my pulls near max distance just result in the enemy player jerking 2m toward me and then instantly continue to run.

Honestly, I’d rather have a reliable pbaoe knockback instead at this point. Reverse that magnet polarity and maybe the kitten will work right.

Sometimes when you pull people, then immediately Pry Bar them, it’ll miss even though the animation shows it connecting. This might be lag or server side lag.

I dont think its merely lag, it’s complete desync. When roaming with a guildie some time ago, we actually got to see what was going on. I pulled someone and my wrench just didnt hit. No miss, no block, no nothing, like swinging air. So I went “did you see that?! I just pulled and missed point blank!” and he said but you never even pulled him. Neither of us was experiencing any lagging at the time but still what I saw wasnt the same thing thing he saw. On my screen I pulled him successfully. On his screen (and obviously the server) he wasnt pulled, just frozen in place instead.

I am starting to wonder if this is actually the “jerking” we see. The player isnt being pulled because of missing, passive trait, something triggered but on our screens we see him being pulled just a bit until the server catch on and goes “wait a second…”.

Either way that kitten is broken.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in Engineer

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

Sometimes when you pull people, then immediately Pry Bar them, it’ll miss even though the animation shows it connecting. This might be lag or server side lag.

I dont think its merely lag, it’s complete desync. When roaming with a guildie some time ago, we actually got to see what was going on. I pulled someone and my wrench just didnt hit. No miss, no block, no nothing, like swinging air. So I went “did you see that?! I just pulled and missed point blank!” and he said but you never even pulled him. Neither of us was experiencing any lagging at the time but still what I saw wasnt the same thing thing he saw. On my screen I pulled him successfully. On his screen (and obviously the server) he wasnt pulled, just frozen in place instead.

I am starting to wonder if this is actually the “jerking” we see. The player isnt being pulled because of missing, passive trait, something triggered but on our screens we see him being pulled just a bit until the server catch on and goes “wait a second…”.

Either way that kitten is broken.

It’s definitely a desync. It’s not on the server’s end either — it’s only on the client end. On the client, it shows what should actually be happening, but the server doesn’t recognize it (for some reason), and so when the game resyncs, the enemy will magically reappear wherever they were.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.