Toolkit looks like Bomb Kit

in Engineer

Posted by: Ram Banson.4081

Ram Banson.4081

HI
the Toolkit on my female Human Engineer looks exactly like the bomb kit.
Is this a bug?

I hope so, because i like to see the Gear Shield on it, and maybe the Pry Bar <3?
Right now i see the Big Ol´Bomb on top and a few other round things

Would be great to fix it asap

Best wishes

Attachments:

Blùb [LuPi]

in Engineer

Posted by: JoxerNL.3752

JoxerNL.3752

Noticed that too, im unsure if this is a visual bug or something.

in Engineer

Ram Banson.4081

Tool Kit still looks like Bomb kit q.q

Dont you love that Engi?

Blùb [LuPi]

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

If tool kit looks like Bomb kit… what was the reason we couldn’t get an option to hide backpacks again?

Even before tool kit, bomb kit, grenade kit all looked very simular.
Opponents guessed what we were using by what we did, not the backpack.

Silly reasoning, and this silly bug makes it just a bit more silly.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in Engineer

Posted by: BrimstoneAshe.5043

BrimstoneAshe.5043

what was the reason we couldn’t get an option to hide backpacks again?

Just gonna take a guess it’s for the same reason a warrior can’t hide their greatsword.

Asuran Engineer – Norn Ranger
[KAOS] of Anvil Rock

in Engineer

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

what was the reason we couldn’t get an option to hide backpacks again?

Just gonna take a guess it’s for the same reason a warrior can’t hide their greatsword.

That’s incomparable. We are asking for the backpacks, not the guns, to be made invisible. Having a warrior swinging thin air because his entire sword is invisible would look ridiculous. We’d still wield the gun- it’s the hobo sack that serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever that we want hidden.

If someone can’t tell the difference between my wielding a grenade kit and a flamethrower just by looking at my weapon and the attacks I do, a backpack isn’t going to help them further…

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Even the 3 closest ones, the ones people ‘could’ get confused on, are still rather different on animations:
Med kit, bomb kit and grenade kit look the most simular in appearance when you’re not doing anything.
But the visual difference between dropping bandages, bombs and certainly thrown grenades even at close range… is just huge.

As I said: it’s not the backpack that is the visual clue, not even on these 3.
It’s the animation more than anything.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in Engineer

Posted by: PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

Using backpacks to identify what an engi doing is an out-dated philosophy. Players are quickly learning to identify engis by which skills they’re using opposed to the character models (Asuras also make this concept obsolete). The only reasoning I see for it is from a PvP spectator perspective, in which case is assuming that the person spectating is completely new and has no idea what an engi can do, but honestly there are better alternatives. Such as, the ele buff on the UI, or even just the held weapons should be que enough, at least for Flamethrower, Elixir Gun, and Tool kit.

It just seems that these ‘hobo-sacks’ create more problems than solve. In my opinion, they should just have an option to turn them off, seeing as their is a cult following in the engi community that are fine with them. >.>

in Engineer

Ram Banson.4081

Hi. im just wondering if this got registred or something because i got still a Bomb Kit at using a Tool Kit.
Its not that Hard to change isnt it?
But its kind of a seriously ridiciolous “bug” or whatever…

I would rly like to see this got fixed in the next patch, its almost a month since i started this Thread and i guess the Tool kit look like a Bomb Kit even longer.

Has there even been a real Tool Kit at all, since launch?

Noone loves the Engi i guess

Q.Q

Blùb [LuPi]

in Engineer

Posted by: Shadowtech.5071

Shadowtech.5071

I posted this in the BUG forums myself. Toolkit and Bomb kit do share the same backpiece look.

Catastraseed – Guardian / Keytuura – Engineer
[GoA] Guardians of Äsgard
Maguuma

in Engineer

Ram Banson.4081

Hi! i will bumb this up again…. for the hope that someday you spend some love for the engi and give it a kitten tool kit >.< almost 2 months have past now……

is that soo hard? of course its not THAT important but it is for everyone who love his/hers toolkit

i do..

Blùb [LuPi]

in Engineer

Ram Banson.4081

sooo…… 2 moths ago i wrote that… i fell that this got ignored very well, and its rly sad
of course its not THAT important, but it isnt THAT difficult to fix either isnt it?
I guess there has never been a real tool kit

i keep this bumping up with the hope you might gonna fix this soon

it just appears to me that you dont give a kitten about such issues.. its almost like a norn looks like a asura.. (yes it is >.<)

i mean you even buffed to toolkit autoatack, but sadly its a bomb kit i am wearing and not a tool kit ….

Blùb [LuPi]

in Engineer

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

I’m still hoping for an option to disable the display of the backpacks alltogether. If it’s for balance reasons, simply let us disable them for ourselves, other can still see them.

in Engineer

Posted by: Nilanil.4721

Nilanil.4721

I actually like the “hobo sacks”. Although I can’t see why an option to toggle would be difficult to implement or undesirable.

I’m more put out by the fact that weapon skins are a total waste on the engi because you can’t skin kits and I’m in kits 90+ percent of the time.

Edit: After thinking about it, the backpacks suffer the same problem as weapons. I just haven’t been sufficiently interested in any back skins yet.

(edited by Nilanil.4721)

in Engineer

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

From one Engi to another, I look for particles or weapons to know what the opposing Engi is doing. Rarely do I get to see their backside. If the backpack is truly to identify what an Engi is doing, that feels like a weak tea argument. Can you really see the daggers a Ele or Thief are using? The only weapon I can actually tell what someone is using are 2-handers like the sword and hammer or a shield (and then I can assume or guess what the other 1-hander is).

If the concern was truly for people to know at a glance what weapon someone is using, they would be better off making it so all weapons apply an icon in the boon/condi section to identify it.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer