Toss Elixir B Stability Should Be 10 Seconds

in Engineer

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

Especially with the upcoming nerf to stability making this skill grant only 3 stacks of stability.

This skill was already pretty bad before not being a stunbreaker, having to be throw and being only 5 seconds long – it will be worse now.

Make it 10 seconds long. Even if fully maxed out into boon duration and toolbelt skill cooldown reduction it wouldn’t be overpowered at 10 seconds. Why? Because it would require heavy investment and you would only have 3 stacks.

in Engineer

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

10s aoe stability? NO

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

im more annoyed that its best use is with overcharged show with rifle and we will destroy one stack by using it to its best potential, at the end of the day those 3 stacks are still going to drop rather fast wether its 5 seconds or 10 seconds and due to the nature of the skill id say that the duration is fine its the amount of stacks that needs a look at.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

im more annoyed that its best use is with overcharged show with rifle and we will destroy one stack by using it to its best potential, at the end of the day those 3 stacks are still going to drop rather fast wether its 5 seconds or 10 seconds and due to the nature of the skill id say that the duration is fine its the amount of stacks that needs a look at.

this!

I just wish tossed elixirs were instant cast centered on you like eg toolbelt. or at least that we had some trait to make them work that way.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I feel it should keep the same duration, but be boosted up to at least 5 stacks. Or maybe 4? I think 3 stacks is sufficient for general usage, but given that you need to burn one for overcharged shot and the fact that they’ll disappear fast in WvW group fights, it could use a bit of a boost.

I suppose they want to ensure it’s not as powerful as something like SYG, although it inherently isn’t due to it having a much smaller AoE radius and a cast time.

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

this!

I just wish tossed elixirs were instant cast centered on you like eg toolbelt. or at least that we had some trait to make them work that way.

Ive had some thoughts about thise and how it could be accomplished without making it op, on another note will we see HGHammer from you when it hits?

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

this!

Ive had some thoughts about thise and how it could be accomplished without making it op, on another note will we see HGHammer from you when it hits?

maybe…!
for now I’m having fun with elixir X

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Engineer

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

I would settle for being able to reliably cast Toss Elixir B stability on myself.

It seems rather extraordinarily unfair to me that almost every other form of stability automatically prioritizes self, unlike Toss B.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

in Engineer

Posted by: Black para goner.7612

Black para goner.7612

SYG for guard is so much better then elixir B. It gives us some useful boons retal and fury which isn’t easy to get as an engi. But elixir traits aren’t used anymore, elixir builds are just bad overall. toss elixir gives 3 stacks for 4 seconds base, while SYG is 5 stacks lasting 5 seconds. Traiting deep into tools for the cooldown on toss wouldn’t be viable.

When it comes down to thing like elixirs and gadgets it seems they are just too many situations where they are not viable to use, so buffing them could be the answer. Although elixir B for example which has some decent solo use with fury, retal and stab. But in teams only the stab is useful as over boons can be given by allies easily such as warriors, rangers and guards. Maybe giving it 5 stacks will be better but its hard to say.

Nova Bushido Top Charr Engineer, AG IRQ.
Predator | Quip | Flameseeker | Juggernaut