Toss Elixir B, makeit a break stun plz

in Engineer

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

Hi frands,GM’s,fellow engineers….as you all know we only have 2 sources of stability, toss elixir b and elixir x(elite), and not many really use elixir x, so we really are left with the one. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Toss_Elixir_B

All i ask is if Anet can look at this skill and maybe by chance make this a break stun skill as well, most people i know hate the toss elixir skill already as it is RNG, but one of the reasons this skill is even important is because of stability, in dire situations where stability is important you cant even use this skill once u already got stunned/knockdowned…. many times forego this skill and instead use elixir s as it is a break stun and makes me invulerable…the thing is toss elixir b has certain uses that makes it better over elixir s, such as capping pts in pvp and as well as having that aoe stability for you and your friends in wvw fights.

Other class have atleast 1 skill in their kitten nal that does this, such as warriors(balance stance), guardians(stand your ground), eles (armor of earth), mesmer(mantra of concentration), necro(well of power), have group wide stabilitys that are break stuns, theres is even better since it is a shout, ours on the other hand is an aoe toss skill, hard enough to use it in laglastic zerg fights, much more that it is not a break stun. Engis dont have shouts, but elixirs are the closest group oriented utility skills we got.

Before someone mentions it, i know we have a skill that has both stability and break stun(rumble – tool belt of thumper turret), but in all seriousness 1 sec stability and a 45 sec cd, i don’t think people use this for the break stun part but rather more combo blast, it just bad design to begin with but the 1 sec stability wont get you out of a static field. Also honestly, no one uses thumper turret outside of pvp, if anyone does hats of to you, but thats not the point here.

I don’t see this is change(if possible) to be a would be broken skill, but hey the fact that the skill is an aoe toss skill(affects allies just like shouts affects allies, although in a different way)i think this is meant to affect not only you but your allies as well, we engis dont really have alot of break stun skills to start with, obviously different break stun skill have different uses but it wouldnt be much to ask to have both break stun and stability in the same skill wouldnt it.

Ideas/comments, share thanks!

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

To me, the greatest imbalance in this game is access to stability and stability granting stunbreaks, more so in wvw.
The fact that GWEN is still the way to go for any group over 5 players and that guardians are so necessary everywhere is, imo, largely due to that.

Now the thing is we already have 2 stunbreaks on elixirs (nothing cantrips, shouts or survival skills don’t have) and to remake toss b into a stunbreak it would have to be an instant cast with 0 travel time (maybe something like elixir gun toolbelt). Also, Elixir B, the utility skill, is already pretty good.
Elixir R had it’s stunbreak removed which was a shame since, even tho it didnt give stability, fit that role of denying further cc after a stun with the extra 2 dodges.

A good candidate would be elixir C since the toss is almost useless. turning it into something like:
toss elixir C. converts one random condition into 3 seconds of stability, stunbreak. increased cooldown to something like 60 seconds.

would likely not be op, give elixir C some viability (current its close to none) and maybe not break spvp too much. last thing we need is to give some bunkerish engie builds stability and a full cleanse :p

either way, I wish all classes had some stability stunbreaks available since this game lacks any sort of diminishing returns on cc.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Engineer

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

Agree with OP

OR
OR

Make exliri B stability – 8-10s base. The mechanic of tossing the elixir is so broken, and cast time that it has and without stunbreak so it won’t be that much OP at all.

But right now u wasting time to toss it (if u’re not interrupted) then u can fight for 5-6s (with bonus to boon duration) with stab while enemie can drop lines, rings, usnteady ground etc etc etc without a pause.

Dear Anet, Toss elixir B need a slight fix. It won’t make it OP, but it will make it more viable and balanced.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

The main problem of all engineers are the condis and the worst condi for the engi is fear because we have no good stunbreaker. Give stun break to elixir C would be awesome.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rhomulos.2089

Rhomulos.2089

Elixir B’s toss as a stun break would indeed be a bit much, I’d prefer to get rid of the cast time of it instead. I personally like having to anticipate CC rather than just break out of it.

On the flip side, a semi-unrelated change that could be interesting is that it stun-breaks your affected allies much like the guardian’s traited Virtue of Courage.

Kluzu – Engineer (Main)
Kluzukaze – Mesmer
Rhomulos Prime – Revenant

in Engineer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Coming as a guardian main, toss elixir B just feels woefully inadequate as it requires almost perfect use due to a short duration, it’s not instant, and you can’t get stunned first.

How about making drink Elixir B break stun for yourself instead so you can toss B if you get stunned, or would that be too much?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Engineer

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

Hey folks just read the responses, the idea of putting break stun ability on TOSS elixir B, is because other classes have a skill that has both BREAK STUN and STABILITY on the same skill.

I get the idea that engineers have struggle against conditions, but basically i find that this was made as a hard counter on specific builds, not all builds. You could run Cleansing Formula 409 and have atleast 3 elixirs in your bar, and have elixir C as one of them, that would take care of the conditions issue. It comes down to, do you want to survive the conditions, or do you want to dps the other guy down faster. As much as i want to have both in my own build, the game just wont let me, so i have to decide which i want more. So if you see a terrormancer trying to kill you, rocket boots out of the way, if you see an ally start attacking the kitten necro, then 2v1 the guy and show him not to mess with you again. Its simple really you don’t have to win ALL 1v1 fights, pick your battles and know which ones you can win and run away from the ones that you can’t. I find have elixir c break stun more broken skill than my suggestion, you may want it, and personally i think its a good idea, but it doesn’t compare with the other examples that i showed that other classes skills have.

The reason why i suggested this is because toss elixir b is very hard to use in dire situations, in the middle of a zerg fight, your guardians stability runs out, you get stuck in the middle of the enemy zerg train, you will die, this is the reason i like elixir S, because it is the only thing we have that saves me from events like this. Honestly, i find the utility skill Elixir B, lackluster, one of the reason i bring it is because of the toss elixir b tool belt skill, so you get swiftness(your group gives you almost perma swiftness unless your range), you get might & fury(have a warrior in the party, warriors can spam FGJ), Retal(guardians do it better), so it comes down to have a lackluster utility skill, and a COULD BE good tool belt skill, just lacking that break stun, so i would be able to use it in very dire situations.

You see what happens to me in WvW is i would have to use toss elixir b just before inc to the enemy zerg to make it work, by the time inc hits me, i probably have about 2-3 seconds worth of stability left if i’m lucky, it kinda makes it very hard to use especially in situations you need it the most, if given that it becomes a break stun, i could wait to use it for the right time when my guardians group stability runs out and i am stuck in the middle of the enemy zerg, that is when i would pop it then dodge/rocket boots out of the way and back to the commander. It really is simple i don’t need an overpowered skill, all i ask is to make this skill better.

Lastly, if the Devs don’t want to make TOSS Elixir B a break stun skill, then you can place the break stun on the UTILITY SKILL Elixir B instead, then people will just have to combo using both skills to make a decent get away from dire situations.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes