Toss Elixir R longer CD in PvE?!

in Engineer

Posted by: SameHH.1048

SameHH.1048

Ok I get why toss elixir R got a longer CD in PvP because it’s really good to revive allies and also self revive but I don’t get why it has also received the long CD in PvE as well? I mean I equip it in dungeons so I can help my party members and now specially in the new FotM dungeon it’s really good but the long CD hurts the Engineer so bad in PvE being a support character so why not return the CD to 85 sec in PvE only and leave it 120 in PvP?

in Engineer

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

Everyone elses instant res utility was 120-180s CD.
Changing ours puts it in line with them.

Elem: glyphy of renewal 165s.
Ranger: search and rescue. 85s. Terrible compared to Elixir R.
Necro: signet of undeath. 185s
Guardian: signet of mercy. 240s.
Mesmer: illusion of life. 130s.

R is STILL by far the best. big aoe. shorter cd, cleanses, can self res. periodic ticking its res.

I’m not sure what others can trait theirs for.
But we can also trait for dealing damage on the throw. cleansing instantly with 409. Applying might on throw. 30% cooldown reduction in tools, and instant recharge at 25% in tools.

(edited by Casia.4281)

in Engineer

Posted by: derneue.3624

derneue.3624

Don’t know if periodic ticking is really positive only – ok, this allows self res, but on the other hand if someone downed is focused, the periodic tick might not be enough to actually res the person. In some situations I would prefer instant res.
Otherwise totally agree – I especially like the traited recharge at 25%. Just have to remember tossing it once before that barrier

PS: Warrior’s Battle Standard is missing in above list, 240s CD, aoe instant res. Traited 192s.

in Engineer

Casia.4281

does anyone know if runes of mercy work with it?

And yeah, I say periodic is a + because it allows self rez. As well as preemptive on allies.

It should also be noted. Its an instant cast. many of those others have cast times.
Battle standar derneue mentioned. instant res, but 2s cast.

(edited by Casia.4281)

in Engineer

Posted by: crusnx.3725

crusnx.3725

im new on engineer but does this elixir revives dead or downed alies?

in Engineer

Casia.4281

Downed only. Fully dead does not work.

in Engineer

Posted by: crusnx.3725

crusnx.3725

still its pretty awesome considering you can trait it with Inertial Converter which doesnt have internal cooldown…

and how do you use it on yourself? do you cast it just before you get down or do you still have toolbelt even in your down state?

in Engineer

Posted by: SameHH.1048

SameHH.1048

still its pretty awesome considering you can trait it with Inertial Converter which doesnt have internal cooldown…

and how do you use it on yourself? do you cast it just before you get down or do you still have toolbelt even in your down state?

I started using it heavily in the new FotM dungeon specially at bosses when sometimes 3 of my friends get downed at the same time when hit by a boss so tossing it at them revives them and I feel like a savior :p I like to play my Engi as a support character so with the new longer CD I feel less supportive to my team..

in Engineer

Posted by: DesertRose.2031

DesertRose.2031

If you are about to die throw it at your current position and let yourself go down, then you almost stand up immediately afterwards.