Can 5 engineers stack 25s stealth?

Toss Elixir S stealth duration

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

According to wiki: “You can have a maximum of 5 stacks of stealth.”
Toss Elixir S adds 5s stealth.

Can 5 engineers stack 25s stealth?

At one point there was a cap on stealth duration stacks, I am not sure if they changes that or not. I want to say yes, you can stack it that high.

As to the poster trolling you. I recommend simply reporting there post. I have no idea why anyone would chose to pose implicative, spiteful questions and comments instead of answering your simple question.

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

And with potent elixirs it should go 32s, right?

in Engineer

Posted by: Peutrifectus.4830

Peutrifectus.4830

Actually, PE doesn’t affect toolbelt CD ‘s
Only points in tools does that.
However, 6 points in is a 30% reduction so it’s possible

in Engineer

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

The dates are pretty old, but there’s some discussion on the wiki claiming that Potent Elixirs does affect Toss Elixir S, but not all Elixirs.

in Engineer

Posted by: Nate.8146

Nate.8146

No need for wikis. Just tried it in-game and toss elixir S was bumped from 5s to 6s with potent elixirs. So assuming no actual duration cap on stealth (I think the most I’ve ever seen was 14 sec), then yeah, 5 stacks at 6s would be a nice 30s stealth.

in Engineer

Posted by: Peutrifectus.4830

Peutrifectus.4830

I’m mistaken, was thinking of fast acting… affecting tb cd, not PE which does affect it.;) stupid brain :-P

in Engineer

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

No need for wikis. Just tried it in-game and toss elixir S was bumped from 5s to 6s with potent elixirs. So assuming no actual duration cap on stealth (I think the most I’ve ever seen was 14 sec), then yeah, 5 stacks at 6s would be a nice 30s stealth.

I can confirm with a thief’s SR and Elixir S you can get at least 18 seconds, I think 19. Not sure what the cap is but I’d imagine there is one.

in Engineer

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

When playing with a fellow thief of mine, we both blast in a smoke field, and the cap is around 12 secs. In shadow refuge it’s around 18 secs of total stealth. Haven’t reached any further stacks then that

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

just get 5 engis together in a circle and everyone toss elixir s at the same time and note the amount of stealth received. I’m interested in knowing the results.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Engineer

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

just get 5 engis together in a circle and everyone toss elixir s at the same time and note the amount of stealth received. I’m interested in knowing the results.

So you volunteer to do the experiment? Let us know how it goes

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

I’ve done the experiment with a friendly thief in Heart of the mist right now:
multiple turret-blasts + smoke-screen + thief shortbow never stacked stealth beyond 14sec stealth.
So the hardcap is 15sec, immediately ticking down after receiving it. Every further blasts simply resets the stealth duration back to 15sec (assuming that you still had 12 or more seconds left)

effectively that means, 3 engis with toss Elixir S will reach the hardcap and every further insta-toss is a waste.

edit: “kitten ” does not receive a kitten^^
edit 2: actually it doesm except in the word assuming. meh.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

(edited by Arantheal.7396)

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

multiple turret-blasts + smoke-screen + thief shortbow never stacked stealth beyond 14sec stealth.
So the hardcap is 15sec, immediately ticking down after receiving it. Every further blasts simply resets the stealth duration back to 15sec (assuming that you still had 12 or more seconds left)

effectively that means, 3 engis with toss Elixir S will reach the hardcap and every further insta-toss is a waste.

This is not a valid test. What you hit was the 5 stack cap. What is being asked is if you use stealths that are greater than 3s each could you exceed the time. If you have 5 5s stealths instead of 5 3s stealths would it allow 25s stealth? That’s the question.

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

that assumes that the stack-cap for stealth is indeed 5.
but the timer also got reseted while we had 14 or 13sec left, so clearly while 5 stacks were present (one of them just being partly present, but still counting towards the stack-cap).
If we indeed had reached the stack-cap, the timer would have been impossible to reset above 12sec.

in Engineer

Jerus.4350

that assumes that the stack-cap for stealth is indeed 5.
but the timer also got reseted while we had 14 or 13sec left, so clearly while 5 stacks were present (one of them just being partly present, but still counting towards the stack-cap).
If we indeed had reached the stack-cap, the timer would have been impossible to reset above 12sec.

And that assumes you can’t overwrite stacks doesn’kitten

Gotta try to find an experiment that eliminates all possible alternatives.

in Engineer

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

This is not a valid test. What you hit was the 5 stack cap. What is being asked is if you use stealths that are greater than 3s each could you exceed the time. If you have 5 5s stealths instead of 5 3s stealths would it allow 25s stealth? That’s the question.

Does SR count as 1 stack? If so, couldn’t you get 12s from SR plus 4x 6 from engi for a total of 36s?

in Engineer

Jerus.4350

Not sure, that’s what I was thinking. If I have the motivation I’m gonna test tonight but we’ll see what wins out, the whiskey or my curiosity

in Engineer

Posted by: Oddgo.5423

Oddgo.5423

Alright, here is the testing results of myself and 5 Engies.

Toss Elixir S counts as one stack per toss, which means that it does indeed allow 5 Engies to stack 25 seconds/30 seconds with/without the use of Potent Elixirs.

Here is a pair of gifs of it happening, credit to my guildmates for assisting in the tests.
http://gyazo.com/c31ecbcc30f484e696d47171d47ef003
http://gyazo.com/2b0d5570109dfc24526d51ba02cb623e

in Engineer

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Not sure, that’s what I was thinking. If I have the motivation I’m gonna test tonight but we’ll see what wins out, the whiskey or my curiosity

:) let us know. I’d help you test but the game is currently deleted from my computer due to lack of time.

Like I said earlier, I know you can get at least 18s with SR and 1 Elixir S.

Edit:

Ninjad! Thanks Oddgo!

So I’ll bet you could manage 36 s with a thief

Nice

in Engineer

Posted by: Oddgo.5423

Oddgo.5423

The issue with the 5 stack limit is that the thief’s stealth would slowly phase out the engi stealth. If placed afterwards, SR would remove the 6 second stacks one by one with 3-4 second stacks, as each pulse of SR is a stack itself (I believe, did not have time to test, but that is my experience).

in Engineer

Jerus.4350

dang so you mean I just wasted 15mins? :b, ohh well, yeah can confirm just did it got 24s from what I saw though figure that was just mistimed and 25 is possible.

in Engineer

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

Yeah it takes 5 engineers to stack up 25 secs of stealth, but it takes 1 thief to keep the same duration, and 2 thieves for permanent group stealth.

So what are you complaining again?

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

I guess options for premade engi-teams in sPvP.
Actually I’d love to run 5 engis as premade one day…
3 Cele rifle for on-point fights and 2 zerker s/d for the burst and roaming…
kitten.

in Engineer

Jerus.4350

5X Engi fractals/dungeons are the only way to go

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

According to wiki: “You can have a maximum of 5 stacks of stealth.”