Toughness or vitality for condition engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Bedstain.6735

Bedstain.6735

I want to pick up my engineer again. I was thinking of a condition dual pistol engineer but I don’t know if I should stack vitality or toughness.

Blackgate Elementalist….woohoo!
{{80 ele Soap 80 engi Flush}}

in Engineer

Posted by: PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

Vitality, if you got condition removal or just being lazy. Toughness, is better overall, but you need to dedicate more attention to your health.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arimahn.3568

Arimahn.3568

Vit/Cond also seems a bit more readily available on the market and thus cheaper.

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

why not both? ^^

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Engineer

Posted by: DDog.4350

DDog.4350

why not both? ^^

^This

in Engineer

Posted by: Bojak.7492

Bojak.7492

I got plenty of vitality from the alchemy tree alone. My engineer has significantly more health than my guardian and especially my thief, and yet gets into the fray much less often. So I chose to stack toughness on my armor instead of vit, but if you don’t go into the alchemy trait tree, then you may want to stack some vit. Up to you.

in Engineer

DDog.4350

I got plenty of vitality from the alchemy tree alone. My engineer has significantly more health than my guardian and especially my thief, and yet gets into the fray much less often. So I chose to stack toughness on my armor instead of vit, but if you don’t go into the alchemy trait tree, then you may want to stack some vit. Up to you.

Actually, ^This.
From the alchemy tree alone i have around 22,7k health. If u stack toughness here that will be the best for survivability. But as you want to do condition, why not stack condition dmg?. that what i do.

in Engineer

Posted by: Bojak.7492

Bojak.7492

Actually, ^This.
From the alchemy tree alone i have around 22,7k health. If u stack toughness here that will be the best for survivability. But as you want to do condition, why not stack condition dmg?. that what i do.

I stack precision, toughness, and condition damage. The only downside is there is no jewel with those 3 stats, so finding accessories with them was… really expensive. :/

You could also go power, precision, condition damage, which gives you a higher crit chance than the combo I mentioned above (which means more procs for your crit-based traits), but less condition damage. It’s also cheaper, as coral jewels have that combo. But you’ll take more damage, and I’m personally of the opinion that the extra power doesn’t actually add much to your damage total at all. But I haven’t crunched the numbers, that’s just how it seems to me.

in Engineer

DDog.4350

Actually, ^This.

I stack precision, toughness, and condition damage. The only downside is there is no jewel with those 3 stats, so finding accessories with them was… really expensive. :/

You could also go power, precision, condition damage, which gives you a higher crit chance than the combo I mentioned above (which means more procs for your crit-based traits), but less condition damage. It’s also cheaper, as coral jewels have that combo. But you’ll take more damage, and I’m personally of the opinion that the extra power doesn’t actually add much to your damage total at all. But I haven’t crunched the numbers, that’s just how it seems to me.

Oh, u PvE. Ignore me. Never played PvE, no idea what is best there :p

in Engineer

Posted by: CactuS.4075

CactuS.4075

Actually, ^This.

Actually there is: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Keeper_Jonez_Deadrun. Check his Soldier’s stuffs at the end.

Member of Noise of Mist | Piken Square

in Engineer

Posted by: Pannonica.5378

Pannonica.5378

From the alchemy tree alone i have around 22,7k health.

I may be missing something, but how do you get 22.7k health from the Alchemy tree when it only gives you +300 vitality? That results in 1216 vitality, which translates to 18082 hp.

Pannonica
Red Guard

in Engineer

DDog.4350

From the alchemy tree alone i have around 22,7k health.

I may be missing something, but how do you get 22.7k health from the Alchemy tree when it only gives you +300 vitality? That results in 1216 vitality, which translates to 18082 hp.

Yes, maybe i didnt give enough information, my bad.
I am using the carrion necklace, but no vitality runes.
PvP btw.