Trait and Armor Advice

Trait and Armor Advice

in Engineer

Posted by: Kesarai.5084

Kesarai.5084

Am looking for advice on how I should trait and what armor I should be looking towards using.

My Eng is currently 46. I love playing her. I will admit, she’s not the best, nor am I…lol…but I love playing her anyways.

My playstyle: I run with pistol/shield and am usually solo unless doing an event. I generally run with med kit, turrets (rifle, thumper, rocket) and supply crate. I am still trying to figure out how to effectively use the med kit and will admit to being tempted to switch back to the healing turret but haven’t yet.

My limitations: At times I have limited movement in my hands and occasionally it makes it not so much as hard to kite but a bit painful. Usually on these days I pick a different char to play (one that doesn’t require a lot of hand/finger movement) or just hang around one of the towns.

I was wondering for this set up (I know it probably isn’t the best, but it’s fun for me) what would be the best traits to use as well as gear to be the most effective with it.

Does that make sense? If not, blame it on lack of coffee this early in my morning

If you need any further info, ask & I will answer or send me a message here or ingame (I am on Tarnished Coast). Although I won’t be ingame until after 8am CST (about half hour from now)

Thank you in advance,

Talens Whiterain, Engineer in Training

Trait and Armor Advice

in Engineer

Posted by: ESKan.6782

ESKan.6782

As someone has said before: “Engineers can do the same as any other profession, except you have to play Bach on your keyboard to achieve it”.

The Med Kit is primarily useful in conjunction with the Speedy Kits trait, which allows you to maintain permanent swiftness without having to press the button twice every 5 seconds. At least, that’s how I used it. I’ve recently switched back to Healing Turret for the delicious blast finisher made from its own combo field.

I haven’t used turrets a lot, so I can’t help you with that.

[PD] – Far Shiverpeaks.
Nameless Inversion/Ascension/Evasion/Ruination/Impression/Perdition/Compassion/Tactician
Guild Wars 2 will be an amazing game when it’s finished. Compare Prophecies to EotN!

Trait and Armor Advice

in Engineer

Posted by: Kesarai.5084

Kesarai.5084

As someone has said before: “Engineers can do the same as any other profession, except you have to play Bach on your keyboard to achieve it”…

lol, thanks, but they are easier than an Elementalist. Not to mention, they don’t die nearly as often. At least, my Elem dies way more often than my Eng.

Right now (I just hit 50 last night) I have traited: Firearms 20, Inventions 10, Alchemy 10.

Anyone have any advice based on my playstyle if I’m headed in the right direction? Or what I should be heading for?

Trait and Armor Advice

in Engineer

Posted by: Tomkatt.1684

Tomkatt.1684

I’m curious, given your mobility issues, would it be easier for you to play on a gamepad/360 controller? If it would help let me know, I have an XPadder script I’ve tweaked and have been using since a week after launch, it’s worked well for every class I’ve tried, with a few caveats (‘nade kit doesn’t work out well for engi, only daggers and scepter are decent for elementalist, no issues with anything else IIRC). I think it would fit your gun/shield and turret playstyle, I have a pistol/shield engineer myself.