Trait "creates an attack or spell" cooldown

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I would like to request some sort of simple cooldown debuff animation for how long this takes so that we can know when to use it next. It would help out with support spec alot as I use this to help keep the healing going along with the cooldowns of the various regen abilities I have in the toolbelt.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Posted by: PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

You mean Kit Refinement.

Yes, I do agree that an indicator would be nice, but I can’t see where it could be implemented in. Would it have a timer like the the other skills? or a visual indicator like conditions? The only way I can see it is if they put a separate little section off in the UI, which I don’t think is feasible.

Oh, not to be debbie-downer, but putting something like this in the game won’t probably happen soon, if at all. Useful idea though.

in Engineer

Posted by: Cribbage.2056

Cribbage.2056

I don’t think it would be hard. Just put it in as a buff/debuff indicator. While on CD, the indicator is there with the little border fuse showing how far to it being available.

This is exactly how you use the other kit related traited buffs (e.g. swiftness). You watch the buff so you know when to next re-equip.

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I was thinking more along the lines of an effect similar to the effect my thief receives after coming out of stealth letting me know how long it will be before I can stealth again. Not sure what it’s called but can’t be that difficult to do.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

Would be helpful. Not just Kit Refinement though, should be applied to all traits with cooldowns.

in Engineer

Posted by: AngryBuu.2479

AngryBuu.2479

Well to tell u the truth,cooldown is about 15 seconds,at least I think so,so u better go lightning bolt discharge thingy(not that Im sayin Kit Refinement sucks).

in Engineer

Posted by: Ryptel.5196

Ryptel.5196

If you’re using this for the free elixir gun #5 (super elixir), you can time it by using duration of the field. Switch to elixir gun for the field at your location (move over to your melees if you’re playing range), then immediately switch back to your weapon or main kit. Once the field fades, switch back and use the actual skill. You can do this in a split second, especially if you have fast cast ground targeting enabled. Once that field fades, switch back to elixir gun to reapply the trait field. You can keep it up permanently that way.

in Engineer

Posted by: CheapGamer.3691

CheapGamer.3691

what is the effect for toolkit?

Engineer Cheapgamer [TRON] Magumma

in Engineer

Posted by: Kamahl.3621

Kamahl.3621

Free bed of nails without the painful 1s cast time.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ryptel.5196

Ryptel.5196

I didn’t really touch on how amazing this trait is with elixir gun in dungeons. If you have a few people shooting projectiles, you (and your groupmates) are negating all conditions on your party by keeping the field up permanently.

Every projectile finisher that shoots through a light field will remove a condition from allies within splash range of the target. The field also removes 1 condition from each player within its area of effect when it’s placed on the ground. The range finisher does not benefit you if you aren’t close to the target, so stay near melee range if you want the full effect. Your melee group members will love you for keeping this light field up on condition heavy fights.

The persistent healing is also nice but isn’t going to be the difference between wipes or success.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Well to tell u the truth,cooldown is about 15 seconds,at least I think so,so u better go lightning bolt discharge thingy(not that Im sayin Kit Refinement sucks).

actually the cooldown changes from kit to kit, depending on what it does as free spell.

For elixir gun it’s even 20 seconds I think, just like the actual spell.
For med kit bomb I think there is no cooldown…

It depends on the kit used.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…