Transmute trait

Transmute trait

in Engineer

Posted by: cyclop.5934

cyclop.5934

Description “Incoming conditions have a chance to convert into boons” 100% chance with 15sec CD. And as i noticed it also makes engineers immune to CC every 15 sec. If it so then this trait is totally broken or at least it should be mentioned in description.
So tell me I’m wrong and engineers without stability have immune to CC because of something else or Anet ,in my opinion,should change it and make it work like it is said in the trait description.
PS Played SoloQ Skyhammer today as power ranger, and during the fighting for the hammer, my enemy engineer was lucky to be ummune to my LB #4 twice during 1 fight.

Transmute trait

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

I have paid a great deal of attention to this trait since its change, and I have never seen it effect CC outside of immobilize, chill, and cripple, which are all conditions.

What process did you use to determine it has anything to do with transmute? Do you have any evidence your target had the transmute trait?

What conditions were you seeing the “immune” come up on the screen?

Transmute trait

in Engineer

cyclop.5934

Im 100% sure that engineers have random immune to any CC like pulls,pushes,any stunning and dazing skills. 99% pvp engineers except maybe turrets buld have this trait because they are going for Backpack regenerator. I have played 2900 hours as engineer and I dont see any other reason for this thing to happen,only this trait.
And yes when I use CC skills i see the word “immune” in the middle of my screen and dont see stability at an engineer because this profession is not about stability.Engineer has planty of blinds and evades.

Transmute trait

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

Most curious, as Transmute does not make you immune to anything. It converts a single incoming condition into its boon opposite.

I have spent extensive time with this trait as well, and I am not familiar with this “bug”. I’m not saying you didn’t see what you have seen but there are many many mechanics in GW2 that happens passively/automatically/randomly and without any animation or significant tell particularly in PvP.

Perhaps it was under a specific circumstance that you could create for testing purposes?

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

Transmute trait

in Engineer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I believe transmute would convert incoming fear into stability. If that happened, then yes , they could be temporarily immune to CC. But you wouldn’t actually see the fear happen and the stability would pretty much just flash by.

I really have no idea.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Transmute trait

in Engineer

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

First, transmute does not work on CC! Not like Shared Anguish that Rangers have! Do you know how many immunes I’ve gotten when I try to Magnet them! Rangers truly are the worst class in the game! Mash 1 all day while sitting in a perpetual state of evasion and protection! Truly the worst!

Second, transmute does not work on CC! Learn the class before you start making thilly accusations!

Third, like I’ve mentioned in previous posts there needs to be a visual indicator of these passive skills! Shared Anguish, Transmute, Reaper’s Protection! A boon icon! An aura surrounding them! Anything Anet come on!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

Transmute trait

in Engineer

cyclop.5934

I’ll start to make videos of my pvp matches,it will happen again for sure so i can just add video here. For testing u can just ask a friend to CCyou as engineer, but CC skill must be the 1st attack he makes.Maybe it will help,dunno.Or if only I saw that I must be crazy.

Transmute trait

in Engineer

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Please make a video so we can tell you what actually happened!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

Transmute trait

in Engineer

cyclop.5934

Because Im not a big fan of forums.I’ve played engineer enough and that is why i can say that.It happed several times to me.Things like im trying to pull another engineer with magnet and he has no stability,but immune,no pull.Or dueling with a thief friend and he wonderes why i am immune to his daze.I don’t understand why things like these happened so supposed it was because of this trait.Im 100% sure about what i’ve seen.Not about the reason of it if u can read.As i said the best i can do is to make a video of it so just forget about this topic atm.

Transmute trait

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

You could also pull your points out of that line so that you are certain you do not have transmute, and see if you can replicate the “immune” pop up while not having the trait on your build. At least for purposes of testing this particular curiosity.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Transmute trait

in Engineer

Posted by: Ameno.6813

Ameno.6813

I do recall seeing a lot “Immune” appear frequently against other engineers, but mostly when I use my net shot on rifle which shares a pretty close C/D with that trait so it stands to reason.

Transmute trait

in Engineer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

i seen a lot of my cc (knockbacks mostly) get immune on engineers in wvw, and i dont have any idea what it could be, sometimes on warriors as well, i am pretty sure its not the condition to boon thingy trait, altho i wonder, anyone has an idea?

edit: did pay a lot of attention to stability, no there was no stability involved at all, 100% sure, did check it all the time, i never cc enemy if he has stability

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Transmute trait

in Engineer

Posted by: MataDuitan.5618

MataDuitan.5618

Doesnt aegis block everything? then the engineers you fought probably has armor mods. Like the transmute trait, armor mods also has a 15 sec cd and the aegis procs exactly after the spell hits you which means you wont see it coming and it’ll just say immune.

Transmute trait

in Engineer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

ye but there is always this ‘resist’ when i use my cc

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Transmute trait

in Engineer

Posted by: Zaviel.1245

Zaviel.1245

This trait i great against world bosses as they don’t apply conditions often (almost immunity to Claw of Jormag’s scream) but this does much less in PvP or dungeons. Certainly one of the better lesser traits, but is not broken.

It only effects a single condition. For example if your enemy uses a skill that applies 3 bleed stacks on you, 1 bleed will be converted, still leaving you with the other 2. When you see “immune” it means your converted condition gave you Stability, which happens. Fear will always change into Stability, Burning into Aegis, and Poison into Regen for example. Each condition has a fixed boon it becomes.

Transmute trait

in Engineer

Posted by: Stallerenox.1295

Stallerenox.1295

First, transmute does not work on CC! Not like Shared Anguish that Rangers have! Do you know how many immunes I’ve gotten when I try to Magnet them! Rangers truly are the worst class in the game! Mash 1 all day while sitting in a perpetual state of evasion and protection! Truly the worst!

Second, transmute does not work on CC! Learn the class before you start making thilly accusations!

Third, like I’ve mentioned in previous posts there needs to be a visual indicator of these passive skills! Shared Anguish, Transmute, Reaper’s Protection! A boon icon! An aura surrounding them! Anything Anet come on!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

What I wonder then, is why do I arbitrarily gain 1s of Stability when fighting Claw of Jormag, conveniently at the exact same time everyone else is running away in fear?

Go on, try it. It happens to me every morning when I do that boss.

Transmute trait

in Engineer

Posted by: MonMalthias.4763

MonMalthias.4763

Wahoo! Bye frands!

What I wonder then, is why do I arbitrarily gain 1s of Stability when fighting Claw of Jormag, conveniently at the exact same time everyone else is running away in fear?

Go on, try it. It happens to me every morning when I do that boss.

Fear converts to Stability, because Fear is a Condition as well as being a hard CC. The more you know.

Hardly an Immunity to CC in any case, because in the PvP and WvW setting everything else works just fine. Necros running Terror might have trouble, but a proper Necro never leads off with a Fear anyway as that is a guaranteed wasted cooldown because the opponent will have stunbreaks.

If anything, getting the “Resist!” popup is more than likely due to the Automated Response trait more than the Transmute trait as AR reduces incoming condition duration when it procs. It’s also notable that AR sucks.

If you’re getting “Immune!” when putting CC into Engineer, it’s most likely due to throwing cooldowns into Throw Elixir B Stability, or Elixir S Invulnerability. In either case, it is again, not the fault of the Transmute trait.

Iva Malthias – 80 Engineer
Marellune Malthias – 80 Elementalist
Devil’s Dominion [DD] – Yak’s Bend