Transmute trait...

Transmute trait...

in Engineer

Posted by: funghetto.1584

funghetto.1584

hello everybody… does that trait works properly???

8% chance to convert incoming conditions into boons.

well lets suppose for convenience 10% (so to get it a round calculation) that should be 1 condition every 10 that you get – right?

well to be honest i think its bugged – the only way that i saw it working is with fear – that converts it into stability – usually immediately – never saw it worked with other conditions though…

is it me unlucky or somebody knows something?

cheers

“There’s no such thing as balance, fairness or honor.”
a Fissure Of Woe player that has no home.

Transmute trait...

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Works fine. You’ll often not notice it because it does work instantly, so you’ll usually not see what the incoming condition would have been.

You’ll see it most easily when you get hit by an attack that you know inflicts a certain number of conditions—let’s say another engineer uses prybar on you. That will fairly often end up as four confusion stacks on you instead of five (because there are five 8% chances to transmute at least one of them). You can also see it very easily if you have cloaking device—you’ll suddenly go stealth and gain swiftness.

It’s a super fun trait, I know people don’t like RNG but I wouldn’t trade it for anything. It’s hardly ever game-changing but it’s useful and I love the unpredictability of it.

Transmute trait...

in Engineer

Posted by: funghetto.1584

funghetto.1584

true that on a elixirs hgh build or speedy kits – is quite difficult to see what boons you have on and when especially in wvw… i believe you

hope to make more attention and notice it XD

“There’s no such thing as balance, fairness or honor.”
a Fissure Of Woe player that has no home.

Transmute trait...

in Engineer

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

Transmute works it’s just so underwhelming you rarely notice it. I’d prefer it do something like 25% chance to convert an incoming condition with an internal CD of 8-10 seconds. Or even better, proc Elixir C automatically when you have 4 or more conditions with a 60 second internal cool down.

As it stands though it’s not bad, it’s just not good. No one is going to put 15 points in Alchemy for it like they would for Inventions or Tools, they just kinda get it in the 20 – 30 point Alchemy Value Meal…kinda like those little salt packets for your fries that you may or may not notice in the bag.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

Transmute trait...

in Engineer

NevirSayDie.6235

Transmute works it’s just so underwhelming you rarely notice it. I’d prefer it do something like 25% chance to convert an incoming condition with an internal CD of 8-10 seconds. Or even better, proc Elixir C automatically when you have 4 or more conditions with a 60 second internal cool down.

As it stands though it’s not bad, it’s just not good. No one is going to put 15 points in Alchemy for it like they would for Inventions or Tools, they just kinda get it in the 20 – 30 point Alchemy Value Meal…kinda like those little salt packets for your fries that you may or may not notice in the bag.

But it’s so ridiculously fun the way it is! It’s way more fun than some “remove one condition every ten seconds” passive. An elixir C proc would be awesome but I’m pretty sure we’d get a lot of complaints about that being OP.

Transmute trait...

in Engineer

Posted by: MonMalthias.4763

MonMalthias.4763

@NevirSayDie:
I’m just going to assume that when you say “fun” you actually mean “really really stupid”. Transmute is not fun to play with and not fun to play against. You can’t count on it to save you, and enemies can’t counterplay it because it’s just there and they also have no idea you’re taking it.

RNG does not skill make, contrary to what Jon Sharp once said claiming that “actively reacting” to RNG procs increases the skill floor.

What would be good instead is this:
Using a Toolbelt skill converts 1 condition to a boon (Internal cooldown 20 seconds).
Decently strong for a 15 pointer, and rewards active play, and rewards use of the class mechanic.

Not some RNG proc that doesn’t save you from a true condi-burst and which frustrates opponents when their Fear turns into Stability and they have no idea why.

Iva Malthias – 80 Engineer
Marellune Malthias – 80 Elementalist
Devil’s Dominion [DD] – Yak’s Bend

Transmute trait...

in Engineer

NevirSayDie.6235

@NevirSayDie:
I’m just going to assume that when you say “fun” you actually mean “really really stupid”. Transmute is not fun to play with and not fun to play against. You can’t count on it to save you, and enemies can’t counterplay it because it’s just there and they also have no idea you’re taking it.

RNG does not skill make, contrary to what Jon Sharp once said claiming that “actively reacting” to RNG procs increases the skill floor.

What would be good instead is this:
Using a Toolbelt skill converts 1 condition to a boon (Internal cooldown 20 seconds).
Decently strong for a 15 pointer, and rewards active play, and rewards use of the class mechanic.

Not some RNG proc that doesn’t save you from a true condi-burst and which frustrates opponents when their Fear turns into Stability and they have no idea why.

Fair enough. Yes, conversion on using a toolbelt skill would be stronger, and of course I’d take that over something that is largely unnoticeable. In fact, I’d probably never go without 15 in alchemy, because that would be an amazing trait, almost as good as 409.

Maybe “entertaining” or “hilarious” would have been a better choice of word for me to use. Just think what happens when you have cloaking device traited as well and you transmute an immobilize—you get stealth and swiftness! That is absolutely comical. Is it very good? Not really, as you say. But hilarious—definitely.

Transmute trait...

in Engineer

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

I’m wondering about one thing, maybe someone did test:
Does it work like other “condi to boon” things?
Let’s say you’ve got 10stacks of bleed – all of them are converted into boon?
(asking to be sure, cause someone above said that only one).

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

Transmute trait...

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Works fine. You’ll often not notice it because it does work instantly, so you’ll usually not see what the incoming condition would have been.

You’ll see it most easily when you get hit by an attack that you know inflicts a certain number of conditions—let’s say another engineer uses prybar on you. That will fairly often end up as four confusion stacks on you instead of five (because there are five 8% chances to transmute at least one of them). You can also see it very easily if you have cloaking device—you’ll suddenly go stealth and gain swiftness.

It’s a super fun trait, I know people don’t like RNG but I wouldn’t trade it for anything. It’s hardly ever game-changing but it’s useful and I love the unpredictability of it.

As a player who has been on the other end of this trait, I can say that it is annoyingly random.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Transmute trait...

in Engineer

NevirSayDie.6235

I’m wondering about one thing, maybe someone did test:
Does it work like other “condi to boon” things?
Let’s say you’ve got 10stacks of bleed – all of them are converted into boon?
(asking to be sure, cause someone above said that only one).

No, this trait only converts one stack of anything. However, this evens out because it gets an 8% chance for every stack put on it—if you’re hit with an attack that puts 8 stacks of vulnerability on you, you have a pretty good chance to transmute at least one of them.

As a player who has been on the other end of this trait, I can say that it is annoyingly random.

Right, you’ll see “immune” pop up pretty regularly because it has an 8% chance to transmute each individual stack or proc you put on them. Each time that happens, the engineer is only transmuting one individual condition, like a single stack of vulnerability or bleeding. But the message pops up enough that it can appear to be very strong.

(edited by NevirSayDie.6235)

Transmute trait...

in Engineer

Posted by: VIVorcha.7853

VIVorcha.7853

Nothing to see here. Just another garbage Engineer trait.

Transmute trait...

in Engineer

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

The trait does need changed away from RNG. How can you be competitive if RANDOM CHANCE saves you? What if you were stomping someone, and the necro’s incoming fear instead of preventing the stomp,hurting the engi, and giving necro ability to res opponent, had that 8 PERCENT chance of guarunting the stomp because of stability. How is that fair to them or you?

Remove the RNG. It shouldn’t exist.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

Transmute trait...

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I rarely notice the trait working on me, but I do notice it working when fighting enemy engineers. It’s not the greatest thing in the world, but at least it works.

This thing actually used to be 3% instead of 8% though, like they thought it would be crazy overpowered or something. Then low and behold, they give warriors 8 seconds of unremovable condition immunity… woo.

Transmute trait...

in Engineer

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

If it does actually have a chance to proc per stack of condition applied, then I think you guys might be under estimating how good it is.

Mainly because of the fact that it can turn into a flat amount of duration of a boon, for example if something applies vulnerability x8 then that’s 8 chances to proc a 3s protection, etc.

If it works that way then it’s actually a bit overpowered in some cases.

Transmute trait...

in Engineer

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

Compared to our other 15 point minor traits it’s just not attractive:
- Reserve Mines: drops mines @ 25% hp
- Target the Weak: +10 crit rate against targets >50% hp
- Automated Medical Response: heal skill recharges at 25% hp
- Inertial Converter: Tool Belt skills recharge at 25% hp

Compared to any of these Master tier minor traits Transmute is clearly inferior. 8% chance to convert an incoming condition into a boon is the same as saying 92% chance to not do anything to incoming conditions.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

Transmute trait...

in Engineer

Posted by: MonMalthias.4763

MonMalthias.4763

@Obscure One:
I’d argue that Reserve Mines is actually the weakest of every one of our 15 pointers, with Inertial Converter and Automated Medical Response being the best. Reserve Mines deal insignificant damage enough to act as counterpressure and disperse randomly, so you can’t rely on them hitting someone.

It should also be noted that the Reserve Mines proc can actually be suicidal as well because it is counted as a spell cast and therefore procs Confusion. That 25% HP with a Reserve Mines proc can quickly snowball into Downed state just because of something beyond your own control. It seriously needs to be removed from the game.

Iva Malthias – 80 Engineer
Marellune Malthias – 80 Elementalist
Devil’s Dominion [DD] – Yak’s Bend

Transmute trait...

in Engineer

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

It is extremely helpful pvp wise but also RNG isn’t. Remove the RNG. Maybe 1 removed for every 10, 1 every 10s etc.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

Transmute trait...

in Engineer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Agreed it’s OK, but like many eng things the RNG is the problem (some of which are being fixed in the next patch). Something more reliable would be much preferred and yield more skilled play/counter play.

I also agree that Reserve Mines is total worthless rubbish.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Transmute trait...

in Engineer

Posted by: Mak.2657

Mak.2657

Now because of much whine trait really nerfed. New state of trait is better if you are hitted less then 12.5 condies in 15 seconds. Before i thought a whole stacks of conditition that apllied by enemy skill is converted (e.g. if u already have 2 stacks of bleed and opponent strike with skill apllying 3 bleeds – trait would convert those 3 stacks, other 2 still there). In this case it still good in some 1×1, 1×2 where rate of condy applying can be not very high
But noticed recently that enemy engineer hitted by prybar converted on 1 stack of 5. It means even in in 1×1 it much less usefull cause high overall condy apllying rate.
Someone noticed that trait in previous version can be neither controlled by player, nor counterplayed by enemy. But in current state it can be easily counterplayed by enemy but not controllable by player.
Any suggestions?

(edited by Mak.2657)

Transmute trait...

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

why would you bump a thread from 3 months ago, that is discussing a topic that – since the last patch – is outdated?
Btw german here, and I’d guess you’re not a native english-speaker as well.
Your post is hardly understandable and may could spawn confusion among its readers.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

Transmute trait...

in Engineer

Posted by: Moderator.6840

Moderator.6840

The thread is now closed because it the last answer was from september. This notification is only to inform you why the thread is closed. Thanks to not bump thread who are inactive for months.