Tune down the ridiculous grenade effects.

in Engineer

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

The particle effects of the nades cause very high fps drop on lower end systems such as laptops. There should be an option to tune them down.
This makes playing or playing with nade engineers a pain.
Same thing happens with certain other skills, such as the Blinding Powder of thief. Makes me wonder how incompetent effect designers Anet has : the effects don’t look very good compared to other games, yet they still consume massive amounts of resources.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

in Engineer

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

Agreed. It actually was mentioned months ago to the devs on SOTG by Grouch but it is like they never tested it with a lower end machine.

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

I think many of the skills in the game should have their VFX tuned down – they just make things hard to see in the oh-so-common gigantic fights. Unless they do something to encourage small groups instead of zerging, it’s just a pain in the kitten to see.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lumn.2951

Lumn.2951

This is definitely an issue for me, brought apparent again by some of the new grenadier enemies in tight spaces in the new dungeon.

in Engineer

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

The particle effects of the nades cause very high fps drop on lower end systems such as laptops. There should be an option to tune them down.
This makes playing or playing with nade engineers a pain.
Same thing happens with certain other skills, such as the Blinding Powder of thief. Makes me wonder how incompetent effect designers Anet has : the effects don’t look very good compared to other games, yet they still consume massive amounts of resources.

Most likely it’s the layered transparency fill-locking your system, try zooming out to minimize the amount of your screen they cover.

Also, don’t blame the developers for your lousy system.

in Engineer

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

i second OP

not because i have fps drops but because i cant see cast animations at all (especially on asuras)

(edited by RaynStargaze.6510)

in Engineer

Posted by: Kamahl.3621

Kamahl.3621

I’m gonna agree with this issue, it’s hard to see critical boss tells like the new AR dungeon – when Mai’s aiming her pistol, I can’t really tell sometimes when I’m hammering her with grenades.

in Engineer

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Be nice if we could see what our target is doing, and the splosion doesn’t help.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD