Turret Master Engineer

Turret Master Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Billaboong.6821

Billaboong.6821

GUIDE: http://youtu.be/tU8jOgViJxQ

BUILD: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAUlUUpqqVWx2KseNCdBF6V0hXI6GekR/pAA-TJBBABV8AAA4CAUz+DhXGAA

FAQ:

Q: Is this the best build currently existing for engineers?
A: No, there isn’t a “best build” in pvp. It really depends on wich and how many enemies you are facing. This build if for sure an innovative and good build.

Q: Can I use this build in WvW/PvE?
A: In WvW your enemies will just run away and get out of the turrets range, the reason this build works in PvP is because any enemy want to cap the point so he won’t run away. For PvE this build do not assure you the highest damage you can get as an engineer, while you could use it for some solo content.

Q: I see your life is chaning during the video
A: That’s because sometimes I switch to Soldier amulet instead of Knight, it will reduce your overall DPS but you will become tankier, it really depends on what your team is running.

Q: Why aren’t you using Autotool Installation?
A: I prefer going for Accellerant-Packed Turrets, wich will damage and knocback enemies when the turrets explodes, making them self repairing would go against the idea of having a buff when they get destroied. I also noticed that in mostly every 1 vs 1 my turrets last until I kill my opponent.

Q: Why aren’t you using Fortified Turrets?
A: I feel like it’s not worth it as a grandmaster trait, you won’t really change the match by reflecting projectiles for 5 seconds. Also Rifled Turret Barrels is a much better replacement.

Q: Why Flame Turret if there’s no condition damage and not Rifle Turret?
A: Consider the 3 stack of might (17.5 seconds) that Flame Turret gives every 10 second, this mean that for 7.5 seconds I have 6 stacks of might wich will give me an overall dps higher than what Rifle Turret would do. Also the area blind and combo field smoke is really useful compared than Rifle Turret passive skill.

If you have any additional question feel free to contact me ingame or write a comment here.

A big thanks to Jebro’s for giving me something to start with with his engineer build.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k8EmP68IRI&feature=gp-n-y

Turret Master Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Rabit will be probably better choice while turret damage dont scale with power or even with might, condi damage on other hand..:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Turret Master Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolfar.6508

Wolfar.6508

Rabit will be probably better choice while turret damage dont scale with power or even with might, condi damage on other hand..:-)

Turrets do scale with power, change the knight amulet to rabid and you will see the damage done drop by the turrets.

Wolfineer.com - Everything Engineer!

Turret Master Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Turrets do scale with power, change the knight amulet to rabid and you will see the damage done drop by the turrets.

My testing indicates that there isn’t any Power scaling. The tooltips have also stopped lying about it, so there’s really no reason to be misinformed about Turret Power scaling or the lack thereof any further.

Testing method:
I went to Loch Waypoint in Metrica, put Thumper, Rifle and Rocket Turrets on my skillbar, removed every item I possessed that gave a Power bonus, and picked fights with neutral Jungle Spiders nearby.
Without gear, my Power was 51; with gear, it was 67.
With and without gear, Rifle dealt 42 damage per shot, Thumper dealt 43, and Rocket dealt 97.
Similar tests run against the golems in Heart of the Mists’ DPS trials area returned similar results – turret damage at 1,559 Power was identical to turret damage at 916 Power.

(edited by Anymras.5729)

Turret Master Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Alkaholic.3875

Alkaholic.3875

Experimental Turrets vs Incendiary Powder

W/ Celestial amulet, u can do 3.5K burns per crit on a 25% crit rating. Are the buffs from Alchemy XIII that good?

Turret Master Engineer

in Engineer

Billaboong.6821

Experimental Turrets vs Incendiary Powder

W/ Celestial amulet, u can do 3.5K burns per crit on a 25% crit rating. Are the buffs from Alchemy XIII that good?

You’re just pushint towards the engineer condition meta.. what I posted here is a different build. Everything is explained on the video, I pick up Experimental Turrets also because it gives boons to your party, not only you. As said you can for sure get higher damage, but it’s not the point of this build.

Turret Master Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Barillaboong.8053

Barillaboong.8053

Great video and guide!

Turret Master Engineer

in Engineer

Billaboong.6821

The build has been discussed and updated thanks to the work of the MetaBattle community.

Find it here! http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Engineer_-_Turret

Turret Master Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Could you recommend me a youtube channel for this build?
To watch while I play it?

Turret Master Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

umm, there is a youtube link in the original post.

Turret Master Engineer

in Engineer

Billaboong.6821

There is my video wich explains in deep how to play it but currently there aren’t player streaming while playing it or making videos on Youtube.

Turret Master Engineer

in Engineer

Billaboong.6821

Updated as 09.09.2014 patch. Many buff made the build stronger.

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Engineer_-_Turret

Turret Master Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: JoxerNL.3752

JoxerNL.3752

Your video is not available in my country.
Netherlands EU.

Turret Master Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: ShadowPuppet.3746

ShadowPuppet.3746

Funny guy…