Turret Mobility

Turret Mobility

in Engineer

Posted by: Wiseman.4075

Wiseman.4075

We should get an elite trait that allows mobile turrets! If this is supposed to be a viable build in anything out side of pvp capping they need to be mobile. Ranger spirits ring a bell? They should be traited with some steam punk legs or tank treds or something! It would be pretty freaking awesome!

Turret Mobility

in Engineer

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

And hilariously OP!

Turret mobility was never an issue for me, and I roam a lot in WvW and sPvP. Especially in sPvP. If you ever see me in game, I almost never try to hold points, I’m always going places.

Turret Mobility

in Engineer

Posted by: Wiseman.4075

Wiseman.4075

But but but I am an Asura and I want my tiny tanks!!

And a Portal Gun Kit and and a techy version of our hobo sacks!

(My wish list for Engi)

Turret Mobility

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

As interesting as it would be to have mobile Turrets…I’ve stopped thinking it’s a good idea. Partially due to trait interactions with Deployable Turrets, I’ll admit; Anet has demonstrated a remarkable inability to get Turrets working entirely properly to begin with, going by the eight months between reporting and resolving several crippling issues, and I’ve little love for the idea of seeing them attempt to make ‘They go where you throw them, and then move along with you’ work.

Instead, I’d suggest modifying the base cooldowns – make them start when the Turret is placed, at the very least. This would reward people who could keep them up for longer, while also making it less of an issue to Detonate even the longest-cooldown Turrets.

I do a lot of Turret use, to, uh, put it mildly (I pretty much never don’t use four Turrets, except underwater), and I’ve personally not noticed a ton of issues with mobility. I also don’t often place my Turrets when not outnumbered in PvE, so that might have something to do with it.

Turret Mobility

in Engineer

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

I hate when people say “We should get X because Class Y has it!”
Stop comparing classes to one and other.. they are different for a reason.

I’ve never seen Spirit Rangers saying “Our Spirits should knockback when they die because Engineers turrets can!”

Turret Mobility

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

I’ve never seen Spirit Rangers saying “Our Spirits should knockback when they die because Engineers turrets can!”

Actually they have a trait to “overcharge” their spirit in case of death…

imagine an insta-smokefield in case a warri jumped your flame-turret, or a stun from the net-turret as response upon its destruction.

Yes, I’d love mobile turrets as well, but having a floating thumper turret with you that knockbacks 2 times and cripples everybody around you constantly would be too OP.
I’m quite fine with our turrets immobility, given how effective some of their overcharges are, and if you like to troll to the max, take the turret-throwing trait with you and throw the thumper / flame-turret right into a zerg.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

Turret Mobility

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

If you want mobile turrets that run around with you, play Wildstar. If you want more realistic stationary turrets that’s what you get here.

I would love to see turrets be more mobile, but I doubt it will ever happen at this point. I say that only because of the big April 15th patch and all the changes they made, and attention to turrets, but they still didn’t make them the tiniest bit mobile.

I don’t think the solution should be turrets that follow us though. Too much like other pets. My favorite two solutions are 1) a new elite skill mimicking “Summon Spirits” from GW1. As I’ve stated before, the more similarities we can draw with GW1 Rit Spirits, the better. This particular skill would summon all spirits to your location. Give this to Engineers with ~30s cooldown, call it portable Asura portal technology, and done. For 2) it would just be a Grandmaster trait that drastically reduces turret placement cooldowns when picked up. Leave everything else alone, just make this trait say something like “when turrets are picked up, their cooldown becomes ~5-10 seconds”. No change when detonated. 10s would probably be best balanced because of Healing Turret (alternatively just move even more healing from the deployment to the overcharge).

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry