Turret build on 10th Dec balance

in Engineer

Posted by: Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

well, with next balance update i can test this build and hope for engy’s turrets revolution
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqalIqyUnsSVF1LJRoHJG0LGUh8KSBm1/nCAA-jEyAocA0FItAkgAkCLiGbxsIasqZioalNGA-w

•Explosives IX – Accelerant packed turrets. Moved to Adept tier.
•Alchemy V – Blood Injection. Increased conversion from 5% to 7%.
•Alchemy 15 – Transmute. Increased % chance from 8% to 100%. This effect can now only trigger once every 15 seconds.

F4 tool belt skill give fire field for combo field (might on blast)
water field for 4+ combo blast for massive healing
and smoke field for massive stealth
some comments/suggestions if u want

Engy:Turrets Nade/HgH Kit Bunker Zerker
Necro:MMMesmer:pve omniRanger:SpiritsThief:P/P

(edited by Dredd Spirit Caller.4082)

in Engineer

Posted by: Llanowar.1603

Llanowar.1603

My only concern with this build is that it’s intentions are split. You have all the nice utility for blast fields….but that means you’re destroying your turrets which removes some of your strength.

If this is your plan that’s not a problem, but if I were going that route I would probably take some of the points out of inventions and put them into firearms. So that you can still deal good damage with your pistols. You won’t need steel plating if you’re going to be detonating your turrets often, and that means you can focus on using your accelerant packed turrets as major CC.

Just my $0.02 but I’m also very excited to play with turrets post patch.

in Engineer

Posted by: Armin.8765

Armin.8765

Blood Injection is (even after the buff) not that strong.
I would move 10 points from Alchemy to Tools and take Protection Injection and Deployable Turrets.
I think Net Turret would fit better than Thumper, because it keeps your enemy in the range of your other turrets and it has a shorter cooldown.

The Healing Power and Power from you equipment are a waste of stats. Complete Dire is the way to go.
Two stacking sigills are useless, because you can only stack one stat. I would keep the Sigil of Corruption and take a Sigil of Battle or Leeching.

In my opinion Autotool Installation (again, even after the buff) is not worth using it. If you take Power Shoes instead, which will give you speed out of combat after the update, you have a free choice with your runes. My proposal: Noble for offense or Melandru for defense.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqalIqyUnrSVF1bJxoCMO0jEf/FDqQeFVQ/fKAAA-jECBoOBkWAkEBITqIasVhFRjV9ATxiIq2joIa1SBwk0I-w

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

As a long-time Turret user, I’d suggest ditching the off-hand Pistol, and grabbing a Shield instead. Take Reinforced Shield if Autotool Installation remains as useless after its buff (I think it will, but let’s give it a chance). Shield provides defensive measures that’re pretty much required, especially for a build focused entirely on Turrets; whether you’re detonating them or not, you’ll need measures to help you outlast the enemy beyond rushdown. Also, Shield #4 provides a non-Detonation Blast Finisher.

…I’d also suggest not getting too excited over the changes. Turrets have probably the heftiest list of bugs on any one skillset, and their flaws aren’t being addressed even when there’s both ample reason and opportunity to.

in Engineer

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

i see, atm i testing this build in WvW/dungeon
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqalIqyUnsSVF17IRoHJG0LWkCMr/PKmPdB-jECBocAoLg0Cgk0ApQFRjtYqIasqZER1KbYSBIr0I-w
shield for another blast and stun but change the trait dont improve the turrets build
transmute after the balance is needed (100% chance to convert a condition to boon every 15 sec)
deployable turret (tool V) give only ground targetting just spending 5 point on tool for endurance when using tool belt skills and 15 points on alchemy
thumper turret give 3 blast on fire field when needed (9 might) and cripple melee foe every 3 second

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqelIqyUnsSVF1bJxYBhekYQvYQFyr4DY+TBAA-j0BB4MBkWAgkGMFqIasFTFRjVNjIqWZDTKAZlGB-w
this build feet more??? (see it on balance upgrade)
dire set its a chouse but i focusin on low cost set XD (carrion set 35-40 gold and accessory take by token)

(edited by Dredd Spirit Caller.4082)

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

transmute after the balance is needed (100% chance to convert a condition to boon every 15 sec)

It doesn’t work like that.
It converts an incoming condition, not one already applied.

Basically, it is even worse than before.

in Engineer

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

It doesn’t work like that.
It converts an incoming condition, not one already applied.

Basically, it is even worse than before.

well just test it next month

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Well, it is just a matter of numbers. It always worked on incoming conditions, but whereas before we had an 8% chance and no cooldown, now it converts a single incoming one every 15s – but we still have no control upon it.
So it is far easier for it to activate on a spare bleeding, rather than one that could really matter. And since there is a cooldown, it won’t work again for other 15s.
Whereas before it was still unpredictable, but at least offered some kind of passive defense against conditions.

in Engineer

Posted by: Tulki.1458

Tulki.1458

Hate to say it but there’s really no way turrets will be viable, even with the trait changes, until the bugs are fixed and the turrets gain the same minion health buff that literally every other summonable “thing” in the game got last patch. Also, overcharging turrets disables their traits anyway. For some traits like damage and repair, it disables them momentarily. For others like the range on rifled turret barrels, overcharging once removes the range bonus for the remainder of the turret’s life. Also, deployable turrets simply don’t get the range bonus.

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Well, it is just a matter of numbers. It always worked on incoming conditions, but whereas before we had an 8% chance and no cooldown, now it converts a single incoming one every 15s – but we still have no control upon it.
So it is far easier for it to activate on a spare bleeding, rather than one that could really matter. And since there is a cooldown, it won’t work again for other 15s.
Whereas before it was still unpredictable, but at least offered some kind of passive defense against conditions.

8% is 12.5% of all incoming conditions being resisted. 1 every 15 seconds is only equivalent if you receive 12-13 individual conditions during the 15 second window. The new version will be better if you receive less conditions than that during the cooldown window, but worse if you receive more conditions (in terms of total conditions resisted).

As for particular conditions removed, it’s not uncommon for opponents to open up with some sort of valuable condition. For instance, a longbow warrior may open up with pin down, meaning you can negate either the immobilize or the bleeds, depending on how it handles it. Similarly, an engineer might open with static shot or net shot. However, if someone is mindful of this trait, they will waste it on something like a single bleed stack before assaulting you with stronger attacks (i.e. use an explosive shot before blowtorch). It’s possible this might also apply a visible buff to you now so they have a visual notification that transmute is up.

It’s kind of funny because it’s difficult to really notice this trait coming into effect during combat (i.e. in a zerg fight in WvW), but I’m guessing I’ll really start to notice it’s reduced effects in those same fights when I start taking in a ton more conditions with no additional ways to remove them.