Turret duration nerf in the past 5 months?

in Engineer

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Ok, so… I’ve been slowly coming out of my 5 month hiatus, and noticed something different about my turrets.

Whenever I go AFK out in the field, I drop all my turrets around me to keep me safe. Usually unnecessary, since I make sure to afk away from anyone that might want to do terrible things to me, but it makes me feel better. Anyhow, I did it again today (for the first time since my hiatus), came back 10 minutes later and my turrets were gone >_>. Combat log was empty and my character was still sitting, so they weren’t destroyed by a roaming monster.

I used to do this for up to 15-20 minutes without issue. Did they nerf the duration of turrets at some point? It’s not a big deal, I suppose, but it made me feel all safe whenever I had to walk away from the computer >_>

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Yes they did, sadly, turrets now only lasts five minutes before they explode and go on full cd. Oh and it was also just implemented in last monthly patch.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

well, they did nerf their duration because of ossible afk farming and such…
So my guess is that they don’t want them used as you did.

the 5 min timer hurts in pve bossfights that last a bit, and in some tpvp matches I suppose, if they’re really slow…

The timer by itself isn’t the worst part: it is the fact that you get the FULL turret cooldown when they disappear.
Let them disappear but give them a 5 sec cooldown to put them up again at most.
This way you can’t go afk, but you’re not suddenly left without your turrets either mid-fight.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

The timer by itself isn’t the worst part: it is the fact that you get the FULL turret cooldown when they disappear.
Let them disappear but give them a 5 sec cooldown to put them up again at most.
This way you can’t go afk, but you’re not suddenly left without your turrets either mid-fight.

Definitely, It wouldn’t be so bad if I could redeploy my turret a few seconds after they committed suicide.

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

It’d be nice if they could implement the extremely simple idea in this thread.

The class is always greener on the other side.