Turret(s) : The hitbox needs to be fixed!

in Engineer

Posted by: Ambrecombe.4398

Ambrecombe.4398

Hi, I am an Engineer

And my turrets have biger hitboxes compared to my Charr! Check the video bellow by yourself and see my turrets, with broken traits, beeing taken down by a small AoE even when those are out of its area of effect.
Video Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL-BWRKWkLY&feature=youtu.be

This is very problematic, for a couple of reasons :
- Turrets even traited are extremely fragile to damage.
- Some turrets have very close range and need good positioning to avoid damage.
- Biger hitboxes gives them theoricaly less chances to survive AoEs sinds their chances beeing in the surface of one of those is increased.

Could a dev please fix this by giving smaller hitboxes to our turrets and at the same time correct every other issues related to turrets like the Invention traitline and CD when picked up?

Thank you very much!

in Engineer

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Congratz, you brought up something that probably not a lot of people have notice and and is actually is a big issue, with such big hit boxes is no wonder turrets are so susceptible to AoE. reducing it might infact help a little with their survival on both PvE/WvW.

And Great video, you showed both weakness as well as the lack of damage turrets currently face, if that’s what it took to take down a normal mob, how does that translate to veterans, champions or bosses? Hopefully a developer will take notice of this post

(edited by google.3709)

in Engineer

Ambrecombe.4398

I play with a mix of Rabid/Apothicary set and I use a 0/30/30/0/10 build, I never had real issues with veterans, neither Champions, I can actualy solo a lot of them. But yeah with something close to 1500 condition damage I deal some crappy damage and this commes from the fact main hand pistol without a offhand pistol looses a lot of damage from the burning. 2sec Bleedings are too short and the poison and 2 stacks of confusion aren’t adding much either.

Before the patch my build realy shined when it was about taking down ennemies straigth in a line sinds my Flame turret had extended range from Rifled Turret Barrels and my Coated Bullets allowed me to make multiple explosive shots on ennemies. I never intended to outshine a Grenadier build, sinds I was playing it for fun, but it granted some very powerfull single target controls, making boss battle much more easier.

I think if the bleeding effect was either extended in duration or applied on the explosion it would be a much stronger weapon when facing multiple ennemies. But it might becomme overpowerfull when it commes to people dualwielding pistols with a HgH build.

in Engineer

Posted by: JoxerNL.3752

JoxerNL.3752

It’s sad the Turrets are in such a sad state, i actually am leveling my 3rd Engineer, and this time round i wanted to do the routine of going Explosion/Invention, but having the turrets is making things alot harder on me, as if im being punished for having my turrets out.

in Engineer

Posted by: Talbin.8305

Talbin.8305

Yeah, im sure it’ll get fixed sooner or later…but it really is frustrating. I got tired of running SD / HGH builds and really started to get into making turrets work. Then…BAM… patch day breaks them :/

Back to running around with a FT for fun…and playing alts more.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kalan.9705

Kalan.9705

Turrets are at an all time low, which is quite sad seeing as it’s the only area of many that need attention on the engineer that has actually got any dev time in months.

All that dev time on turrets is dollars in the toilet until they look at survivability and ai.

in Engineer

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

Turrets are at an all time low, which is quite sad seeing as it’s the only area of many that need attention on the engineer that has actually got any dev time in months.

That’s because the devs have no idea why turrets are awful. They think it’s their damage numbers.

It’s totally not their lack of mobility.
It’s totally not their lack of health and defense.
It’s totally not their awful hitboxes.
It’s totally not their long cooldowns.
It’s totally not that they take up multiple utility slots for such lackluster use.
It’s totally not that their traits are spread into trees such that you get almost no choices for builds.

It’s their damage.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

in Engineer

Ambrecombe.4398

I would realy like to see how it plays, sinds the recent patch, when at least the hitbox and traits are working as intended. Right now it is just impossible to justify your turret with all the listed issues, and also not possible to give an accurate oppinion about those.

in Engineer

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I still think picking up a turret should reset the cooldown completely or down to 5 seconds.

Something that can’t move really needs to be much tougher in this game.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

I still think picking up a turret should reset the cooldown completely or down to 5 seconds.

as others have suggested: the cooldown should keep running in the background and picking up the turret should simply lower that cooldown as now.

For example: if you pick up after 10 seconds, than it’s 5 seconds more till you can deploy again.
But if you pick up after 15 seconds, you can deploy immediately.

This way it can not be abused to get even shorter cooldown than 15 seconds, but at the same time you do not get a NEW cooldown as you pick up.

If you detonate immediately: 20 seconds wait.
If you detonate after 5 seconds: 15 second wait.
Anything over 20 seconds: you can immediately deploy again after detonating.

Another thread suggested this, and it’s so simple and effective.
It puzzles me why they insist on punishing us with this lack of mobility for turrets.

Turrets have a cooldown, they don’t need another added on destruction, that makes no sense at all.
Just let the cooldown count from deploying, and base all the rest on that moment.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in Engineer

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Exactly. To look at the list of issues with the turrets, especially in comparison to other pet classes, the fact that they don’t move should be balanced with MORE Hp, MORE toughness, and frankly, a LOT more damage, or at least faster damage.

They should be point holding machines, stationary behemoths that can be upgraded for placement, range, self-repair (this list has been incrementally broken on some level for months), and possibly damage.

To add to the above list, turrets don’t get buffs, heals, conditions, cannot crit, and generally doesn’t benefit from any of the standard traits that affect our Engie toons. So if they are treating it as siege, which they essentially are, why doesn’t it benefit from the range, control, damage, and toughness of siege?

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in Engineer

JoxerNL.3752

Would be nice if we heard something from the devs, they seem to be quite awake “in other forums”.

in Engineer

Posted by: Grackleflint.4956

Grackleflint.4956

Trait: Junk It! (Adept-Tools) Your Throw Wrench now pulls all of your deployed turrets to you resetting their cooldowns and detonates them for massive damage knocking back foes, and your Thwak and Pry Bar skills do Siege Damage.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kalan.9705

Kalan.9705

Would be nice if we heard something from the devs, they seem to be quite awake “in other forums”.

Devs don’t post here because they don’t know anything about the class, and it would be too easy for them to end up looking bad.

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

as others have suggested: the cooldown should keep running in the background and picking up the turret should simply lower that cooldown as now.

For example: if you pick up after 10 seconds, than it’s 5 seconds more till you can deploy again.
But if you pick up after 15 seconds, you can deploy immediately.

This way it can not be abused to get even shorter cooldown than 15 seconds, but at the same time you do not get a NEW cooldown as you pick up.

If you detonate immediately: 20 seconds wait.
If you detonate after 5 seconds: 15 second wait.
Anything over 20 seconds: you can immediately deploy again after detonating.

Another thread suggested this, and it’s so simple and effective.
It puzzles me why they insist on punishing us with this lack of mobility for turrets.

Turrets have a cooldown, they don’t need another added on destruction, that makes no sense at all.
Just let the cooldown count from deploying, and base all the rest on that moment.

I like that idea, although I think that detonating it or having them destroyed should have a minimum 5 second cooldown, just so that you always have at least some tradeoff when detonating them.

It also really sucks that your toolbelt skills are locked out… some of those are really useful. If you decide to go turrets in your build, you now have to partially sacrifice your class mechanic… it doesn’t make any sense at all.

The whole design concept is just not where it needs to be right now, and it’s not something they’ll be able to fix quickly. At least they have received some buffing though…

in Engineer

JoxerNL.3752

Let’s first see if they will -ever- fix the hitboxes which are still completely off the charts, the size of two chars or something like that.

in Engineer

Posted by: Grackleflint.4956

Grackleflint.4956

Would a trait that allowed you to keep your turret Toolbelt skills available while your turrets are deployed be interesting to anyone? Call it something like “Refined Turrets.”

This would lock you out of your blast finishers, but it might be an interesting and useful change.

in Engineer

Posted by: Wreknar.5076

Wreknar.5076

I would love to see that hitbox bug fixed and also some serious loving to the durability of them as well. This one-shot pop mechanic (especially for the CD on a lot of them) is really painful to see. Never in this game’s history have turrets really been the battlefield changers as advertised. Hell, I really only use Supply Drop for the damage, stun, and medkits. I’ve learned to not rely on the turrets that come with it.

in Engineer

JoxerNL.3752

Another day, another chance for the devs to acknowledge our turrets to be bugged beyond belief.
Place your bets ladies and gents, will we be acknowledged today, or will we be ignored?!

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Would a trait that allowed you to keep your turret Toolbelt skills available while your turrets are deployed be interesting to anyone? Call it something like “Refined Turrets.”

This would lock you out of your blast finishers, but it might be an interesting and useful change.

not a bad idea, but please not ANOTHER turret trait…
Not your fault, but turrets already have too many traits, and in general they are pretty weak at that too.

Accelerant-packed turrets should simply be baseline, every turret should knockback on detonating.
Just like your idea should be baseline. At least the availability of the toolbelt. Detonating should simply replace picking up or something. If detonated: lower cooldown, if destroyed by others: full cooldown.

A full turret trait build requires 20/0/30/0/10 or even 20/0/30/0/20 if you want the toolkit repair to be better…
Not all traits are as usefull, but it’s insane that you would create a turret build, and still can’t pick up all turret traits for it. Simply because you need some personal defense or dps as well…
Those builds leaving nothing for the engineer as traits

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

(edited by Kimbald.2697)