Turrets Cant Crit?

Turrets Cant Crit?

in Engineer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I am playing around in the Mists, as i am looking into making a more offensive build. I have several traits and sigils that are affected by Crits.

- Sigil of Strength
- Precise Shots
- Sharpshooter

Yet it seems that NONE of these work with Turrets. Why was it made that Turrets couldn’t crit? Its not as if the Turrets are amazingly strong or anything. Rifle Turret does like 450damage with 3,400 attack power :/

Turrets Cant Crit?

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Turrets can’t crit, don’t scale with Power, Precision or anything else that isn’t Condition, Boon or Healing-related, and probably would manage to deal less damage on crits and have scaling that zig-zagged, given their plethora of bugs.

Anet could just as well say ‘We just don’t do Turrets,’ as somebody in another thread remarked.

Turrets Cant Crit?

in Engineer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

That is extremely stupid. What is the point in them then? Crappy damage, long cool downs The overload features on most are meh and the ONLY good things on some are the toolbelt skills :/

Turrets Cant Crit?

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

They probably can’t crit because they’re registered as structures or something… I don’t think you can crit a turret either, but I agree it’s really silly that they can’t crit. Imagine if mesmer clones and phantasms couldn’t crit, that would invalidate like half of the well-defined mesmer builds.

Turrets Cant Crit?

in Engineer

Posted by: Stalima.5490

Stalima.5490

i think your missing the point of the turrets, its better to choose them for their toolbelt skill and treat the actual turret as the secondary function, this way it will feel like the slot is infact more worth it since the turret can just be out for the cd of your toolbelt, the rifle turret is the only exception to this.

Turrets Cant Crit?

in Engineer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Surely, they are called turrets – the turret part should be the key reason you have it. Not because of its toolbelt skill. Take a look at Phantasms. ALOT smaller cooldown and do a ALOT more damage. The toolbelt skill is NOT a worthy compromise.

Turrets Cant Crit?

in Engineer

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

All the disadvantages of siege, with none of the advantages…

and oh yeah, more bugs than any other professional mechanic.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

Turrets Cant Crit?

in Engineer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Yeah its a joke. The damage is pathetic. The cool downs are to long. They cant move. Compare that to say Phantasms – Insane damage, move and insanely low cool downs.