Turrets DERP

Turrets DERP

in Engineer

Posted by: SNAFU.2073

SNAFU.2073

my turrets more often than not, target something completely irrelevant and often will add mobs to my plate. when i fight world bosses they target something off in the distance and not who i am fighting. Do ranger pets run off and start fighting ambient creatures? It’d be great if they prioritized my target. Anyone else with this problem?

Turrets DERP

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

They definitely should prioritize our target. With that said, using turrets in my build recently, I have some pointers.

They do not target “yellow” mobs unless you turn the “red”. Those that are not aggressive naturally. You can place them right next to these and they won’t do anything. They target the closest aggressive monster to them, even if you have not yet pulled it.

For this reason I have been having success without using the Deployable Turrets trait. With a bit of practice, you can reliably predict what the turrets are going to target when you drop them at your feet. It’s simply the closest target to you. Sometimes this takes some extra maneuvering, but you can definitely get to a point where you’re getting turrets to target what you want.

Work with them, not against them. Knowing their behavior helps a lot, because they are unable to react to you so you are left to react to them.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

Turrets DERP

in Engineer

SNAFU.2073

While that makes sense to jus learn to deal with it, it still kills the fact that a turret is suppost to be that long range DPS that people don’t notice, so by having to place it so they are the closest enemy whether it being AI or player…makes it easy for them to focus it a few hits, then refocus you. Turrets should be ground targetted spell by default if the behavior is to remain the same, so we don’t have to waste 10 trait points to get it.

Turrets DERP

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Turrets should have critical hit chance and scaling critical damage .

Turrets DERP

in Engineer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

They target the closest aggressive monster to them, even if you have not yet pulled it.

Including such targets on the other side of walls. I have observed this directly on several occasions. Once i had a turret continually blast a bridge because a risen was idling in the waters below. Another time i had it blast a ruined wall because a flame legion was idling behind it. They really need to do LOS checks before attempting to blast potential targets.

Turrets DERP

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Agreed. Sometimes you can work around that specific targeting problem but it shouldn’t need to be worked around, it should be fixed.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

Turrets DERP

in Engineer

Posted by: Rovus.5428

Rovus.5428

I have seen my turrets attacking the ground right where I killed a mob and never give up on it. Don’t know what that’s about.

Yes, turrets should target what you’re targeting. I think the community would see a vast improvement of potential DPS from the turrets if they actually attack something relevant.

Also, static objects should NEVER be a priority, despite the proximity of it. Enemies should always come first.

“Subtus pennas meas, pinnas meas interitum”

Alatum Interitum

Turrets DERP

in Engineer

SNAFU.2073

I’m glad ppl feel my pain with this profession haha, it is so far my favorite to play so it kinda kills my interest a bit with these flaws, because it really affects it’s effectiveness on the field.