Turrets not Scaling with Power

in Engineer

Posted by: Yoshifxe.8346

Yoshifxe.8346

Before I begin, this will most likey end up being into a partial rant/question post when I am done.

First off I am ok with the fact that turrets got a buff in the recent patch that made them scale off of condition damage and boon effects. That needed to happen eventually, but WHY after 6 months do they not scale off of the POWER stat.

Every other summon; ele elementals, mesmer phantasms, etc., scales off of the hero’s power and shows (I know necros minons don’t scale as well before people remark aobut that, but the minions have a lot more convientent traits if you intend to use them like 50% extra health, a better on death effect, and 30% extra damage). Why is it that the stationary, limited range, paper-mache defense turret does far less damage then any of these other summons mentioned above. Am I the only one who thinks that the stationary summon should either deal more damage than that of others or at least be able to take a few hits from dungeon tier mobs to account for its lack of mobility?

Really, what I want answered at some point is why do turrets not scale with actuall power because I believe a summon should pose just as much threat as the player itself and not just some annoyance that keeps picking off 1-3% of your health.

in Engineer

Posted by: Raijinn.9065

Raijinn.9065

Well, you know, because…that would actually be called a “buff”. What are you getting at here? Things like these are not allowed

in Engineer

Posted by: JohnDied.3476

JohnDied.3476

Wish they scaled with toughness or vit. Even after this patch turrets are made out of cardboard with metallic paint on them :/

in Engineer

Posted by: Sephollos.4829

Sephollos.4829

One thing I noticed is that in lower level zones turrets actually aren’t half bad. I was doing AC earlier and, while they weren’t doing amazing damage, they were hitting for about 1/10 or a little less compared to my rifle damage…with 3 of them out that is a decent amount of damage, even though you have no utility skills or kits at all then. But in higher level zones it seems to be much less than that. Now that said, anywhere you go they don’t have enough health and die in like one hit lol.

in Engineer

JohnDied.3476

Oddly enough we also wield the best weapons against those toasters, aoes that are made to hit immobile targests

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

Oddly enough we also wield the best weapons against those toasters, aoes that are made to hit immobile targests

It all makes sense now! Engineers are building their tools using turrets for testing. That’s why the “enemy movement” variable isn’t accounted for! Furthermore, the turrets were never made for actual combat; they are simply for testing purposes! Can’t make them deadly, or else the testing environment would be unsafe.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Engineer

JohnDied.3476

It all makes sense now! Engineers are building their tools using turrets for testing. That’s why the “enemy movement” variable isn’t accounted for! Furthermore, the turrets were never made for actual combat; they are simply for testing purposes! Can’t make them deadly, or else the testing environment would be unsafe.

The two devs who do class balance must be a turreteer and a grenadier/flamethrower. The turreteer goes afk while the other checks out our damage :p

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

The two devs who do class balance must be a turreteer and a grenadier/flamethrower. The turreteer goes afk while the other checks out our damage :p

I was pretty sure one dev worked on eles, warriors, and thiefs and guardians while the other works on engies, necros, rangers, and mes
= different opinions about balanced

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Something that might get missed, as it’s sort of an odd interaction: Turrets do scale with Power, but only if it’s gained from the Explosives trait. Used to have the same interaction with the stats they can use now, too (except for Condition Duration, I think), but now that’s moot.

I seriously agree, though – I like Turrets more than any of the other skills the Engineer has, and have actually dropped back to using my full Turret setup after the patch allowed Condition Damage, Healing Power, Boon and Condition Duration to affect my Turrets.

I think they should scale with all relevant stats, though to a reduced degree (it would be kind of bullkitten for one person to be able to have three extra sources of damage that could take just as much damage as they could, or more, in my opinion, whether they’re immobile or not), and I’d like to be able to pick them up and use them like a Warrior can use a Banner (as a weapon, of course – details are here, if anyone’s interested: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Turrets-as-Kits-Skill-Suggestion-Thread/).