Usefullness of power in condition builds

in Engineer

Posted by: Bacon.1835

Bacon.1835

Q:

I would like to start using condition damage builds on my engineer (elixer gun support, double pistol etc) but before I start buying gear I’d like to know if power plays any significant role for these builds.

If not, what would be the stat priority to look for on gear? I was thinking along the lines of cond/prec/toughness

in Engineer

Posted by: kagemitsu.3657

kagemitsu.3657

A:

Power does nothing for condition damage, but it will increase the raw damage of every attack that causes conditions (Bombs, Pistol Shots, Grenades, what have you). So, in the end, it will result in more damage done.

(class stronger than mine) is OP. (my class) is underpowered. (classes I beat easily) are fine.

in Engineer

Posted by: philidox.7521

philidox.7521

From what I could read on various forums. Power does nothing for condition damage and vice versa. If your looking for power to somehow enhance condition damage then I think it probably wouldn’t be the best thing.

Follow the link below and read what it has to say about condition damage. I think it will help:

http://guildwars2hub.com/guides/basics/attributes-guide

in Engineer

Posted by: Bacon.1835

Bacon.1835

Power does nothing for condition damage, but it will increase the raw damage of every attack that causes conditions (Bombs, Pistol Shots, Grenades, what have you). So, in the end, it will result in more damage done.

So for pve situations would you recommend a Condition/Precision/Power stat priority on gear? Or with the increasing difficulty of fractal runs would a defensive stat be better substituted for power?

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

I use a heavy condition damage p/p build and I recently struggled with lack of power.

Due to ascended items not having both power and condition damage in them at the same time, I lost a whole lot of power and the lack of direct damage on skills was very much noticeable, to the point where I had to change some items around to make up for the loss in power.

So, at least as far as a p/p condition dmg build goes, do not neglect power.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Engineer

Posted by: DesertRose.2031

DesertRose.2031

So for pve situations would you recommend a Condition/Precision/Power stat priority on gear? Or with the increasing difficulty of fractal runs would a defensive stat be better substituted for power?

It depends if you have traits that benefit from critical hits; if not it’s better to go for another stat than Precision.

in Engineer

Posted by: kagemitsu.3657

kagemitsu.3657

It depends if you have traits that benefit from critical hits; if not it’s better to go for another stat than Precision.

Yeah this. If you have effects that trigger when you crit, like the Incendiary Ammo (I think that’s the name) on the explosive trait line or Sigil of Earth on your weapon, then it’s worth investing in precision. Otherwise, don’t make it your top priority when choosing traits/gear.

(class stronger than mine) is OP. (my class) is underpowered. (classes I beat easily) are fine.