in Engineer

Posted by: kakumbien.8047

kakumbien.8047

Start
-Glass Cannon
-Shaped Charge
-Short Fuse
-Thermobaric detonaiton
-Shrapnel (Adept to Grandmaster with 2 sec Cripple ? No ty)
-High Caliber(Need to merge with No scope)
-Soothing Detonation
-Medical Dispersion Field

Deep Breath

-Health Insurance
-Inversion Enzyme
-Stimulant Supplier
-Iron Blooded
-Takedown Round
-Gadgetteer (One of the biggest joke)
-Stabilization Core
-Expert Examination (Meh)
-Mass Momentum (Meh)
-Final Salvo (Biggest Joke)
-Perfectly Weighted(Meh again)

Done..

There are no minor traits in these . As you can see our lots of traits dont have any usege or do not deserve thier tiers. By 8 of these traits are grandmaster tier and we currently have 18 grandmaster tier traits as engineers . As a main engi user i really dont understand how developers can’t see or realize that . Tell me if i am wrong guys . What do you think ?

Bone Horn (Charr Engineer)
Bone Fighter (Minionmaster Necro)
Kakumvale (Conditioner Necro)

Useless Engineer and Scrapper Traits

in Engineer

Posted by: Daralii.8940

Daralii.8940

Er, you really think glass cannon, mass momentum, expert examination, and perfectly weighted are useless?

in Engineer

Posted by: kakumbien.8047

kakumbien.8047

Er, you really think glass cannon, mass momentum, expert examination, and perfectly weighted are useless?

not as good as they must be and i said meh to 3 of them . By the way why perfectly weighted over adaptive armor ? Adaptive armor is so dominant at there even with nerfed version. Cd reduction would be better with perfectly weighted for hammer in my opinion

Bone Horn (Charr Engineer)
Bone Fighter (Minionmaster Necro)
Kakumvale (Conditioner Necro)

in Engineer

Posted by: Bwadark.2519

Bwadark.2519

Maybe for PvP. You should really state which game mode you’re discussing but a lot of these traits have a place. Perhaps they’re not suitable for your builds, playstyle or game-mode of choice.

in Engineer

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

Lol, Glass Cannon, Short Fuse and Shrapnel are all part of the meta condi genadier build. They’re probably among the most used traits in PvE!

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

-Inversion Enzyme

Hey I use this!!!

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Engineer

Posted by: Cures.7451

Cures.7451

i sincerly hope you are joking ^^ (and not too funny)
i guess you take your nonfactor-superbad-build and think all traits you dont use atm are bad? yes?

in Engineer

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

As a main engi user

Tell me if i am wrong guys . What do you think ?

I think you’ve been playing an engineer for a week and are now calling it your main.

You’re very wrong, on a lot of things, pretty much all the traits you mentioned are useful or have a place somewhere.

You listed Glass Cannon, Shaped Charge and Shrapnel as being Meh/Useless, are you even aware of what the current highest DPS’ing build IN GAME uses?

I’d highly recommend you just delete your post, because you’re making a fool out of yourself.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in Engineer

Posted by: Rocknull.2986

Rocknull.2986

Happy thanksgiving everyone! this post is off the hook. finale Salvo no joke! 3 statics.. I can put down 3 statics! still tweaking. is there a theory crafting thread?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

Trust me dude nothing is wrong with mass momentum. It’s because of that trait I have a scrapper build that’s even better than the meta.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

in Engineer

Posted by: Bwadark.2519

Bwadark.2519

Trust me dude nothing is wrong with mass momentum. It’s because of that trait I have a scrapper build that’s even better than the meta.

Bold statement. Care to back it up?

in Engineer

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Friend, some of the traits are far from useless. Including short fuse, I tend to use them when I need them. But you are right many of them can and should be merged.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

Bwadark, yeah you NA or EU?

To clarify what I meant so there’s no misunderstandings:
In duels it will stalemate with the meta as the meta can’t kill it but the meta has a great deal of defenses which would cause the fight to take years before a winner was decided. Where it stands out is that it handles other matchups better imo because of it’s versatility. But yes if you would like me to “back it up” yeah I’m for it. I’m on NA, hit me up in game and we can test it to see if you side with me or the meta.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

in Engineer

Posted by: mov.1246

mov.1246

lol…
glass cannon: used in every max dps build.
shaped carge: same.
short fuse: for bomb builds.
shrapnel: for every condi grenade build.
high caliber: for bomb/hammer builds.
takedown round: for max dps builds.
stabiliziation core: nice for save stomps.
expert extamination: chain cc with thunderclap + rocketcharge.
mass momentum: synergizes well with elixir B, and nice for high toughness builds.
perfecty weighted: for max dps hammer.

dont know whats the problem? there are different traits for different play styles…

in Engineer

Posted by: Anthony.1579

Anthony.1579

For pve, i can see most traits being useless. In PvE you choose your dps, healing, or other build and min max and pick things.

But… in pvp ….i see virtually all the traits have a use, based on builds, counters, and what you are trying to accomplish.

I said this in another thread, but a lot of people don’t tend to like engineer traits and play style because we don’t have OP traits and skills. But we are still strong in our own way.

But yea i think the traits could be update a little. I explosive and firearms boring. They are not really interesting traits, just dps buffs that could probably be more like “passives” part of the rotation. Maybe remove the explosive and fire arms traits and bake them into the pistol grenade bomb flame thrower kits. BUT that would be very OP buff to engineer.

I guess when it comes down to it, when “i” have to choose traits in pve or pvp, i could go more damage or more ultility or more defensive. Alchemy is highly defensive and tools is useful for speed and dodging.

Fire arms and explosives is all damage, so i you want more damage in your build you get those. Scrapper is weird because it offers damage, a lot of utility, and personal toughness. I like scrapper line the most for team play more than solo stuff.

But yea that’s my opinion on traits. I think the dps traits are boring, and the defensive utility and other traits are more interesting.