VS a mesmer

VS a mesmer

in Engineer

Posted by: gesus christ.4820

gesus christ.4820

So, most of the times in pvp, when i lose a fight i just think “If i have done that…” or “If i had that build…”, but that doesn’t happen when the fight was against a mesmer, even when by a miracle i can get them down, they can sill burst me with their downed skills, this is so frustating.

My main problems are, when i play a condition build, it is very hard to get next them or even shoot them in the range, since their range with Greatswaord is better than ours they just stealth and go enough so they can hit me and i can’t hit them, i may get the point for a longer time, but i am still getting down.

When i go the marauder way with static discharge, most of the time the burst misses or they dodge and then stealth and then i am the one who got burst, they got a lot of time on stealth, so even when i am blocking with the tool kit and dodging, there’s still time to burst me.

Here goes the question: How do you react VS a mesmer? Any tip is welcome.
sorry for my poor english.

VS a mesmer

in Engineer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

In 1 vs 1 it is hard to go against a mesmer. With condi i usually target it and then i try to condispam with eg and after this i switch to nades. it is an hard matchup. I use box of nails for crippling and nades to aoe clones but it is quite difficult to win. It is easier if i attack the mesmer…. if i get attacked … it is a lot harder . With maradeur i play hgh with toolkit elixir S elixir U,H ( strange i knwo) . I pop my elixir, go in stealth pop elixir U , rifle 2 toolkit 3 smesh smesh smesh … then rifle 3 5,4 and throw wrench … it works quite well …but it is hard and it works only if I attack the mesmer. If the mesmer attack me quite often i get rekt

VS a mesmer

in Engineer

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Currently you clench your cheeks and pray that they are bad. Same situation if you try and 1v1 ele.

VS a mesmer

in Engineer

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Well, good mesmers were already impossible to beat pre-patch, so now… Go somewhere else, and let your thief take care of him.

Now on to the real advice. If you run Tool Kit, you have better chances. Use Box of Nails (Or Napalm, or probably the damaging zones on the Mortar Kit) to damage the illusions, to cripple (they’ll always try to stay on GS and kite forever), and now to remove the blinds. Counter their burst: keep your finger on your stun breaker when they engage, and immediately dodge/block after you break out of the very predictable Power Block that most mesmers will use during their GS2-MW combo. LoS like your life depends on it. Everything condi is good against them. Everything that hits multiple targets is also a good idea (FT#3 > Rifle#4). Good luck.

VS a mesmer

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

If you are using SD, use analyze on them, the ability itself is instant and will mess up their stealth.

VS a mesmer

in Engineer

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

Stay out of line of sight . It makes clones come melee than destroy them dodge mesmer gs2 rest deal minimal dmg block berzerker phantasm (don’t try blocking enyfing else gs2 is unblockable ) make mesmer fallow you never chase mesmer we lover when ppl fallow us it makes landing our skills so much easyer.

VS a mesmer

in Engineer

Posted by: Nubu.6148

Nubu.6148

If its a good mesmer , well then run .

Nubú -Engie -Asura-
BNF-Bitte nicht füttern-
Smallscale <3 !

VS a mesmer

in Engineer

Posted by: Paolo.1467

Paolo.1467

Well Mesmers are a bit OP by now,they were hard to kill before patch, now is even worst.. However i can tell some tips that might be helpfull

VS Zerk Mesmer (GS/S-X)

- Always (always!) try to dodge mirror blade, sometimes it comes from stelth, sometimes they blink in front of you while casting it.. in that case thats not much to do but in the other cases save your dodge for their GS 2! It hit hard, buff might on them, Vuln on you, and very often they shatter as soon as a clone is generated

- Try do stay close to them, we lack in range pressure and they lose power fron GS AA in close combat (Sword is mainly defensive set for them, just sidestep to avoid their AA)

- Even when close keep moving and spread soft CC on the ground so you have time to react when shatter run to you

- Learn the differnt visual effects of the shatters (now illusionary persona is baseline so look at the mesmer to see what shatter he has activated)

- Protection Injection help a lot in mitigating unexpected daze/stun burst (they can strip protection but that not always happen at 1st shatter)

- If you run condi use condi bomb only after thier main cleaning are used (mantra or clean on heal) we have tons of condi application and they so few slow ways to remove them

- if you run Zerk pay attention at Mirror skill, Force them to use their 2 stunbrake difensively (Decoy and Blink) so CC them but dont unload your burst, only after both or at least 1 of their stunbrake are gone try to brust them (with SD, Jump Shot, Barrage ecc)

- Remember that mesmer has a good in combat mobilty but will never catch an engi that want to disengage, just criple them and run, if they wont reach you with the 1st blink you just need to keep distance and interrupt the line of sight

Hope something may help

VS a mesmer

in Engineer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Mirror blade is unblockable, meaning they’ll save that hard hitting skill for when your gear shield is up.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

VS a mesmer

in Engineer

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Just run lock on and GG stealthlords.

Also, mirror blade on its own isn’t too powerful. Sure, they could burn it on your block to have a shatter ready and waiting for when your shield went down, but they’d be wasting MB for nothing lol.

(edited by SlayerSixx.5763)

VS a mesmer

in Engineer

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

A well played mesmer that knows what hes doing? You lose, it’s pretty much that simple. I was roaming the other day on Engie and every 2nd roaming class i encounter is a mesmer it seems now. That 1200 rng insta-stun is so obnoxious.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

VS a mesmer

in Engineer

SlayerSixx.5763

That’s the thing though. Well played mesmers are veeeeeeeery far and in between. The rest if them are kittenters who end up spamming mantras and crutching on stealth. Personally, I give up. I’m going to run elixir s and join them in the stealth kittenry.

@OP

Woflineer’s juggernaut build works nicely. The pulsing stability makes it nearly impossible to be locked down unless they burn all of their CC in one go. If you decide to run lock on instead of streamlined kits, its kinda GG vs them if you don’t mess up.

(edited by SlayerSixx.5763)

VS a mesmer

in Engineer

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

- Remember that mesmer has a good in combat mobilty but will never catch an engi that want to disengage, just criple them and run, if they wont reach you with the 1st blink you just need to keep distance and interrupt the line of sight

How?

Most roaming mesmers use traveler runes, meaning they have 25% movement speed
+ blink. Traited blink is 1200 range teleport with mere 25 s cooldown (in my honest opinion that cooldown is too short, considering that skill is also a stun break).

You will have trouble out running a mesmer even with rocket boots. And the traited torch skills remove conditions (including cripple).

With perma swiftness + rocketboots + rifle #5 jump to max distance (with rifled barrels trait) it took me previously about 1 minute to out run such mesmer, while throwing grenades backwards (freeze grenade is good but lasts too short time). Now when the rifled barrels trait is gone and swiftness (33% speed boost) is often exchanged for mecha legs (25% speed boost), the mesmer might as well catch the engineer.

I had recently a situation when my warrior was on low health. I tried to outrun a mesmer in WvWvW. My warrior had sword/warhorn + signet of rage + dogged march + warrior’s sprint, meaning that is very close to the maximum mobility warrior build. After 1-2 minutes of running in straight line away from the mesmer, the mesmer was finally able to GS auto attack me down. GG.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

VS a mesmer

in Engineer

Posted by: SuicideFall.3697

SuicideFall.3697

For Pvp your only hope is SD burst. For open field wvw roaming, just kittening run dude.

VS a mesmer

in Engineer

Posted by: Paolo.1467

Paolo.1467

How?

Most roaming mesmers use traveler runes, meaning they have 25% movement speed
+ blink. Traited blink is 1200 range teleport with mere 25 s cooldown (in my honest opinion that cooldown is too short, considering that skill is also a stun break).

You will have trouble out running a mesmer even with rocket boots. And the traited torch skills remove conditions (including cripple).

With perma swiftness + rocketboots + rifle #5 jump to max distance (with rifled barrels trait) it took me previously about 1 minute to out run such mesmer, while throwing grenades backwards (freeze grenade is good but lasts too short time). Now when the rifled barrels trait is gone and swiftness (33% speed boost) is often exchanged for mecha legs (25% speed boost), the mesmer might as well catch the engineer.

I had recently a situation when my warrior was on low health. I tried to outrun a mesmer in WvWvW. My warrior had sword/warhorn + signet of rage + dogged march + warrior’s sprint, meaning that is very close to the maximum mobility warrior build. After 1-2 minutes of running in straight line away from the mesmer, the mesmer was finally able to GS auto attack me down. GG.

The topic is about PvP maps where placing Pistol 5, TK 2, Bomb 5, Mortar 3, GK 4 ecc in a straegic position will allow you to keep distance easily
In wvw ofc is different but still engi have more skill to cripple moviment speed than mesmer so i think that in the long distance engi has good chance to disengage if decide to do it in time (not when is at 20% HP)

VS a mesmer

in Engineer

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

The topic is about PvP maps where placing Pistol 5, TK 2, Bomb 5, Mortar 3, GK 4 ecc in a straegic position will allow you to keep distance easily
In wvw ofc is different but still engi have more skill to cripple moviment speed than mesmer so i think that in the long distance engi has good chance to disengage if decide to do it in time (not when is at 20% HP)

I don’t think pistol/pistol or bomb kit are viable at the top level spvp play at the moment. All the good spvp teams have way too much condition cleanse to make a condition engi viable. It might work on low levels of spvp though.

Right now mesmers are utterly broken in WvWvW roaming. Every single fight I have had today in WvWvW has been against enemy mesmers. I read my combat log extensively and I haven’t seen dmg from any other enemy profession besides mesmers + golems. If some profession starts to represent majority of the player base, the developers should instantly do something about it. There is so much broken about mesmers: mantras (recharging in the background), mantra of distraction + confounding suggestions (needs 15 icd or remove stun), Prismatic understanding (the 100% stealth increase should be removed), chaotic interruption (remove immobilize from it) etc. Right now mesmer simply has way too much burst, long range dps, stuns, utility like boon removal, area stealth, portal, combat mobility, stealth + teleports = escapes, making it a very low risk, very high reward profession. Even the thief was never this bad in terms of low risk, high reward.

The most hilarious fight was: I was roaming alone, outnumbered “buff” on home map. 2 enemy mesmers come to burst me. Roughly 15k dmg in 1 second (against my armor which is 2850 + I have protection injection which triggered), 5 different conditions, including 17 stacks of confusion. 17 stacks of long lasting confusion is a death sentence at low health. Perplexity runes should be simply removed from this game, they promote bad play for any profession.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

VS a mesmer

in Engineer

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Currently you clench your cheeks and pray that they are bad. Same situation if you try and 1v1 ele.

This is how I feel vs every class besides Ranger at the moment. LOL.

Actually playing a lot less engi right now.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

VS a mesmer

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

If you’re playing condi; Check if they have Mantra cleanse or mantra heal, if they don’t have either, you’re good to go. Use dodge at weird moments that you wouldn’t normally use it, stealth and burst them with condis.

If you’re burst, just stealth, burst thin air. You’ve probably hit’em.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

VS a mesmer

in Engineer

Posted by: Zera.8907

Zera.8907

I’ve found flame thrower in my Juggernaut build to help tremendously with killing their clones, they can’t shatter you to oblivion without their clones. The problem is dodging/avoiding that initial burst of mirror blade, GS#3, daze mantra which leads into power block then shatter, aka the wombo combo. Speaking from a Juggernaut Build prospective, if I can get them to blow their Diversion and I’ve avoided their initial burst I can kill them in 3-4 crit hits. I’ve mained a Mesmer since release and I’ve only recently switched to other classes. This patch has made Mesmers burst DPS gods. Things will get toned down eventually but that doesn’t really do anything for the now. I honestly try my best to avoid fighting Mesmers as much as I can right now.

Blackgate: Zera Mithrandir- Reaper| Zera Targaryen-Mes|Zera Naharis – Ranger|

(edited by Zera.8907)

VS a mesmer

in Engineer

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

Mesmer is op right now. If it is a good mesmer your best chance as an engi is to reroll another class or wait for nerfs to balance the class.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

VS a mesmer

in Engineer

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Not joking at all. Pop elixir X, hope you get rampage, and its probably game over for the mesmer.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

VS a mesmer

in Engineer

Posted by: FuZZy.2934

FuZZy.2934

I run a dire condi build focusing on using incendiary powder, blowtorch and incendiary ammo for applying burn. If everything connects the mesmers health will melt away quickly and he will try to run away or stealth. Then it’s just spray and pray with my flamethrower or mortar if he/she is successful in stealthing. I use elexir S and acid bomb to get away if things go bad. If i get suprised by a mesmer while roaming i usually just stealth and run away:P

tl;dr: burning

VS a mesmer

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

Against a good Mesmer it’s insanely hard to even keep up. Against average ones, you can surprise them with the use of Toss Elixir S. Most of my successful attempts come from counter-engaging them mid-setup with the said skill and come out with a Throw Net and all the burst you can put in there. Nade Barrage, Jump Shot, Overcharged Shot and Blunderbuss.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

(edited by MrForz.1953)

VS a mesmer

in Engineer

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

I run a dire condi build focusing on using incendiary powder, blowtorch and incendiary ammo for applying burn. If everything connects the mesmers health will melt away quickly and he will try to run away or stealth. Then it’s just spray and pray with my flamethrower or mortar if he/she is successful in stealthing. I use elexir S and acid bomb to get away if things go bad. If i get suprised by a mesmer while roaming i usually just stealth and run away:P

tl;dr: burning

This is similar to what i run but mesmers just have too much incidental condi clear up their sleeve. And the thing is Menders Purity is bugged atm you only get the 2 condis cleared on the initial use of power return not the last use. I run this with phantasmal disenchanter and it covers enough condi even with Menders Purity being bugged.

As for their burst they can miss it and then sit in stealth summoning phantasms for 10 seconds or more setting up the burst again. And they can rinse and repeat this with PU, 6 seconds from prestige, 6 seconds from decoy, 8 seconds from veil, 10 seconds from mass invis. Even when out of stealth they have those unavoidable blinds, blurred frenzy, stuns, dazes a block or distortion up(with energy on both weapon sets for maximum evading/clone production).

I’ve shelved my mesmer because of how kittened it is roaming in WvW atm. Maybe in sPvP it is more balanced as you cannot contest a point in stealth.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

VS a mesmer

in Engineer

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

elixir s, then burn them on fire till they stunlock you and try to r*pe again. That’s the only way I was able to win halfdecent mesm tbh.

but in pvp there are alot of FOTM mesmers that doesn’t know how to play yet

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

(edited by Hvaran.6327)

VS a mesmer

in Engineer

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

after I played several hundred spvp games to get in tune with the new meta, I did eventually learn the rhythms of the mesmer and I feel much more confident when fighting them.

first you absolutely need at least 1 stun break. when you hear that obnoxious PEEEEW sound check and see how many clones are heading your way. yes you have like 1/10th of second to do that, if many clones…. DODGE! if no clones let it ride.

try to keep the clones all to one side, dont get surrounded and keep destroying them until the mesmer runs out of stealth. my preferred weapon is the flame thrower, usually after burning down like a dozen clones a mesmer appears at 25% who starts running.

FT is also an excellent anti blind weapon because it attacks 5x a second which use up the blinds immediately.

as mentioned before, leading clones over box of nails is great, also acid bomb, accelerated packed turret explosions; anything like that.

you just gotta play 200-300 games to get the hang of it

VS a mesmer

in Engineer

SlayerSixx.5763

^mhm. Always smash the clones and kitten the risk of each burst. Fortunately, engi can take a hit or two before freaking the hell out.