Veteran Giant DPS tests.

Veteran Giant DPS tests.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

The new rage over the Necro forums seem to be using the veteran giant mob that spawns close to the Caer Shadowfain waypoint in Cursed Shore. Their ‘record’ appears to be 22 seconds.

I was curious and tested my Rifle/SD with food and 25 stacks of (major) Bloodlust. 41 seconds.

Then I tried a Might stacking grenade build I had cooked which did not rely on quaffing and throwing elixirs non stop…. and 41 seconds as well.

Funny enough and unrelated to engineers, I grabbed a phantasm build mesmer and stuck at max range…. 41 seconds. It is starting to get creepy.

Veteran Giant DPS tests.

in Engineer

Kanto.1659

P.S. This was a bit of a ‘Hey, try your build and see how you do’ thread. Though it surprised me since I thought my grenade with Might stacking was my most potent one and it ended up scoring the same numbers of the Rifle/SD, albeit Rifle/SD brings nothing to the party where the grenades one had chill, tons of Vuln, poison and etc.

Veteran Giant DPS tests.

in Engineer

Posted by: Legit Prep In.5893

Legit Prep In.5893

Little hint, go for the electrical discharge, 20-30 pts into the tool traits and equip:
- medpack
- rifle turret
- wrench
- personal battering ram

Its like shooting 5 shots at once while the enemy cant do anything, permanently knocked back, rooted, slowed, crippled and the dmg numbers are amazing you will laught at the 41 seconds with that build.
I’m making other players lives miseable in spvp ..they are all dead in a 1vs1.. all! Most are lucky if they can fire more than 2 shots before beeing downed.

Veteran Giant DPS tests.

in Engineer

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

Little hint, go for the electrical discharge

There are not enough facepalms in the world.

The trait is “static discharge” and it’s what “SD” stands for in the OP’s post. Also this is about an enemy that spawns in PvE, which has quite a lot more health than players do.

Veteran Giant DPS tests.

in Engineer

Kanto.1659

Mmyeah, and those three skills are the ones I already have equipped. 41 seconds.

But give it a go, just follow the directions I gave in the first post and let us know how it went.

Veteran Giant DPS tests.

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

I do this kind of dps tests for long time.

Highest DPS with engineer is HGH. I got 32 sec with full condition HGH grenadier.

If necro can do this in 22 sec – yes but this is not aoe.

Veteran Giant DPS tests.

in Engineer

Kanto.1659

Darn impressive, a shame about bleed caps killing condition builds for PvE.

I was actually interesting in how normalized the killing seemed to be. Someone doing it over the necro forums, pre-patch, was also with 40-41 seconds as well. The moment melee weapons are grabbed things go down. Or necros grab an axe at least.

Veteran Giant DPS tests.

in Engineer

Forestnator.6298

Darn impressive, a shame about bleed caps killing condition builds for PvE.

I always pay attention about bleed cap and almost never see them in dungons. Damage is to much spread up to get the cap on any enemie in most cases. Plus, boss do have -50% duration. As long as only one condition player joins a party it seems fine in my experience.

Anyway, you got the strongest bleeds as condition player, so you just overwrite those weak minor bleeds – not much damage lost in case your team got the cap.

Veteran Giant DPS tests.

in Engineer

Kanto.1659

On bosses, yes. Veterans and silvers it happens in seconds depending on the setups. Conditions are so reviled nowadays that it is rare® to find someone willing to play them, which does lower the chances of finding conditionmancers, no matter their class.

Unless playing with a mesmer, which casually tosses 8-10 bleeds despite being a berserker, or a grenadier who tosses 20 bleeds np even in berserker gear.

But as you mention on bosses this seldom to never happens, the 50% halved duration makes sure of it and we could make a point out of saying that bosses are what really matter anyway.

Veteran Giant DPS tests.

in Engineer

Forestnator.6298

Unless playing with a mesmer, which casually tosses 8-10 bleeds despite being a berserker, or a grenadier who tosses 20 bleeds np even in berserker gear.

No in a real fight my experiences are different: You do 8-10 bleeds on your main target but not on every one. Different ppl automaticly spread up their bleeds. I played 2 months full condition engineer and I never felt cut by the cap.

Veteran Giant DPS tests.

in Engineer

Posted by: Petezahut.3068

Petezahut.3068

http://youtu.be/nuomDmeH0T8
fight lasts from 0:06 – 0:32. depends on how you count it you could add an extra second (if you count it from when the health bar starts to move or from when i start to use my skills). i am currently using runes of the eagle, however i would do a lot better if i had runes of the scholar. i also messed up the goggles and the grenade barrage in the beginning so that might shave a couple more seconds off. compared to SD builds this has much lower burst but more sustain.

this pve build is a standard vuln stacking grenade build. 3/1/0/0/3. this build is useable in dungeons and fractals however you will need to switch out the utilities depending on the situation. ie tool kit for the block when skipping mobs or elixir gun so that you can disengage in the ascalonian fractal without loss of dps or elixir r for the rez field. another note is that bomb kit auto does more dps than nades. zerker engi has been nerfed a lot since release this build had more burst potential when kit refinement gave an extra grenade barrage and nades had the pve -30% dmg reduction.

tl;dr 26 second giant kill
3/1/0/0/3 – rifle/grenade kit/utility goggles/elixir u
explosives- incin powder/shrapnel. explosive powder and grenadier
firearms- precise sights
tools- speedy gadgets and scope. the last trait is flexible; you can opt for adrenal implant or speedy kits or power wrench for skipping mobs

(edited by Petezahut.3068)

Veteran Giant DPS tests.

in Engineer

Posted by: Um Abbas.5693

Um Abbas.5693

Funnily, I use this mob since ever for my build testing as well.
He’s tough enough, hits had enough, spawns adds, yet not impossible to solo.

Midget Gadget * Branch of Wood
Aurora Glade ~ Army of Forgotten Souls miniguild [AoFS]
http://umabbas.net/

Veteran Giant DPS tests.

in Engineer

Posted by: Thor IV.4621

Thor IV.4621

Kenediar Stark – Kodash – Death Days [DayZ]

Veteran Giant DPS tests.

in Engineer

Posted by: Cherubino XV.2384

Cherubino XV.2384

In the video you need to count the damage from the old kit refinement trait( that have been nerfed) and can’t be used to tell how fast an engie can take it down now.