Viable wvw zerging builds?

in Engineer

Posted by: izzuedotcom.2498

izzuedotcom.2498

Having recently taken am interest in the engineer class and hoping to be useful in a wvw zerg, I was wondering if there are any builds that can make an engineer a useful addition. Thanks in advance

in Engineer

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

The build in my sig is great for zerging. Id probably tweak it just a bit to add HT and change the traits to 10/0/30/30/0

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Engineer

Posted by: Marc of Shadow.1083

Marc of Shadow.1083

in Engineer

Posted by: FreekPalmer.2839

FreekPalmer.2839

i have some in my channel, tanky damage build for commanding. I have tweaked it since then and will be adding more straight after the next patch.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vcAQJAqelUUpdr9ZxyKseNiE6hEefqlIFXml9RBdJXA-zECBofChE1BhKAM1sIaslRFRjVNLy6kYqXCpkBgZMA-w

That’s a tweaked version

Zipp Tinker
https://www.youtube.com/zipptinker
For my latest Videos and Builds

in Engineer

Posted by: izzuedotcom.2498

izzuedotcom.2498

All the builds you guys are submitting involve the bomb kit. So is it safe to assume that bomb kit is our most useful utility in a zerg? If yes, is it better to spec for power bombs or condi bombs? Thanks again

in Engineer

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

All the builds you guys are submitting involve the bomb kit. So is it safe to assume that bomb kit is our most useful utility in a zerg? If yes, is it better to spec for power bombs or condi bombs? Thanks again

Well bombs for frontline, yes. Mostly cus theyre the only real AoE . But you can be a squishy DPSer with nades in the back line to.

Id say power, just because of the absurd amount of condition removal flying around in zergs

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Engineer

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

omg…i will cry now…

my META went out)) almost….

GG, I’m using something very simmilar, for running with guild, zerg or leading.
RAID VIDEO

Enjoy_) I’ll post on my channel 3 gvg videos, in next few days, from my engi perspective if interested just check it out on saturday-sunday)

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

(edited by Hvaran.6327)

in Engineer

Posted by: Switch.4892

Switch.4892

Its actually not an uncommon build. I see plenty of engineers running elixir infused bomb builds on my server which is nice because its very effective when used by two or more engineers. The only sad part is that we don’t get any recognition whatsoever for running healing builds, but we do it anyway.

This is the build I run for guild raids.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vcQQJAqelUUpPrtbx6KseRSMqQnD9w+GWtiUkfL/pgcB-zUCBoNBkaAkoGIJFKLiIjt6qIasqGYKVER1OFFRrOAACgEagUAmpMC-w

in Engineer

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

full healing build is not that good cause anet didn’t made scale of healing power on a good level anywhere on engi including healing bombs so u putting alot in healing power but not getting good responce from your traits or skills.

I was running cleric sometimes aswell, trying, testing it but dropped it due to stats bad useage (when they where increasing scale of healing bombs to healing power i read it worng and udnerstood that it wil lscale as 50% of healing power….so i had big hopes on that…but, nope 15%….)

and in your build, if we talk about organized group of 15+ u just wasted 2 traits by vigor/swifntess combo, there are much more usefull traits u could use for even full healing build.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in Engineer

Posted by: Switch.4892

Switch.4892

full healing build is not that good cause anet didn’t made scale of healing power on a good level anywhere on engi including healing bombs so u putting alot in healing power but not getting good responce from your traits or skills.

My bombs heal for about 400-450 per bomb with this setup. Without any healing power they do something like 250 per bomb. I would say that’s a pretty decent increase and worth the gear sink. My guild runs a heavy melee train so they don’t need another semi-squishy running around amongst the heavies doing mediocre power damage or conditions that are going to get cleared by the eles anyway. I’m not trying to kill anything with this build, but merely trying to keep my allies alive while they do all the killing.

and in your build, if we talk about organized group of 15+ u just wasted 2 traits by vigor/swifntess combo, there are much more usefull traits u could use for even full healing build.

I find the vigor and swiftness to be very useful. Double dodging in invaluable once your if your stability runs out. The other adept alchemy traits don’t suit the purpose of the build.

I’m not saying that your comments are incorrect, just that I have made many tweaks to this build and settled on this setup and have run it successfully on countless raids.