Viper's Substitute

Viper's Substitute

in Engineer

Posted by: branden.1985

branden.1985

Hello GW2 Engineers,

I am wondering if someone could suggest a good armor set for WvW as I do not have the crafting for Viper’s. I am a new player, but I can buy from the TP. Maybe even get it through dungeon tokens as I have quite a few.
(Looking to go with a nice condi build as Pistol/Pistol)

All help/advice is appreciated
Thanks

Viper's Substitute

in Engineer

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

You might want to try Dire. It’s a pure Condi Rune – which works well with P/P, Elixer Gun and Rocket Boots – all good things to have in WvW.

Viper's Substitute

in Engineer

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

I wouldn’t go the dire route, since it doesn’t synergies well with the Firearms traitline. It’s a matter of personal preference though

In WvW, I play Rabid pistols and armor, with trikets mixed between Rabid and Apothecary, and Celestial (I would replace the Celestial by Rabid or Dire, but I’m cheap). The precision allows you to reliably proc Incendiary Powder and the bleeds from the minor trait. Plus, you have a lot of toughness, so you’ll easily beat all the edgy teens playing one-shot thief.

Viper offers condi duration, but you have enough condi duration with Incendiary Powder and food, especially since serious players cleanse your condis before their full duration. It also offers power damage, but pistols have terrible power damage.

This is the build I typically use in WvW roaming, if you are interested:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdQQJAqancoC9dhlcBubBEqiF2iSsjminA8DLxAgO4H+lH-TViHABHp0DgHAwZ6AQb/BmUGUi6PLfCAoUJoFaJIEgi1A-w

If you don’t have HoT, this is my vanilla roaming build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdQQJAqalUUh6rYJXwdLQ7FLsFF4HWiBgYHNFPR4SdRvGA-TViHABHp0b5TAATKDA4BAYhWif3fgSlgnpDoE1fIEgi1A-w

Hope that helps.

Viper's Substitute

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

Precision is only worth for bunker down. IP procs fine with dire since it anyway has a longer cooldown. And the minor bleed trait provides anyway only a very few bleeds due to the short duration.

Imo trailblazer’s plus dire trinkets is best choice for WvW.