WTF rocket boots!!!

WTF rocket boots!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

every time i try to rocket boots off of a borderland garrison, i turn around in mid flight and faceplant on one of the cliffs many ledges.

if there is no ledge underneath me, i go to the edge and turn around in mid flight

i can only fly off the edge when i am still over solid ground when the 2nd half of the animation begins execution (for norn its when the air lines appear and you start a forward somersault)

before this patch i would only occasionally be forced to say “WTF rocket boots!!!”, but now i cant get reliable execution off cliffs.

we need a thorough bugfixing pass on this skill. the occasional unintentional backtracking is now reliably reproducible. go rocket boots off the garrison cliff face about 1-500 times, youll get the picture.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

WTF rocket boots!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

could be fun if your garrison just flipped and people are chasing you.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

WTF rocket boots!!!

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

no you just killed doing that, garri is pretty tall and its a lot of fall damage. like maybe but theyll fall into the water and just come back for you while you take 50%+ hp in fall damage.

WTF rocket boots!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: nihasa.5067

nihasa.5067

The same thing happened to me twice on land. RB seem to have some new glitch.

Nihasa The Engineer [WvW] Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

WTF rocket boots!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Rocket boots are glitched at the moment. Sometimes it even starts to go backwards in the middle of an animation. Then you better hope enemy zerg is not following you. ;-)

Maybe the bug is due the lag? The game might have counted your coordinates wrong and thus the sudden change of direction?

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

WTF rocket boots!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

It’s certainly nothing new.

If you hit anything on the flight path, it will deflect you. Sometimes it’s really really hard to see the object(s) you’ve struck.

I still vastly prefer this to other movement/teleport type skills that simply do not function over uneven terrain.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

WTF rocket boots!!!

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

It’s certainly nothing new.

If you hit anything on the flight path, it will deflect you. Sometimes it’s really really hard to see the object(s) you’ve struck.

I still vastly prefer this to other movement/teleport type skills that simply do not function over uneven terrain.

no it isnt.. the difference now is reliable repros. before 9/9 it only kittened you when you needed it most. now you can just cliffdive to make it happen.

WTF rocket boots!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I haven’t been noticing an increase in the frequency of these sudden trajectory alterations in rocket boots, but I guess I’ll keep an eye on it.

I’m fairly certain such things are linked to terrain interactions, but I’ve found it’s a hard thing to reproduce. If it’s happening very consistently off cliff dives, then that could be a sign that something got changed under the hood.

WTF rocket boots!!!

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

I haven’t been noticing an increase in the frequency of these sudden trajectory alterations in rocket boots, but I guess I’ll keep an eye on it.

I’m fairly certain such things are linked to terrain interactions, but I’ve found it’s a hard thing to reproduce. If it’s happening very consistently off cliff dives, then that could be a sign that something got changed under the hood.

do you primarily use speedy kits? it feels like i have less trouble with swiftness than with power shoes. but i definitely havent noticed an increase on flat terrain. only when jumping off something, usually something high enough to give fall damage.