Wanna go for a new build...but SHOULD I?!

in Engineer

Posted by: FiftyTwoBears.5482

FiftyTwoBears.5482

So I’m running a pure Glass Cannon Build right now. All Power, Crit Dmg, and Precision.

I’m very tempted to switch to a TankCat build, or some kind of variation of it. Or even experiment.

But since it seems like we’re going to have an update soon…(anybody have the word on when a huge update is coming?) I’m a bit wary about wasting my money and time on building a build when ArenaNet is probably going to nerf it. What do you guys think?

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I think arenanet will continue to slap nerfs around as theyve been doing since launch. Untill Arenanet understands their mistake and changes their approach to the Engineer, dont expect much.

So, yah. It wouldnt be the first time, and i doubt it would be the last.

in Engineer

FiftyTwoBears.5482

welp…might as well just stick with glass cannon build then….i have a sinking feeling they’re going to nerf TankCat build soon….

in Engineer

Posted by: Taaveti.3056

Taaveti.3056

Definitely not, I am running the same glass cannon build. I finished the exotics and runes just in time to receive the nerf hammer to the face… I highly regret it.

I was seriously considering the tankcat build too…. but I will not be made a fool twice lol… this time i am waiting to see what part of engineer they nerf into the ground.

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I had a few spare flame legion tokens lying around and was deciding on trying a different build too and thought of the same thing. I actually went ahead and spend them to try a new build, simply because nerfs and buffs will always come. Plus even though they said january and february updates would be huge, no one ever said it would be huge for engineers.

in Engineer

Posted by: Updayedd.4638

Updayedd.4638

The next “huge update” is going to be the feb patch, but personally i doubt that they are going to nerf the TankCat build. Apart from static discharge i dont think that there is anything left worth nerfing.

I just bought myself a full condi dmg/toughness/precision set, because running around with a sd build for 3 months got me bored. And even though its not competitive (just my opinion) it still makes fun, so just do what makes you happy
And besides that, who needs money anyway?

Updayedd – Engineer Lvl 80
“I stomp my foes with a rallian flag
Rocking Black, Red and Gold I got that european swag”

(edited by Updayedd.4638)

in Engineer

FiftyTwoBears.5482

The next “huge update” is going to be the feb patch, but personally i doubt that they are going to nerf the TankCat build. Apart from static discharge i dont think that there is anything left worth nerfing.

I just bought myself a full condi dmg/toughness/precision set, because running around with a sd build for 3 months got me bored. And even though its not competitive (just my opinion) it still makes fun, so just do what makes you happy
And besides that, who needs money anyway?

oh son of a kitten, i just finished my static discharge glass cannon build….ajsdf;lajsklfd;jaksl;dfjka;lsdjf kl;aj lk;

in Engineer

Posted by: Updayedd.4638

Updayedd.4638

I never said that Anet is going to nerf Static Discharge, i just said that its the only strong thing left. But if they are going to nerf it without giving us some major dmg / versatility buffs, its clear that they dont want the engineer to be competitive.

Updayedd – Engineer Lvl 80
“I stomp my foes with a rallian flag
Rocking Black, Red and Gold I got that european swag”

in Engineer

FiftyTwoBears.5482

I never said that Anet is going to nerf Static Discharge, i just said that its the only strong thing left. But if they are going to nerf it without giving us some major dmg / versatility buffs, its clear that they dont want the engineer to be competitive.

you’re cray cray

of COURSE they’re gonna nerf it

the buff they give us aren’t going to compensate for the lightning nerf though just like the grenades.

My prediction.

Static Discharge now has 15 second Cooldown.
Static Discharge now bounces one extra time!

It’s a commonly known fact that Engineers can’t be happy, and it has to be kept that way or else the very sanity of the world will be at stake!

in Engineer

Posted by: Walorx.5129

Walorx.5129

If you want a viable build for tpvp, check out my glass build focusing on static discharge/rifle burst. It should be on the 2nd page of the engi forum

Vöz – “Stand in the red circles, they heal you”
YOUTUBE.COM/VOZTACTICS

in Engineer

Posted by: GoZero.9708

GoZero.9708

Not meaning to jack the thread, but I’ve been wanting to get WC on my Engineer but I’m not going to do it with my current Grenades/EG build because just doing dungeons gives me carpel tunnel syndrome. Imagine what the whole world will give me.

I’ll just run Rares and Orbs for this but what do you guys think will work for completing the world? I was thinking my 0/30/0/10/30 PvP SD build with some extra toughness and vitality thrown in would be fine.
Strike that, my current equipment fitted the build just fine.

(edited by GoZero.9708)

in Engineer

Posted by: ikiturso.4026

ikiturso.4026

So I’m running a pure Glass Cannon Build right now. All Power, Crit Dmg, and Precision.

I’m very tempted to switch to a TankCat build, or some kind of variation of it. Or even experiment.

But since it seems like we’re going to have an update soon…(anybody have the word on when a huge update is coming?) I’m a bit wary about wasting my money and time on building a build when ArenaNet is probably going to nerf it. What do you guys think?

I tested alot stuff and zergy zerg seems to be only really affective build in WvW mass battles. (playing this since beta) I’ll wait too patch and what comes with it and plan some kind of tank cat version. fulll power & prec u get alot badges in higer rank servers