Want Healing Bombs back!

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: paladinecho.3024

paladinecho.3024

When I was rocking healing bombs, it did its job very well. They healed for about 400-450 depending on the type of wep I was using and I would hit for about 1.5k. This made for awesome coverage of healing my zerg without this weird new healer type stuff that apparently is extremely ineffective. A blast finisher that heals? With the way things work at the moment, engis are using less blasts than before just to keep themselves alive.

Next that Medical kit thing is an extremely sad joke. So I put on ALL cleric’s gear to find out that Med Blast only heals for around 100 hp a person… An uplevel bare minimum staff elementalist can heal people with a normal attack for a little over 300 HP! The rest of the med kit is just mediocre or not very effective. Throwing bandages doesnt help me out when Im in WvW and I need to heal 5-10 people all at once. Doesn’t help much in PVP either because of its lack of area of effect.

I’d like to see engi with better healing ability. At the moment, even the turret has lost quite a bit of healing factor due to the fact that defense and vitality absolutely suck at the moment as a stat for all classes. The factor that defense and vitality suck is really effecting my engi’s ability to heal with the things that are currently available. *Defense and vitality do not defend against condition damage while condition damage can build to an out of control level within less than 2 seconds.* This added onto the fact I can’t really spam heals in a crowd as much anymore adds to me questioning the need for having FULL CLERICS gear. I was fine with full clerics and even won quite a few one on one fights with it on, but now its not even good to wear within a zerg or anywhere. The amount of healing points added to healing power is just not enough to condone wearing anything outside of beserker or mega condi armor.

Not asking much, just give us some healing bombs back for now.

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: RubberDougie.2750

RubberDougie.2750

+1
Get rid of Explosives —→ Glass Cannon

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: RubberDougie.2750

RubberDougie.2750

I guess we are a minority? :<

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: lokimut.6475

lokimut.6475

+1
With my healing build the med blast heals only for 560 per use.

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: darknanor.6810

darknanor.6810

+1 i want Play my healing bombs T_T

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

+ 1
glass-cannon in its current state is useless.
We never were in the meta, and still perform completely fine in all PvE parts. We don’t need help on that regard, especially not with all the other buffs we got. Just delete glass-cannon and give us healing bombs back.

or, for convenience, do the following (so the traitline-themes keep being persistent)
- delete glass-cannon
- move automated bomb dispenser on glass-cannon’s old place (explosives adept)
- move soothing detonation on automated bomb dispensers’ old place (inventions adept)
- put elixir-infused bombs on soothing detonation’s old place (inventions, master)

Alternatively:
- Delete iron blooded in alchemy
- Put elixir Infused bombs on its place (alchemy grandmaster)

Why iron blooded?
Because there are 11 boons in the game. 3 of them are quickness, aegis & resistance, all of which are very scarcely available, while aegis will not even allow incoming dmg while it’s up. that leaves us with 8 boons that we potentially have permanently on us in zerg. That are potentially 16% dmg-reduction.
This is weaker than the old inventions trait that gave us 20% dmg-reduction when stunned. And that one were an adept tier trait, already considered extremely weak on its own.

For a grandmaster, iron blooded is a very bad and lackluster idea if you ask me, and outshine’d by its competitors by a great margin.
Give us elixir infused bombs instead, and alchemy finally opens itself up for a lot more possible build-options. So far it’s only useful if you pick elixir gun, and/or run some elixirs.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: Ameno.6813

Ameno.6813

I think if they bring back healing bombs it shouldn’t be in the explosives line. It should be in the inventions line that already have a lot of support oriented traits. Replace that silly auto bomb dispenser with healing bombs please.

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

As it stands healing bombs were a hell of a lot better then all the healing traits we now have combined.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: Dayoni.5839

Dayoni.5839

I really miss spamming healing bombs in my cleric set.

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

I never used Elixir-Infused Bombs with any serious intent.

But I’d like the trait back, too.

The class is always greener on the other side.

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Elixir Infused Bombs was good but it was hard to have any meaningful damage in that trait line. While the new Inventions spec doesn’t have the auto attack heal spam I feel that it can result in a stronger Engineer that still provides lots of group healing without giving up all their damage.

If one of you EIB fans have real heal-per-second and damage-per-second numbers of your old builds I would be very interested to compare it to a build now that goes into Explosives and Inventions with Mortar. My feeling is that it will take a lot more than spamming auto attack but you could get similar healing with far more damage.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

+1000000000, I asked for this the day the patch hit… Was very upset that we lost healing bombs.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

What if instead of blast finishers healing, combo fields of ours would instead pulse healing to allies within them?

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: Depths.4051

Depths.4051

I was a little sad to see healing bombs go, but tbh i actually prefer that they made the changes they did. Our heals are much more effective and we still have a good amount of healing options. healing bombs pigeon holed you into spamming bombs and nothing else, but now you’re actual heals are far more effective and you can use other skills in a fight and have more options as a healer. I like the changes and don’t feel overly sad to see my main source of healing before patch gone with what we got in exchange.

p.s. med kit #1 skill sucks horribly… how did they think this could possibly be viable x_x

(edited by Depths.4051)

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: Bubby.6475

Bubby.6475

healing bombs were never really good imho. Most attacks tick more than what you’d heal even attacks from a full tank build…

As I see it, med kit is definitely supposed to be the replacement, but in its’ current state needs a number tweak to be at least on par with healing bombs pre patch.

I also feel like they could change how the secondary part from 1 on med kit works. It really pidgeon holes us to heal guardians/eles/lyssa rune users.

Another thing, I really hate the idea of med kits’ pick ups. It feels unimpactful if you’re trying to save your ally. Change 2-5 to cones/aura/square aoe/triangle or any shape aoe/ literally anything else.

in the mean time, just use HT, EG5 and MK5 to save lives.

FFWC forum moderators. :)

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: paladinecho.3024

paladinecho.3024

Another fun fact about healing bombs is to use the speed elixir. Do that with the healing trait maxed and you are hitting for around 2k plus healing your allies for just under 450 per bomb when trait is fully charged (While healing the group to near full without water field). That healing blast cannot keep up with that dual ability to heal and kill all at once. You can’t heal the enemy to death with Healing Blast. Also looking for more explosive radius too. That one came in handy.

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: NiBlack.3149

NiBlack.3149

I am also missing. Just even scrapped my cleric armor, because it was useless in current state of healing.

As I am always saying. I could trade EIB for first trait draft that they provided (blast on healing skill, healing on blast, and MDF). Unfortunately they cut blast on healing skill, healing on blast heals pitifully, and MDF is the saddest joke that I ever seen (Elementalist have better GM minor in water).

So I want my EIB back (just scrap MDF entirely, or scrap GM minor and move there MDF – it would still be quite sad skill).

And about whine that it would be GM skill only usable with specific kit. We have these.
Shrapnel is only usable on granade kit (also grenades are better at using every proc)

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

+1, add it to something we already have. I really miss this trait, big times!

my doc. Ziggy is very very unhappy about this( don’t let him be so sad, plox(

Attachments:

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

(edited by Xyonon.3987)

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: Hoshinohi.1896

Hoshinohi.1896

so to tell u something u may not have noticed so far

The Medkit 1 Skill doesn’t heal for about 100 only like the basehealing tells actually it is 3 times 100 as the skill is performed it will give 3 times the amount of the base healing.

Beside of that fact yes it is no real healingskill. Healing bombs had a big advantage in doing damage arround while healing friendly targets.

the biggest disadvantage of Medikits is that the Medipacks have to be thrown that was terrible before allready as it took way too long biggest disadvantage for selfuse too as u have to aim a bit before u.

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: Tsyras.5274

Tsyras.5274

+1

I also want Cloaking Device back. Not sure why that was removed either.

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Elixir Infused Bombs was good but it was hard to have any meaningful damage in that trait line. While the new Inventions spec doesn’t have the auto attack heal spam I feel that it can result in a stronger Engineer that still provides lots of group healing without giving up all their damage.

If one of you EIB fans have real heal-per-second and damage-per-second numbers of your old builds I would be very interested to compare it to a build now that goes into Explosives and Inventions with Mortar. My feeling is that it will take a lot more than spamming auto attack but you could get similar healing with far more damage.

Well it wasn’t intended to put out damage, but it was great for WvW, front line engineers.

I was Healing AoE 267 per second or less, with 173 on self from backpack regenerator, with bomb auto attack around 825ish, and a 50% crit chance (well it was actually like 48.85) so half my bombs auto attacks, stayed in the 1400 damage range. This was in full, ascended celestial armor.

Mix in a rocket kick, and slick shoes to knock everyone on their tail in your area, and it was a spectacular support and CC build, that had so/so damage as a bonus but very extremely survivable.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: NineLives.8725

NineLives.8725

Cleric Healing Bombs was one of the most reliable build I played in PvP/WvW. I am also missing it a lot. I can’t see any comparable build which can provide a basis of about 60k aoe damage per minute + 30k aoe heal per minute …
You could complete it with elixir pistol, regen, water-blasts HT to make it significant. Now we have better complements but no more basis to make this improvements reliables. Healing power multiplicators on engineer are back to their no interrest levels of about 2 years ago.

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

If mortar #1 was a blast finisher, Soothing Detonation would be close to exilir infused bombs ><.

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

I never played much Healing Bomb but how does bunker down compare in healing?

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

coglin.1867

I never played much Healing Bomb but how does bunker down compare in healing?

Healing bombs healed 270 AoE on average per second. Bunker down has a chance to proc every 2 seconds and only heals one person at about 700 (basing my numbers on myself in full ascended celestial gear)

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: NiBlack.3149

NiBlack.3149

Bunker down have chance to proc on critical hit dealt and received (I don’t know how ICD work then, but something telling me it have separate CD). It is good trait but it has it issues. To get bandage you need to go step forward, for enemy to trigger mine it is often required to go step backwards.

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

coglin.1867

The other issue is that any other friendly player can pick up the med pack, preventing you from receiving it yourself. This makes it difficult in team situations, to be able to count on it for any regularity of self healing.

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: mikoe.6574

mikoe.6574

Engee with bomb kit healing was my bad pug group build. I could get most group though fractals or the easy dungeons using this build. Not much for dps, that was the sacrifice for keeping group alive. Sad to see it go.

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Toolbox.9375

Wee bit of necromancy, there, but the Elixir-Infused Bombs trait is WORTH IT. I want it back so much, I can barely play Team Doctor without it. Its absence is one of the few reasons I’m contemplating Elementalist over Engineer, just to be able to cover healing when needed.

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: Etaoin.4362

Etaoin.4362

After attempting to adapt to the new meta and new traits, I too would like to express my desire for a return of elixir-infused bombs (or at least some new trait that serves as a better replacement).

I mentioned it in another thread a while back, but bunker down simply is not a viable replacement for this skill for a number of reasons, several major ones having already been mentioned repeatedly (e.g. placement, “sharing”, moving to consume). Given the state of engineer sustain (especially versus conditions), we really could use this skill back. I recognize that it is niche but, let us be honest, so is bunker down.

(edited by Etaoin.4362)

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

+1 Please give us healing bombs back!

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: Dusk.4708

Dusk.4708

+1
Delete that useless POS glass cannon trait and replace it w healing bombs, 5% at 90% health does nothing only as an opening attack is it useful whereas the healing bomb is a party’s boon cause of the healing AND dmg that it does in one package BRING IT BACK!

SBI [Hero] Zero the Mechanist

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

+1 my Cele Engi rocked healing bombs

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: Genesis.8572

Genesis.8572

Healing Bombs was fantastic. I built around it. I carried PUGs in dungeons and fractals with it. It made the support engineer fun.

Will Hawkins (Human Guardian)
Feryl Grimsteel (Charr Engineer)
Tarnished Coast

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: Explosia.9164

Explosia.9164

It was probably the only good way to play melee in WvW raids. It was synergizing so well in melee train along with other melee guys healing each other with shouts etc. Now that we have no stability (3 stacks on elixir x is a joke) no way to sustain ourselves or our allies continuosly (medkit is another joke, soothing detonation has too low healing power scaling to be even considered and doesn’t even heal ourselves, medical dispersion field is beyond useless even removing cooldown wouldn’t help it. ) we are pretty much useless in big groups. All we have is healing turret and blast finishers (i wish thermobaric detonation was more reliable) some what decent condition clear on allies, and some good crowd control skills. I would be ok if they gave us something to replace this trait but so far they gave us things that are either irrelevant or completely useless.

(edited by Explosia.9164)

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: Explosia.9164

Explosia.9164

If mortar #1 was a blast finisher, Soothing Detonation would be close to exilir infused bombs ><.

Or it could work with projectile finishers too but gave %50 less hp. It should also heal us aswell not only allies.

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

+1 need them healing bombs

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: shonn.5037

shonn.5037

I want my Healing bombs back also !
i dont even want to play my Engi any more with out the healing bombs too bad engi was a fun class to play , sad things changed and now we dont like things any more.

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Toolbox.9375

I wonder if it’d do any good to show this thread to a dev. X) Definitely, definitely want the trait baaack.

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: villenio.1289

villenio.1289

Oh man i loooved heal bomb eng.

Yes plz plz bring it back haha. I wanna make more fun youtube uploads with heal bomb

Villenio [Dx]

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

Or it could work with projectile finishers too but gave %50 less hp. It should also heal us aswell not only allies.

50% is probably a good number. At level 80 it heals for 340, that is 195 more than Elixir infused bomb at 145, and a 0.2 coefficent instead of 0.15. However, you need to have a field out for it to work, and healing bombs was so weak, it was effectivly just another stack of regen.

Edit:
Looking at it again, if you are running 1382 healing power (primary stat healing power on all acended gear equals 1382), then you get 616 health for each proc of Soothing Detonation. I do not think that is to much if you are running a healing build considering you have to spam your AA and will get downtime from putting out fields.

In comperison, here are other sources of healing when equiped in full 1382 healing power:

• Elixir infued bombs: 352
  • Regeneration: 302
  • Bunker Down: 778
  • Backpack Regen: 186
  • Med kit Auto attack: 118 (354 with all 3 pulses)

This sources can not be applies rapidly, but they work on allies:

• Elixir Shell: 646
  • Super Elixir impact: 1253
  • Super Elixir pulse: 342
  • Cleansing Burst: 3211

In conclusion, our healing output is horrible and you should never build healing power main stat, or at all. Med kits auto attack is the worst offender, it is much slower than bombs, deals no dmg to enemies, have a more difficult area to use, and a healingpower scaling of 0.033! If you went full healing power, you wont even double the healing output, and the base is 73 for each pulse.

(edited by Are.1326)

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

Please healing bombs were a good thing! Give me my frontline engi back

Just remove the new medical stray field trait for the old healing bombs. Its a supid trait because of the internal cooldown and random healing getting pumped out you can never time tis to make a good heal. There is zero play to this. The range and percentage is pittifull as well.

(edited by Pride.1734)

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: Manen.7253

Manen.7253

I think Anet just combine the healing bombs into Bunker Down, too bad it isn’t no longer AOE heading.

But Eng. also get a very long water field with not so long CD and a always Projectile finisher from the new Elite Mortar Kit , so the healing isn’t that bad, just no longer is a no brainer job any more.

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I think Anet just combine the healing bombs into Bunker Down, too bad it isn’t no longer AOE heading.

Was thinking Anet should put Elixir Bombs where Bunker Down is and replace Takedown Round with Bunker Down. Just me though as I think Takedown Round is pretty “meh.”

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Bunker down have chance to proc on critical hit dealt and received (I don’t know how ICD work then, but something telling me it have separate CD). It is good trait but it has it issues. To get bandage you need to go step forward, for enemy to trigger mine it is often required to go step backwards.

I don’t think Bunker down has a ICD.

I played BD with my Elixir Flamethrower build, I keep seeing all these med kits pop up whenever the flame jet hits an enemy.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

I played BD with my Elixir Flamethrower build, I keep seeing all these med kits pop up whenever the flame jet hits an enemy.

It has a 2 sec ICD, if it had 0 then think what a full crit-rate flamethrower build could do…

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Medical Dispersion Field seems to have tried to take over elixir infused bomb’s role and… it has failed horribly.

I don’t think many people would miss it if Elixir infused bombs replaced it again.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

It has a 2 sec ICD, if it had 0 then think what a full crit-rate flamethrower build could do…

It’ll probably do what I saw: Spawn 10492174 medkits on the ground with one flame jet.

But, it might be a bug. I won’t complain.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

I honestly understand why they took away the elixir infused bombs: It was passive healing. It would just make me soooo happy if they would do the following:

• Get rid of the cooldown on Medical Dispersion Fields
  • Let Medical Dispersion Fields also apply to yourself
  • Soothing Detonation works on yourself too
One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

Want Healing Bombs back!

in Engineer

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

I’d rather have the heal bombs back, they gave engi a cool new role to be able to play in some settings in game, I found it really fun to incorporate into different builds that weren’t meta just to throw people off. And it wasn’t passive healing, you had to activate a skill which would then heal you, passive heals is what warrior’s regen signet gives which is healing without using a skill.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!