Want to try out Condition...

in Engineer

Posted by: Perbadedyr.4639

Perbadedyr.4639

Hey out there.

After lvl to 80, find good help on this forum, Special from Xyonon.3987, i have now finish HOT maps, And i have a Okay grib about running my Power Scrapper.
I want to start change to condition so i can do fractal / raid.

My plan was to start use it on HOT map as i know them better now, and when fell okay, Start Fractal, then Raid.

I have a set of Exotic Viper armor in the bank (never use), I have 2 Exotic Viper pistol in the bank (never use).
My Jewel smithy can make they 5 pieces Exotic Viper if i need to.

I have DPS Ascend Jewls (5 pieces)

Back item, is the one from HOT story, I pick berserker stats on it.

I have 300 gold now.

I have 146 Laurels.

I almost have item for Ascend Viper Pistol, Still working on the kitten Dragonite Ore.

I almost have the item for Ascend Armor, Not sure what to make ?
I read about make one kind, change in Mystik forge ?
Was thinking of choosing Berserker stat From Recipe, As i was thinking over time i need 2 set, Berserker and Viper. Any tips ?

Any tips, Help, good advice for me ??
Start Build, Start runes / Sigil ??

TIA.

Kindly.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

I dont know about raids, but fractals can be easily done with zerk stats as well. My fractal lvl is something around 80 now i guess, and i rarely played anything else than zerk. Damage is pretty much the same. Bosses usually melt faster with condi, while trash mobs melt faster in zerk gear. Honestly its no difference at all.

Just check out if you prefer p/p or hammer/rifle. I prefer Hammer, since it makes the fights more dynamic and fun for me. I can react with blocks/reflects to my enemy, while p/p is kinda more about fire & forget/spamming your dmg rotation.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

As I’m sure you’ve figured out since you are already making a bunch of viper’s gear, your goal is to get to 100% bleed/burn duration with your gear, traits, and a sigil of malice.

Your gear should be a combination of sinister and viper’s stats. If you’re interested in raiding I would strongly recommend getting ascended weapons and trinkets. Exotic stats on armor aren’t that big a deal, but the damage on the weapons and the stats on the trinkets are relatively quite important.

Even if you buy every required component, each ascended pistol should only cost you about 90g. This is the best way to spend your gold if you want to switch to a condi build.

For the trinkets, you can get ascended sinister rings and accessories for 10g + bandit crests after doing some LW2 achievements. The Mordrem Loop is an ascended amulet which can select viper’s stats and is “free” – you just have to do the final chapter HoT achievements. It might take you a few days to get all these done, but it’s the only way to get vipers/sinister trinkets outside of raids, and it’s obviously very cheap.

The typical build is to have full ascended armor+weapons in vipers, amulet in vipers, other trinkets in sinister, and backpack in whatever you can get – this gives 99.4% condi duration. Since you are using exotic armor for now, you probably will want one of your accessories to be exotic viper’s. So to sum up you should:

Craft 2 ascended viper’s pistols
Get mordrem loop from HoT achievements
Get 2 ascended sinister rings from LW2 achievements
Get 1 ascended sinister accessory from LW2 achievements
Craft 1 exotic viper’s accessory
Craft 1 ascended backpack with some +condi damage statline

You can build up your viper’s ascended armor from raid/fotm rewards over time.

Good luck!

in Engineer

Posted by: Perbadedyr.4639

Perbadedyr.4639

Thanks for the info.
Now i know what to start doing to gearing up..
A lot of work ahead of me….

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Wahoooooooo!!
Aww those heartwarming words from you! _

First of all, you really don’t need ascended condi weapons at all. Ascended weapons just give you 5% more stats and POWER damage (weapon damage). Condi engi deals 20% power and 80% condi damage. So 5% of 20% are an unimporant dps increase of 1.25% (and like +0.25% from the 5% higher stats).

You can easily stick to exotic gear as a condi. The trinkets on the other hand, I agree, are important since they increase your stats quite a lot!

Oh and I agree with everything else Dinosaurs.8674 said!

There are plenty of situations in raids where power is better than condi. In the end you can play what you like more tough, they both have about the same dps anyway.

But if you really enjoy the engi and want to master your profession, I recommend to get yourself both, power and condi gear. Take a look at these, that’s your goal:

Power:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncoClYh9ZBubB0ehl3ii+4D+kHsD/w067BnwAA-ThRBwAX3fU+dT9H86AA8AAMrE8xFAgUA8tMC-e

Condi:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqalUUhSsYfWwWLQ7FLpF14dkGFJYJuiHw3TFANAA-TBiHQBlb/hdp0DAnAA9oEkgKD4meA2p+TteAAkCQRlVA-e

• get the Mordrem Loop (ascended necklace) from the HoT story achievments, it has Viper stats
  • if you can (drop or bought from raids), use 1 ascended Viper ring OR accessory

About fotm, better go for power instead of condi. You can do much more as a power Scrapper since you are able to effectively use skills like elixier gun, mines, elixiers or bulwark gyros, sneak gyro, better aoe dps etc. You are way more flexible with it, trust me. But if you are only there for dealing damage, you might aswell go condi. But for the current dailies, bloomhunger and mossman, power is definitly more useful with the reflect and condi cleanse.

If I can help you somehow more, just lemme know!

Wahoooo!
- Ziggy

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

(edited by Xyonon.3987)

in Engineer

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

First of all, you really don’t need ascended condi weapons at all. Ascended weapons just give you 5% more stats and POWER damage (weapon damage). Condi engi deals 20% power and 80% condi damage. So 5% of 20% are an unimporant dps increase of 1.25% (and like +0.25% from the 5% higher stats).

You can easily stick to exotic gear as a condi. The trinkets on the other hand, I agree, are important since they increase your stats quite a lot!

Oh and I agree with everything else Dinosaurs.8674 said!

Yeah the DPS increase isn’t that crazy, the main thing is that it may be difficult to find a group willing to take someone with exotic weapons to a raid. Another thing is that exotic viper inscriptions are actually pretty expensive and you can’t salvage them from your exotic weapons afaik, so you’ll save a decent chunk of money by just crafting ascended right from the start.

Also OP something that I didn’t mention that you may not be aware of is that when crafting ascended viper’s gear, typically instead of crafting it directly people will craft a different weapon/armor and then convert it to viper’s stats in the mystic forge. This bypasses the need to use an insane amount of fulgurite. If you made a full set of viper’s armor/weapons directly, it would cost you 750 fulgurite in addition to the gold costs, which would take weeks (at least) of farming to achieve. For some perspective on how insane this is, it only costs 250 fulgurite to make the HoT legendaries.

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Also OP something that I didn’t mention that you may not be aware of is that when crafting ascended viper’s gear, typically instead of crafting it directly people will craft a different weapon/armor and then convert it to viper’s stats in the mystic forge.

^very important and good advice!

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”