We did it! 150 condi dmg party buff!

in Engineer

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

Pinpoint Distribution: This trait no longer grants condition damage based on precision. This trait will now instead grant up to 150 condition damage to nearby allies.

A couple of months ago, I made a post hoping that engi’s get a party wide unique buff same as empower allies for warriors, and spotter for rangers, etc…and look we did it bois!!!

Obviously not everyone is happy about it, even my post back then had some people saying its worthless overall, i disagree then, i disagree now. This is a start, this small change does not make engi’s meta for pve content, but its a good change and hopefully more to come.

Their will always be people hating on this change; personally i just play through the buffs and the nerfs of every class, and give my opinions in the forums later.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

We’ve been asking for a unique aura for years. While it’s nice to finally have one, it’s a bit sad it took them this long to give one to us.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

J envy.5270

Well engi’s has been the black sheep for years, before HoT they were in league with rangers and necros in tier of uselessness for PvE, the other 2 got a lot of love with the expansion, the engis did not(and so did thief’s).

Although i play all classes, It is sad it took them this long to buff my main class.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05

in Engineer

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

I was wondering how people would react to this. I’m glad so far it’s been positive, especially given what went away to get it.

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Well engi’s has been the black sheep for years, before HoT they were in league with rangers and necros in tier of uselessness for PvE, the other 2 got a lot of love with the expansion, the engis did not(and so did thief’s).

Although i play all classes, It is sad it took them this long to buff my main class.

pre hot engi was meta
whatchu talkin bout

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: Ging.6485

Ging.6485

pre hot engi was meta
whatchu talkin bout

Pre-HoT meta for PVE was dungeon / fractal speed clears with a set meta group. I forget what it was but it was something like a Mesmer and 4 warriors.

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

wow you must have been gone for 3 years

for the couple months pre hot, the part of the pve meta that was fractal 50s was dominated by groups including at least 1 engi for both 5 manning and trioing. the core of those groups was a cleric guard, an engi, an ele, and whatever. we actually needed blinds back then. AND we were nearly top deeps.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I like this change!

in Engineer

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Now if they remove the grandmaster trait that grants burn with crit and make it with straight up hit%, my build is set

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in Engineer

Posted by: LucyFurr.6589

LucyFurr.6589

After a week since patch I’ve noticed a good reception of this trait by the PVE community. I have seen people bring engis specifically on raids because of this buff. I have also seen pugs switch to one engi with a party of full condi meta PUG t4 fractals….basically from what I’ve seen, engis have been positively accepted to the PVE meta since this change thus far. Feelsgoodman

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Very great to hear these news! I suposse I’ll have to learn to play with a party now… XD

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

in Engineer

Posted by: Granada Garuda.8391

Granada Garuda.8391

After a week since patch I’ve noticed a good reception of this trait by the PVE community. I have seen people bring engis specifically on raids because of this buff. I have also seen pugs switch to one engi with a party of full condi meta PUG t4 fractals….basically from what I’ve seen, engis have been positively accepted to the PVE meta since this change thus far. Feelsgoodman

Well the engi condi meta build has been great dps before this patch, it got slightly buffed more so that helped

…but the reason engi’s were not given a spot before was because they did not have a utility that helps overall squad dps, now that they do, there is no excuse to not have an engi for a condi sub group which will increase all condi builds’ overall dps on the raid.

A lot of raid groups follow the trend, given that the condi dps engi is top in some benchmarks people will start to look at engis in a better way since they got a group utility to back the dps…other dps don’t get a spot in raids because people’s mindset are locked on group utility, hopefully future balance patches makes sure every class has a group utility buff or 2 that gives them a spot in raids.

in Engineer

Posted by: HnRkLnXqZ.1870

HnRkLnXqZ.1870

It works, it is a benefit for the group and I do not have to change my build, yet it boosts my damage output. Win Win Win. Also big thanks for that Thread, I totally overread that change in the patchnotes.

dulfy-effect: Knowledge is power. But without fame, you are just a freak.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

Ranger was never in that tier, it always had party buffs which automatically favored it over a necromancer. Spotter and spirits were always there, with spotter itself arguably being the best of the auras now that the meta isn’t exclusively power damage anymore. It’s not as much the ranger getting a lot of love with the druid as the fact that a standard healer druid easliy can incorperated all the core ranger party buffs, while adding Grace of the Land on top if it..

Besides that, engie had its meta moments before HoT.

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

dont forget the bearbows, the real reason rangers were shunned.

in Engineer

J envy.5270

There was a meta for dungeons before Hot lol? I was doing them on a daily basis on lfg and never noticed a meta for ez mode dungeons, as long as people were full Zerk geared everything went smoothly.

I remember there was the 4 war 1 mes grps for cof p1 farming back in the 1st yr of the game but after that it did not matter as long as everyone is geared and not newbs.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05

in Engineer

Posted by: Zaft.8194

Zaft.8194

There was a meta for dungeons before Hot lol? I was doing them on a daily basis on lfg and never noticed a meta for ez mode dungeons, as long as people were full Zerk geared everything went smoothly.

I remember there was the 4 war 1 mes grps for cof p1 farming back in the 1st yr of the game but after that it did not matter as long as everyone is geared and not newbs.

There will always be a meta, no matter how easy the content is. I mean look at raids. Our raids are SIGNIFICANTLY easier than WoW, FFXI, FFXIV, EQ, EQ2, etc, raids, but we still have a meta.

People just like to be efficient is all.

in Engineer

Posted by: Granada Garuda.8391

Granada Garuda.8391

Dungeons having meta was just laughable, that’s probably what he meant. I agree cuz it was all easy except maybe arah p4 for most dungeon vets.

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

There will always be a meta, no matter how easy the content is. I mean look at raids. Our raids are SIGNIFICANTLY easier than WoW, FFXI, FFXIV, EQ, EQ2, etc, raids, but we still have a meta.

People just like to be efficient is all.

What’s funny is GW2 players seem to focus on the meta more than those other games (at least in my experience) which has always made me laugh.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

IMO that’s because in GW2 there is an “anti-meta” player group that truly despises the meta mentality, so they ARE concerned about it and talk against anything similar, which in turn irks the “pro-meta”, and sparks the debate.

In a game where there are only pro-meta and indifferent, the meta rules over all the “challenging content”, and there isn’t any argument. People who don’t like it just flee away, totally powerless.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks