We got nerfed?

We got nerfed?

in Engineer

Posted by: Gizmoitus.7241

Gizmoitus.7241

Oh sorry I didn’t notice. Still ganking just as much as I was before. Still using Elixir S just as I was before, I use it to soak up the noticeable big hits. Stop using it as a get out of jail free heal. We aren’t broken, the sky is not falling. Either learn to play or adapt your build. There are still viable builds. I really hope most of you don’t go through life giving up on everything that gives a little resistance, because you won’t make it very far! Theorycraft , test new builds give everything a shot. It doesn’t hurt you to try, if you ride the flavor of the month train you will continuously be disappointed.

- Gizmoitus -
I haz clown gun!

We got nerfed?

in Engineer

Posted by: Crunkmagnet.3908

Crunkmagnet.3908

Ha, I’m glad to see somebody that thinks so much like myself. May I add you to my in game friends? I enjoy playing with positive players. =P

We got nerfed?

in Engineer

Posted by: Revanik.7263

Revanik.7263

Oh sorry I didn’t notice. Still ganking just as much as I was before. Still using Elixir S just as I was before, I use it to soak up the noticeable big hits. Stop using it as a get out of jail free heal. We aren’t broken, the sky is not falling. Either learn to play or adapt your build. There are still viable builds. I really hope most of you don’t go through life giving up on everything that gives a little resistance, because you won’t make it very far! Theorycraft , test new builds give everything a shot. It doesn’t hurt you to try, if you ride the flavor of the month train you will continuously be disappointed.

My sentiments exactly.

Zhrev – Engineer
Os – NSP

We got nerfed?

in Engineer

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

I found a new viable build post patch. It’s called “a Guardian”.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

We got nerfed?

in Engineer

Posted by: Heiltdo.2891

Heiltdo.2891

I just hope all the people who play this class to win with just 1 build really do stop playing engi, this class has more than meets the eye (pun) and requires way more “thinking”. It is true we are not at the top, and that just makes things better for those mature players looking for a challenge.

And please, Incendiary ammo is not what it used to be, but its now a great trait for everything not grenade, 4s burn with my first crit?, Awesome i say.

(edited by Heiltdo.2891)

We got nerfed?

in Engineer

Posted by: kevkelsar.9507

kevkelsar.9507

And please, Incendiary ammo is not what it used to be, but its now a great trait for everything not grenade, 4s burn with my first crit?, Awesome i say.

Heh, add in some condition duration and/or burn duration using the flamethrower, no problem keeping burning up 100% of the time.

We got nerfed?

in Engineer

Gizmoitus.7241

I found a new viable build post patch. It’s called “a Guardian”.

Lol yeah cause that class is so exciting! Enjoy Larcenous Strike!

- Gizmoitus -
I haz clown gun!

We got nerfed?

in Engineer

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

You must have just started playing.
Given the history of the Engineer patches, that is all Engineers have done since release.
Theorycraft and try new builds each time the patch comes and changes them.
We used to not have Sigils working with Kits or even auto-auto-attacks on our auto-attack. We went from Juggernaught doing one specific thing to it doing something completely different.
We have had popular traits completely redone, pre-nerfs for future buffs and a back and forth on what the actual purpose of the Engineer is.
Sucks to all the ppl that went full out GC because they discovered the Engineer can burst only to be told “no we don’t want you to burst”
Then they switch to full out Cond. Dmg only to be told “hmm we don’t want you to have so much Cond. Pressure”
Thieves can still deliver upwards of 18k instantly in WvW but we get a 50% decrease in Confusion damage, I bet if Thieves got their instagib dmg halved there would be some QQing going on.
For like 9 months now Elixir S has been working the way it is working and yes it is powerful but in the context of the rest of the Engineer skills I think it was just that, a powerful skill that could be used to great use, much like Shadow Refuge.

So I truly admire your attitude and you are 100% right that all ppl can really do is just move on and find something else.
But you also can’t fault the complaints of ppl who have just been having fun and didn’t feel like any aspect of there skills was OP when compared to some of the other skills and abilities they face.
I duel a lot in WvW with all different classes, I have never thought tht Elixir S made me godlike and unbeatable, I more thought, if I wasn’t able to Turtle and Heal I would have died, or I would have died even faster.

We got nerfed?

in Engineer

kevkelsar.9507

Huh, I have been able to dish out upwards of 15k to 16k of burst damage in WvW with my engineer. Any profession has at least one or two builds that can do it against an unprepared or unskilled opponent. It may not be 18k you claim thieves can do, but I’ll take the trade off for the ability to survive longer and more easily avoid a spike.

We got nerfed?

in Engineer

Posted by: Nilix.2170

Nilix.2170

Stop using it as a get out of jail free heal.

What of the Self-Regulating Defenses users who now have to deal with being put in a 3 second condition damage prison when their life falls under 25%?

Mortar Shot is STILL nerfed by 28%
Purity of Purpose

We got nerfed?

in Engineer

Posted by: Kalan.9705

Kalan.9705

Most of the ‘protect the poor delicate devs’ fan boys only hold that ego stroking leet pose until the first patch comes that hits their own build, then they generally disappear never to be heard from again, possibly with a big flouncy tantrum before they go.

We got nerfed?

in Engineer

kevkelsar.9507

What of the Self-Regulating Defenses users who now have to deal with being put in a 3 second condition damage prison when their life falls under 25%?

Bring a condition removal…then use it either immediately before or after Elixir S.

We got nerfed?

in Engineer

Posted by: Revanik.7263

Revanik.7263

Yes. Confusion took a pretty big hit but the engineer still can bring the pain with a multitude of other conditions. I personally play a condition grenade spec and use that kit, the elixir gun and dual pistols and am able to get multiple conditions up (heavy bleed stacks, burning, weakness, vuln, poison) and keep them up all the while watching enemy hp melt as they cannot clear them fast enough ( the exceptions being guardians and elementalists). Kills are easy and I survive fairly well through med kit, elixir gun and dodging at opportune times. Took a lot of different trait testing and armor combinations to get to this point (all the while learning and improving). May sound elitist but really I have no sympathy for the many different QQ threads in our forum as most of them are blown out of proportion. Natural selection will work itself out :p

Zhrev – Engineer
Os – NSP

We got nerfed?

in Engineer

Crunkmagnet.3908

Adjust with more HP or drop the trait. Conditions beat toughness but HP beats conditions. 25% of 15000 vs 25% of 18000 is still almost 1k difference in hp. It may not be a large difference but it can be that small amount that lets you slip away.

We got nerfed?

in Engineer

Crunkmagnet.3908

Most of the ‘protect the poor delicate devs’ fan boys only hold that ego stroking leet pose until the first patch comes that hits their own build, then they generally disappear never to be heard from again, possibly with a big flouncy tantrum before they go.

Nice, inaccurate, generalization there, bud. Applying common sense to game mechanics/changes and adjusting to a changing game doesn’t make somebody a fan-boy. It makes them adaptable and that is a strong trait for anybody to have.

We got nerfed?

in Engineer

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

QFT.

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

We got nerfed?

in Engineer

Gizmoitus.7241

Haha I love how you make assumptions about me, but yet you know nothing about me. Nothing in my post was “protect the poor delicate dev’s”. Yet automatically because i am not cowering under my desk waiting for my ceiling to fall in on top of me i am a fan boy! These “nerfs” did hit my build ha, where is my tantrum? Oh thats right you are throwing it for me! GG

@CriSPeh.8512 – I agree with a lot of what you stated, I solo roam 90% of my time and also duel extensively in WvW. The Confusion nerf hurt yes, but my 7 stacks were hitting for 3700 each tick, I knew that nerf was coming when i can effectively shut someone down for near 10s, either that or blow a condition removal and I will reapply everything in a couple seconds. Try using P/S now with Elixir S, right when you pop out us Static shield. Either you will stun the first melee attack or block all ranged attacks enough time to get your heal off again! By the way I am not really new to Engineer. I had to look at my play time after you said that, which I almost fell out of my chair…. 983 hours played on my Engi O.o

- Gizmoitus -
I haz clown gun!

We got nerfed?

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

Couldn’t have said it better myself, this patch had a few things I disliked but the overall options it has opened up are quite significant for both solo play and team play. So please take the time to learn this stuff, or not I’d rather not get a total nerf because every engineer decided to become good players

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

We got nerfed?

in Engineer

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

Nice, inaccurate, generalization there, bud. Applying common sense to game mechanics/changes and adjusting to a changing game doesn’t make somebody a fan-boy. It makes them adaptable and that is a strong trait for anybody to have.

Inaccurate? No my friend, he is right about one ting: lots of so called players promised to share builds and descriptions on how viable their engineer builds are but never returned. You talk and talk about how adaptable and open-minded you are to any game changes even if that means pointless and outrageous nerfings? Why won’t you share at least 3 viable builds with a proof of them being successful. Or maybe you aren’t playing at all. Whatever you do, please make a point based on facts. This thread is already full of meaningless BS such as “I can do over 9000 with my engineer”.

We got nerfed?

in Engineer

Gizmoitus.7241

Couldn’t have said it better myself, this patch had a few things I disliked but the overall options it has opened up are quite significant for both solo play and team play. So please take the time to learn this stuff, or not I’d rather not get a total nerf because every engineer decided to become good players

Ukune, we can’t give all of our secrets away! hide the precious (Good to see you on here by the way!)

- Gizmoitus -
I haz clown gun!

We got nerfed?

in Engineer

Gizmoitus.7241

Inaccurate? No my friend, he is right about one ting: lots of so called players promised to share builds and descriptions on how viable their engineer builds are but never returned. You talk and talk about how adaptable and open-minded you are to any game changes even if that means pointless and outrageous nerfings? Why won’t you share at least 3 viable builds with a proof of them being successful. Or maybe you aren’t playing at all. Whatever you do, please make a point based on facts.

Lol so I am supposed to share my build, that works well (Ukuni can attest to it he is on my server) because you cant theorycraft, create, and test your own? I put in the work to make my build, and test my build, but yet you feel entitled to my build? Huh sounds like welfare.

- Gizmoitus -
I haz clown gun!

We got nerfed?

in Engineer

Posted by: damny.9342

damny.9342

I really hope most of you don’t go through life giving up on everything that gives a little resistance, because you won’t make it very far!

I think you got that one wrong. People who still play engineers after getting nerfed in almost every single update can by definition not be the kind that gives up as soon as there’s some tiny amount of resistance? Quitting after eight months of getting nerfed into the ground hardly fits your statement, and those people who still complain also evidently haven’t given up yet anyway.

I’ve been doing the same things you’ve been doing, my engineer is my second most played character because I like the idea behind the class. That doesn’t mean I have to be blind to its shortcomings or that I have to ignore that every single other character I play actively is stronger at everything I do. You’re doing this community a severe disservice by equating complaints with inexperience, many of us have been playing engineers for longer than the game has been released.

We got nerfed?

in Engineer

JubeiTM.5763

Good answer. Happy to see common sense still prevails.

We got nerfed?

in Engineer

Gizmoitus.7241

I really hope most of you don’t go through life giving up on everything that gives a little resistance, because you won’t make it very far!

I think you got that one wrong. People who still play engineers after getting nerfed in almost every single update can by definition not be the kind that gives up as soon as there’s some tiny amount of resistance? Quitting after eight months of getting nerfed into the ground hardly fits your statement, and those people who still complain also evidently haven’t given up yet anyway.

I’ve been doing the same things you’ve been doing, my engineer is my second most played character because I like the idea behind the class. That doesn’t mean I have to be blind to its shortcomings or that I have to ignore that every single other character I play actively is stronger at everything I do. You’re doing this community a severe disservice by equating complaints with inexperience, many of us have been playing engineers for longer than the game has been released.

How many of these Engi’s posting about Elixir S nerf are HGH- Nades rerolls? HGH has become the new D/D Ele we all know it. We all know that nerf is coming just from hear the Dev’s voice shudder in the SotG. I am sorry but I don’t agree at all with being nerfed into the ground. I didn’t have problems roaming solo before this patch and I haven’t had problems since. I main Engi, but I also have an 80 Mesmer an 80 Thief. Thief was fun for about 3 weeks instagibbing people then I got bored. Mesmer was my first 80 and I have played him less than the thief. I won’t say Engi is the master of something cause i know its not. That is why i love the class. I have been through all the nerfs since launch day. ( No I didn’t play beta ) But I don’t see the disservice you are talking about. Should I throw up my arms and freak out that now that I can’t heal with Elixir S or should I find a different utility or use Elixir S differently now?

- Gizmoitus -
I haz clown gun!

We got nerfed?

in Engineer

JubeiTM.5763

Lol so I am supposed to share my build, that works well

I stopped reading your non-sense after this. You bring no contribution to these threads besides filling pages, so why do you continue? It was rhetorical, please don’t answer, in stead leave the thread to those who actually have something to say.

We got nerfed?

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Despite what you can say, this patch was a nerf indeed (aimed especially at might stacking condition builds). Even the turret change has got its drawbacks (i used to put it on the ground and making it explode immediatly on a fire field to get area might; if i do that now, i get just half of the healing; if i use the cleansing burst, i’ve got to wait for the water field to end…assuming it stays alive for those seconds; either i lose on healing or might upkeep, basically). The incendiary powder change means i’ll have overall less burning spread across the enemies (that also impact the damage, due to flame jet bonus vs burning foes). The elixir S change is mostly pvp related and now it can be used basically just for stomping purposes; any smart opponent would postpone bursts when they see you using it anyway.
As far as PvE goes, engineer gets constantly nerfed update after update. And often it isn’t even directly its fault: things like the crit food nerf, quickness nerf, elixir s/mist form and similiar were done because other classes were too strong with those.
Even when we have something unique to the class, it gets nerfed to oblivion anyway (hi, Kit Refinement). And all of this while avoiding to address the problems. We’ve been talking for months about how turrets lack survivability, and they’re still the same. Just see this patch, they’ve buffed basically any minion/pet/similar ai controlled companion…but not turrets. Seems like a joke. Seems like they don’t even care.
And it is really getting annoying, especially when i see buffs after buffs for other classes.
(and don’t tell me warriors really needed buffs in PvE)

We got nerfed?

in Engineer

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

I’m usually one of the comlainers myself, and using elixir s to heal is sorely missed, so is the confusion nerf (which was uncessacary but not engi focused), but no engis have not been nerfed. Its still a work in progress.

If Anet wants to push turrets, they need to make them take seriously reduced aor dmg. If they’re out pets, then make them as hard to kill as ranger pets. And make gadgets useful kitten

When they kill hgh (….in hindsight its wayyyyy op if you’ve played against it), they better buff bombs.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

We got nerfed?

in Engineer

Posted by: Makarei.4316

Makarei.4316

be nice is the healing turret also did light resurrection to downed players, as ive noticed the pet for ranger can revive its master.. man i hate that.

after all the efforts to put into playing this game I am starting to just feel its best to uninstall it, wait i have done so already. whats the point of playing a this character after finding nice build of kits to work with then bam, nerfed. I hate turrets as for that simple reason they die too quickly. get one or two lame shots off and there dead and goto wait so long just to set them back up. kinda pointless. since arenanet has given up on this class so have i with the game.

(edited by Makarei.4316)

We got nerfed?

in Engineer

JubeiTM.5763

be nice is the healing turret also did light resurrection to downed players, as ive noticed the pet for ranger can revive its master.. man i hate that.

after all the efforts to put into playing this game I am starting to just feel its best to uninstall it, wait i have done so already. whats the point of playing a this character after finding nice build of kits to work with then bam, nerfed. I hate turrets as for that simple reason they die too quickly. get one or two lame shots off and there dead and goto wait so long just to set them back up. kinda pointless. since arenanet has given up on this class so have i with the game.

Well, you can always check to see if things get better. I’ll stay and fight the windmills for now…