What Food Do You Eat?

What Food Do You Eat?

in Engineer

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

For the following builds:

1. 3-kit Condition Based (Nade, Bomb, E-Gun) w P/S.

I am using Koi Cake but wondering if I should go defensive.
How much real benefit do you find stacking condition duration?

Elixir Infused Bomb Power Rifle Build

2. I am increasing healing power with Mango Ice Cream.

Should I just try to reduce conditions instead?

What Food Do You Eat?

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

The best way to know is to test it yourself. How much defense you need is a personal thing, so buy 1 Bowl of Lemongrass Poultry Soup and give it a whirl. See if you notice a difference and if that difference is beneficial or not. See if it lets you adjust your traits/utilities to be more aggressive.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

What Food Do You Eat?

in Engineer

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

I like using koi cake + toxic focusing crystal so that my incendiary powder burn is up to 7 ticks

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

What Food Do You Eat?

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Still working through my koi cakes on my condi build. Some other popular foods are the mango pies, omnomberry pies, or the endurance regen one (forget the name of it offhand). If nothing else, you can just go for stat foods.

It sounds like your rifle build might be a healing build, in which case the ice cream is good if you’re wanted to put your healing ability to the max. However, I think something like the lemongrass poultry soup would probably be applicable in more situations, especially larger scale battles where you’re trying to support you teammates.

I often don’t even eat food because I’ve just never been conditioned to constantly using consumables. IMO, I feel like you should always consider the consumables just an added bonus and never base your builds off of them. In that sense, you can just go with whatever you think will give you the most added benefit.

I’d prefer WvW without it, but I guess it is nice to have that niche available since you already can’t do it in sPvP.

What Food Do You Eat?

in Engineer

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

Koi Cake is perfect for condi builds, especially if you are aiming for confusion stacks.

I reckon the Candied Dragon Roll (lifesteal on crit) is better for your power build assuming you have precision.

The -Condi Duration stuff is probably next best for PvP, probably best for zerg stuff in particular because survival > everything else.

What Food Do You Eat?

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

+/-40% condi duration is op

… well… 36% is cheap and 100 power / 10% crit in pve cuz dont need defense

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

What Food Do You Eat?

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

I bought thousands of Koi Cake back when it was like 1 gold a stack.

Still working through those. It’s good in WvW for maintaining burning, but it’s also good in PvE for maintaining vulnerability.

I agree with others that when it comes to utility buff, Toxic is best.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

What Food Do You Eat?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

I like using koi cake + toxic focusing crystal so that my incendiary powder burn is up to 7 ticks

This. All other food buffs are inferior if you’re running condis, plain and simple.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

What Food Do You Eat?

in Engineer

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

I run a hybrid build and generally go with Orrian Truffle Steak with Toxic Oil, FWIW.

I will say that the koi cake/pizza and crystal recommendations for pure condi builds are the right way to go though.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

(edited by digitalruse.9085)

What Food Do You Eat?

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

if you’re a condi build and don’t run koi cake/veggie pizza and focusing crystal… well start running those things.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

What Food Do You Eat?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ronin.5038

Ronin.5038

I’ve been using Artisan Maintenance Oil and Super Veggie Pizzas for quite awhile now.
Sure, there’s better options but I’m cheap.

What Food Do You Eat?

in Engineer

Posted by: scimi.3487

scimi.3487

I’m rather cheap by nature, so Koi Cakes work out well pretty well for condi builds.

Omnomberry Ghosts are also pretty good for crit damage builds, but they’re kinda pricey. I like them well enough that I keep them around anyway, but fire flank steak is a cheap alternative that I use for PvE.

When I need a defensive boost, I actually run Saffron Bread over Lemongrass Soup. It’s dirt cheap and adds some damage reduction in addition to the 20% condi reduction.

What Food Do You Eat?

in Engineer

Posted by: Expiatus.4210

Expiatus.4210

Loaf of Saffron Bread aka Anti-Hammer Train Bread
Incoming damage reduced by 20% while stunned, knocked down, or knocked back.
-20% condition duration
+10 Experience from kills.

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

What Food Do You Eat?

in Engineer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

For my direct damage bombnades(30/10/0/0/30, full zerk): Plate of Truffle Steak + Quality Maintenance Oil

For my SD bomb build (10/30/0/0/30): Plate of Truffle Steak + Hardened Sharpening Stone

For my grenadier hybrid build (30/10/0/0/30, rampager/carrion mix in PVE, 30/10/0/20/10 in WvW): Rare Veggie Pizza + Hardened Sharpening Stone.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

What Food Do You Eat?

in Engineer

Posted by: Julius Seizure.4985

Julius Seizure.4985

I have found that Loaf of Saffron Bread is invaluable. Stabilized Armor, Protection Injection, and Saffron Bread provide -77% damage while stunned or knocked, on top of your base armor reduction. Combine this with AR and you have one nasty engineer to deal with.

Even after the nerf to AR, Saffron Bread will stack an additional -20% condition duration. I will probably readjust my runes to Anti Toxin at that point for -94% Condition Duration at 33% hp… what nerf?

What Food Do You Eat?

in Engineer

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

How come people sell Toxic Focusing Crystal’s so cheap on the TP?

They are 24s38c right now, but the materials to craft them (3 Crystalline Dust, 100 Bloodstone Dust, 10 Pristine Toxic Spore Samples) adds up to a total of 88 silver!!

From what I can tell they don’t drop outright either? So are people just unloading excess stock they already crafted, or something else?

Edit: My bad! I see the recipe outputs 5 of them now. All good, move on by, nothing to see here

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

(edited by biofrog.1568)

What Food Do You Eat?

in Engineer

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

I use whatever dungeon potion im in and then truffle steak or candied dragon roll if i feel like i need some sustain. I run berserker 30/30/0/0/10

What Food Do You Eat?

in Engineer

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Spicy chicken with extra frying duration.

What Food Do You Eat?

in Engineer

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

I like Captn Crunch. Just today I had some. It was berry berry.

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

What Food Do You Eat?

in Engineer

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

I had shrimp scampi this evening with a side of jasmine rice. It was delicious

Säïnt