What do my fellow Engis think of Tool Kit?

in Engineer

Posted by: avauntzero.9160

avauntzero.9160

What are your impressions of Tool Kit?

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

it’s the best utility kit in my opinion.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in Engineer

Posted by: Victoitor.2917

Victoitor.2917

It’s great for WvW. I don’t like it for PvE.

Raimundo Faztudo (Human Engineer) – Current WvW
Mr Tauser (Char Warrior) – Current PvE
[CATZ] – HoD

in Engineer

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

20 second cooldown for a 3 second block, 1200 range pull, a bar that hits like a truck, nails to slow down pursuers/mobs, and a toolbelt that boomerangs a wrench with decent DPS while stacking vulnerability… I like it.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Engineer

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I Love the pull, block, and confusion, but the box of nails is so slow it feels like he is pulling the nails out one at a time to throw them. Same goes for the auto attack, first two hits are fine, but it’s like he gets distracted when it’s time for the third hit.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Engineer

Posted by: rashkin.9530

rashkin.9530

Smack and Whack are ok but I think Thwack needs a bit of work.

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

a cast time reduction would bring a tear to my eye. and on box of nails.

#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in Engineer

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

It and bomb kit are my favorite kits, condi or power.

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Engineer

Posted by: Grenix.1576

Grenix.1576

Very good skill. The blocking is perfect defense, Pulling is awsome in both pvp and pve situations and the pry bar is good dmg. Personally i like the shatter nails too, but i guess it isnt all that good..

in Engineer

avauntzero.9160

Thanks all! Keep it comin!

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

-quote-
It’s utility is great, I admit its auto attack has no functionality aside from cleaving through clones or whittling away at stealthed thief’s. But every other skill has its purpose, even if it is a mild one for example Box of Nails has decent synergy with Explosive shot when set on a point because of its poor bleed application and Explosive Shots poor bleed application you combine them and almost have a decent condition. The Box of Nails also is fantastic to lay before you Magnet Pull as well as when kiting several pesky foes/pets because this is one of the few fields in the game that has NO effect circle display. So on most terrain enemies won’t even know there’s a crippling bleeding field in front of them making it invaluable for quick escapes.
The tool belt ability, although seemingly less useful in condition heavy builds is a great way to put on Vulnerability onto foes as a means to cover up your more valuable burns and Poisons. It’s unique projectile path enables you to strike enemies who hide behind obstacles and cleave several opponents across uneven grounds, hell it’s even possible to hit enemies who have fallen into a platform completely below you as the Wrench will stay at the lowest point of its flight path dropping off ledges and striking foes beneath.
In conclusion: All in all the Tool Kit is just defensive enough to take while also added a walloping Pry Bar giving it a very moderate position in most builds as like its name suggest.. It just brings vague tools to every fight, how you utilize them in every situation is up to the Engineers. Tool Kit is easily a staple amongst many popular Hot Join/Tourney Builds where versatility is more important than raw damage increases.

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

in Engineer

avauntzero.9160

Isn’t the cast time on the third strike longer because it hits harder?
I agree with the nails comment about it being too slow.
Overall, I am enjoying tool kit as opposed to other kits.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

if engineer had an elite kit Tool Kit would be it nuff said lol

in Engineer

Posted by: Dolt.2731

Dolt.2731

Only complaint is the casting time on box of nails… stupid ridiculous. Other than that it is an amazing kit.

………………………………………………………………………….. I love killing people with my wrench.

Ebenezer Smee, Ranger SBI

in Engineer

Posted by: Mighty Favazz.1546

Mighty Favazz.1546

1 & 2 are meh, 3-5 are WOW.
I don’t think you can do much more with 1, but reduce cast time or increase effectivity of 2 would bring this kit to the top spot.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

1 & 2 are meh, 3-5 are WOW.
I don’t think you can do much more with 1, but reduce cast time or increase effectivity of 2 would bring this kit to the top spot.

how is 1 meh 7k slaps with auto attack is awesome

in Engineer

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

#2nails+#5pull+#3 confusion is good against ranged in sPvp, but good enemy will interrupt/dodge pull. still, sometimes, in group fight you can sneak up and pull down those #1 autoattack rangers from top levels and then watch their cluelessness. could help against melee, but against melee we have other goodies.

1. shield is great for survival.

in Engineer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I like toolkit, it’s got some great utility, but auto attack has very short range, 3rd hit only hits 1 target (no cleave), and box of nails damage is very poor (although putting it down for the cripple can be useful). Prybar hits like a truck + confusion, shield is amazing for a 3s block on a 20s cd, magnet is good when it works (but it’ll get dodged the vast majority of the time due to the indicators).

Overall I prefer EG > toolkit for utility personally, but that’s by no means saying that toolkit is bad.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Engineer

avauntzero.9160

I have both on my bar. I like them both and they’re pretty complimentary to e/o.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ronin.5038

Ronin.5038

Tried it once when in a dungeon and didn’t like it. Swapped it out for bomb kit after.
It seems to be more of a pvp weapon kit.

in Engineer

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

tool kit is pretty much mandatory if you get immobed locked. magnet is pretty much the setup for most engie spikes – the best ones will cancel cast magnet if they see a person dodging it, and not waste prybar if it fails. I can really only see rocket boots to replace it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Overall it is pretty awesome. It makes for a nice toolbox of utilities you may need on occasion.

#1: Smack-Whack-Thwack: they do alright damage. Not as much as bombs, or traited nades or traited rifle, but it is acceptable. Thwack needs to cleave, and it needs to inflict more vulnerability than it does, and it needs to heal turrets more than just 5% per use.

#2: Box of Nails: This is the weakest move in the set, since its only use is to throw down while trying to run away from enemies in WvW. Otherwise the duration just isn’t long enough to make use of.

#3:Prybar: Pure awesomeness. It hits hard, has strong confusion, hits fast, and is on a low cooldown. In WvW I’ve successfully killed noobs by only using this skill + gear shield + blow torch.

#4: Gear Shield: 3 second block on a 20 second cooldown makes it arguably one of the best duration based blocks in the game.

#5: Magnet: It has a slight delay, but the pull has all sorts of use in the right circumstances. Namely, pulling people off of walls in WvW. Magnet has no projectile, so they don’t see you pulling them from above until it is too late.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Engineer

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

its one of my favorite kits (sorry not really adding much everything I would’ve said has pretty much already been said)

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I love ToolKit. Box o’ Nails needs a quicker cast time but otherwise it’s a great kit. I like the control, not to mention (I think) the lowest cooldown block in the game. And the weapon animations are fun (wrench, magnet, prybar).

Bringing TK and EG offer more utility than most professions have access to across all skills. Hits pretty hard, plus a block, pull, cripple, poison, heal field, blast finisher, stun break, and condition cleanse.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

I’d like to use it in PvE but explosives and elixier gun are just way better in general. Any situations when I could make use of it?

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

I love ToolKit. Box o’ Nails needs a quicker cast time but otherwise it’s a great kit. I like the control, not to mention (I think) the lowest cooldown block in the game. And the weapon animations are fun (wrench, magnet, prybar).

Just to let you know its not the lowest cooldown block in the game its beaten out by warrior offhand sword #4 (Riposte), Warrior mace #2 (Counterblow), Mesmer offhand sword #4 (Illusionary Riposte), Mesmer scepter #2 (Illusionary Counter), and ranger greatsword #4 (counterattack). this all being said gear shield is still and amazing block and many of these blocks will only block one attack (especially if in melee range)

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Just to let you know its not the lowest cooldown block in the game its beaten out by warrior offhand sword #4 (Riposte), Warrior mace #2 (Counterblow), Mesmer offhand sword #4 (Illusionary Riposte), Mesmer scepter #2 (Illusionary Counter), and ranger greatsword #4 (counterattack). this all being said gear shield is still and amazing block and many of these blocks will only block one attack (especially if in melee range)

I’ll admit I wasn’t counting skills like Riposte and Counterattack that only stop 1 attack. Our Gearshield is a full 3s block of everything, which is comparable only by Warrior Shield Stance (30s cd) & Guardian Shield of Wrath (blocks 3 attacks, kitten cd). Ours rocks.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Engineer

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

I’d like to use it in PvE but explosives and elixier gun are just way better in general. Any situations when I could make use of it?

tool kit is excellent for lupicus. you can block all of his attacks. i’ve swapped to it to pull individual ascalonians in the charr fractal because the npcs died and didn’t res when we wiped. take it if you need to block basically. it’s pretty situational in pve but amazing in pvp.

also if you are running static discharge, you should be running tool kit 100% of the time regardless of pve/pvp.

#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!