What gyros should be

What gyros should be

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

…Tidally locked to our character, exactly like the idle-animation from our function-gyro.

So, since that would mean that they always are on our characters position, a few things would need to change in general:

- while off cd, gyros are immune to dmg.
- while off cd, gyros have passive, weaker effects.
- while off cd, gyros orbit our character closly, like function gyro does.
- if activated, gyros move away from our character a bit, become damagable, targetable, but are still tidally locked on this “further away” position, ensuring that they will always strictly follow our movement.
- if they survive their uptime, they move back to their initial position & continue their passive effects while being invulnerable, but go on a 20sec cd (soft-cd)
- if they get killed, they go on 20sec cd’s without performing their passive effects (hard-cd)
- activatting a gyro a second time causes it to blow up with the usual skill & trigger all on death effects preemptively. It then goes on a 20sec cd without performing the passive effects (hard-cd)

Medic gyro:
passive: heals 150 per second for the engi
active: heals 5k initially for the engi & then pulses 300 aoe-heal per second for 10 seconds
TB: stays as as

Bulwark:
passive: reduces incoming direct & condi-dmg for the engineer by 10%
active: aoe absorbs 50% incoming direct & condi-dmg for 10sec
TB: reflecting dome is now also a light-field

Purge:
passive: clears 1 condition for the engineer every 5 seconds
active: aoe-clears 2 conditions every 2 seconds for 10 seconds
TB: The poison field is mobile and play-centric. It applies poison, torment & blind per tick. Renamed into exhaust fumes.

Shredder:
passive: gives all hits from the engineer a 33% chance to apply 5sec of vulnerability
active: whirl-finishes all fields the engineer is moving trough / hits as often as it whirl-finishes for around 100 dmg / each hit causes vulnerability / buffs 2 seconds of fury every 2 seconds / lasts 10 seconds
TB: stays as is

Blast (renamed into Speed Gyro):
passive: grants 5 seconds of swiftness for the engineer every 5 seconds (intentional synergy with vigorous speed (not that heavy armor exploit wouldn’t perma-trigger it already, or adrenal implant being perma-vigor effectively as well…))
active: aoe-buffs 2 seconds of quickness every 2 seconds for 10sec

Sneak:
passive: [see below]
active: aoe-buff stealth for 3 seconds every 2 seconds for 10 seconds (yes, a nerf to the current version, but if you ask me, 45sec stealth on a 50sec overall cd is too good)

[Passive on sneak-gyro]:
Since it’s a elite skill, I’d like it to have some more powerful effect than the others, so I’d give it 1 second of evading all attacks every 5 seconds. Would fit the theme of phase-shifting to become partly invisible. Or just give it aegis for 5seconds every 5seconds.

Alternatively I’d like to give it the following effect:
1st effect: apply reveal for 1 sec every second to the engineer
Yes, you heard right, as long as the passive is up, we can’t stealth, which also means that for us, the sneak-gyro will never buff more than 10sec stealth & if we pick it, it’s active phase is the only time where we can get stealth from any source. Ofc we can still stealth our allies with elixir S & smokefield blasts & if we go down, the passive ends anyways, so we can still get saved by allies. Also, the gyro itself will still stealth our allies for up to 15sec
2nd effect: apply insight for 1 seconds every seconds.
What is insight? An Idea the thief subforum came up with some time ago. Insight allows us to see all targets around us, regardless if stealth’d or not, but they still have the stealth effect on themselves & are invisible for the rest of our allies. So, where is the difference in just giving it permanently pulsing reveal? Well, first off having stealth on you is very important for many traits in the thief’s shadow arts line, and even tho engineers are the thiefs natural hardcounter, balance should never go so far as to letting a class automatically loose if it gets targeted by 1 skill of their hard-counter. If we reveal them, it doesn’t even matter if we engage into combat with them or not. Regardless who their opponent is, he will kill the revealed thief since the thief looses access to his main dmg-option & main-defense mechanic at the same time, effectively stripping him naked, mechanic-wise.
This means, as long as we have insight, we can see & target stealthed targets on any range, so they loose the option to juke us, reposition unpunished or ambush us unnoticed. Still they enjoy all the advantages of being stealthed, in the case of thief this means consi-clears, healing, access to their backstabs, a.s.o.
Still we have the option to reveal them to every time, if our TB skill is off cd, but since a) sneak gyro permanently reveals us during its passive phase and b) the insight buff appears on our buff-bar, thiefs & mesmers are warned that we know where they are and have the possibility of baiting & dodging our reveals.
Ofc, for WvW & PvP this option means that a scrapper can call out stealth’d targets to the group via TS, without revealing them ingame. But since both teams & zergs would have the same option, this levels the field for both parties & makes proper teamwork/communication even more important.

On the other hand, a scrapper can still choose to kill the gyro on the last second of its uptime to let it go on a hard-cd & therefore keep the stealth uptime & option to apply even more stealth to himself from other sources. He just trades the insight uptime for this…

Discuss.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

(edited by Arantheal.7396)

What gyros should be

in Engineer

Posted by: Eccron.7641

Eccron.7641

I think it would be great if the gyros would keep really close until you activate it.

P.S. What gyros is:

Attachments:

What gyros should be

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Overall I can agree. They would be much better this way. You can’t use most of the gyros because of the pathfinding, like stealth gyro when you jump over a cliff or something. Gyros just lack QoL. I would like to have them close to me like funcion gyro too, even if targetable. The passive / active rework is twisted since they then just become fancy signets. But the “stick to char like function gyro” this – yes THIS IS A MUST!

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

What gyros should be

in Engineer

Posted by: Goosekilla.2796

Goosekilla.2796

Good ideas. Your numbers definitely need tweaking to be in line with other similar effects on other classes; the current suggestions are definitely OP. The intent is definitely the right direction for gyros, though.

Hit Monleee – 80 engi
Cubones Mother – 80 mes
Jade Quarry [Uhhh]

What gyros should be

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Yea, I never cared too much about numbers in this idea. It was really just to showcase the general concept.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

What gyros should be

in Engineer

Posted by: Nieguen.6235

Nieguen.6235

Interesting concepts, in every case, we must have a rework… It can’t stay like this currently, it is not an elite spec at all.