What heal skill do u use in wvw?

in Engineer

Posted by: Rannulf.9417

Rannulf.9417

I’m currently using AED but i need something better what is my other best option?

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

healing turret?? water field, condi cleanse, team heal, what do you want more???

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

healing turret?? water field, condi cleanse, team heal, what do you want more???

prolly doesnt “get it” yet
seems to big a huge issue with the skill, new thread every other day

op: dont worry about it bro, just put healing turret on your bar and never take it off and youll “get it” eventually

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: Depths.4051

Depths.4051

AED is at least a viable option now that it Condi cleanses on heal, but ya turret is the absolute best heal available to engineers.

Press the heal skill twice when you activate turret heal for immediate healing field, then press f1 to pop the turret in the field for a water field combo finisher.

in Engineer

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

As others have said, Healing Turret is really powerful (I would argue that it is currently one of the best heal skills in the game across all professions). That doesn’t mean, however, that you should blindly equip it and go on.

Med Kit, for example, can also be very strong. It allows you to trigger on-heal effects whenever you want by equipping or unequipping it (e.g. from runes, or from Enhance Performance trait). It has very strong self-healing capacity (though it has poorer condition removal and no team support compared to healing turret). If you spend lots of points in tools, the cooldown is reduced and also refreshed when below 25% HP. And it allows easy triggering of Speedy Kits. I often prefer Med Kit when roaming for these reasons.

If you’re using an elixir build with traits, Elixir H also makes a lot of sense – though generally not otherwise.

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

in Engineer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

A.e.d.- honestly, this has pulled me out of the fire a lot. Thief tries to get me while roaming, gets me under 50%, pop this, he bursts, I heal and counter. Though it is lengthy…still, it has saved me a good few times.

Med kit-toolbelt skill heals for 5k plus 1.0 healing power. Plus, you can proc enhance performance without wasting a heal. It also comes with the medlits, a 1 condition cleanse and fury plus swiftness on the 5 skill. Downside, need time to set it up.

Elixir H-good in an elixir build…but not much else.

Healing turret- Probably our best heal period. You get healed 2.5k on the deployment, can cleansing burst right at the drop to get another 2.5k heal plus 2 condition cleanse group heal, then you can just pick it for reduced cool down on detonate during cleansing burst to heal some more. Downside, takes some time. I’d say 1.5 seconds to do the full rotation.

Really, all the heals are dependent on what you are doing and what you need. Need to do something you’ll probably die doing, AED. Need to help the group? Healing turret. Have time to prepare against an incoming siege? Med kit. Running elixirs? Elixir H. Least that’s how I see it.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Engineer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I use healing turret always in a party with 4 or more people because of the condi clear and fields.

Less than that I sometimes use Med Kit; good heals if you can create distance and also antidote removing immobilized is quite nice as that is the #1 Engie killer.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Engineer

Posted by: Zuras.5394

Zuras.5394

Hi, I play as a sylvari Engy and I was wondering if Healing seed is better then healing turret?

in Engineer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Hi, I play as a sylvari Engy and I was wondering if Healing seed is better then healing turret?

No. Healing Turret is almost always better. The one time I would consider using Healing Seed is in a ZvZ situation where you already have ample water fields. This is because it effects 10 targets instead of the normal 5.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Engineer

Posted by: Zuras.5394

Zuras.5394

Alright thanks!

in Engineer

Posted by: Mityr.1320

Mityr.1320

Healing turret in almost every part of the game, and if u can land another 2 blasts on it (except the own one) , can heal for ~ 9,2k hp ( ~6,7k hp for your party) + regen

(edited by Mityr.1320)

in Engineer

fluidmonolith.3584

I main engi, so I am not calling for nerfs because engis are OP, but am I the only one who thinks Healing Turret is too good?

Pretty much all other profession heals that affect multiple allies have 30+ second cds.:
-Guardian, Healing breeze, 40 seconds
-Ranger, Healing Spring, 30 seconds
-Necro, Well of Blood, 40 seconds (32 traited)

I think reasonably, healing turret should have probably a 30 sec cd. Overcharge might need to be buffed to remove 3 conditions instead of 2 in this case.

I think this would balance healing turret (IMO, it’s currently too good), and give a more uniform representation of other engi heal skills, rather than everyone taking turret by default for almost every situation. This also gives more thought into using healing turret – do I detonate it for lots of burst healing at the cost of having no healing/condition removal again for 30 seconds? Or do I keep it out because then I can remove 3 conditions again in 15 seconds, plus maintain regeneration?

Maguuma

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

keep in mind that the scaling of healing turret with healing power is mediocre, especially compared to other classes’ low cd healing skills.
Yes, the turret is the only 15sec aoe heal in the game, but that makes it unique.
Balancing should not happen to unify skills to other classes, but to level the capabilities of each class to another.
the healing turret does not destroy this concept at all currently, since all classes have access to highly effective low-cd heals. engi just happens to have a aoe-version of it that only heals 50% of its total amount for the area.
This fact does not impact 1v1’s, but encourages multiple engis to use their healing turrets together for enhanced group-play.

no nerf needed if you ask me.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Mityr.1320

Actualy if im not wrong, the healing turret doesnt scale with healing power at all.

in Engineer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Actualy if im not wrong, the healing turret doesnt scale with healing power at all.

It does. Every single portion of it does.

Not fantastically, but both the placement and overcharge heals scale at 50%.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Engineer

Mityr.1320

I just tested and cleansing burst ( 2520 heal) doesnt scale with healing power, everything else it does.

in Engineer

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

Guyz are you dat lazy for real?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Healing_Turret
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cleansing_Burst

Get rekt.

+50% HP to both.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in Engineer

Posted by: Mork vom Ork.2598

Mork vom Ork.2598

Don’t believe everything you read in tooltips. They also suggested for a long time that turret’s damage would scale with power.

Cleansing Burst (the group heal part) as of now has 0 scaling with healing power, this is also mentioned on the wiki page you linked (under Notes).

Other group heals for comparison:
Healing Spring 1.0
Healing Breeze 1.0
Blood Well 2.0

With a total heal scaling of 0.5 a cooldown of 15 or 20 seconds is more than balanced. If you are under heavy aoe pressure the turret may even blow up before you can overcharge it.

Still loving the smell of Napalm
Bill Kilgore – [BIER] – Seafarer’s Rest random Megaserver

(edited by Mork vom Ork.2598)

in Engineer

fluidmonolith.3584

I am under the impression that the zero healing scaling of cleansing burst is a bug, as mentioned on the wiki, and I do agree that this should be fixed.

I am still not convinced that healing turret is where it should be. It seems like it is meant to be a group support heal, but it is also currently favored in most builds, even those that don’t use it in a supportive manner. In other words, I think it is problematic because it is the best heal for almost all builds (like Warrior Healing Signet, anyone?).

I understand that we have poor condi removal and often take healing turret to help address that concern. So simply nerfing healing turret will have other consequences.

Some of these concerns could be addressed by buffing other heals (or utilities and traits), specifically ones that aren’t very good, like A.E.D. But to get some ideas regarding the state of the healing turret, let me ask everyone this (let’s focus on WvW since that was the OPs intention):
-Where is healing turret used now? (it sounds like “almost everywhere / every build”)?
-Where do you think healing turret should be used?
-If you are currently using healing turret where you think you shouldn’t be using it, what changes would have to be made (either to healing turret, or to other skills/traits) to get you to change heals?

Maguuma

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

-Where is healing turret used now? (it sounds like “almost everywhere / every build”)?
-Where do you think healing turret should be used?
-If you are currently using healing turret where you think you shouldn’t be using it, what changes would have to be made (either to healing turret, or to other skills/traits) to get you to change heals?

-almost all builds with the exception of HGH. Even tho some engis preffer medkit instead, making use of the better control over rune-procs on healing skills.
-everywhere. Why? because it supports the players around you and therefore enhances the dps-uptime of the group (PvE) and provides direly needed water-fields for group-healing (WvW) while having the option to interrupt stomps and skills in general (PvP).
-Where shouldn’t I use it: on HGH builds / what changes need to be made to use other healing skills in general: remove cast-time on AED / remove rng factor on elixir H / increase BA self-heal-amount on Medkit. the Healing turret is fine as it is (fix the zero-healing-power-scaling, tho). Our other healing skills aren’t.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

If you are packing a few blasts you cant go past healing turret. I usually run in a small group so i often drop it for the water field heals to boost our party healing.

I drop big’ol’bomb, then throw down the turret and fire off its water field, use the shields magnetic inversion(big’ol’bomb detonates), blow up the turret and rocket boots away. That is 4 blasts of the water field for the group just from me, throw in a guard mighty blow or 2 and an ele frozen blast or earthquake. U can drag some decent healing out of that turret if you are vocal in vent about placement and triggering. It can really augment the Guards empowers to keep your group powering along.

But yeah depends on build, my HGH Hoelbrak build runs the Elixir for obvious reasons.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

in Engineer

Posted by: MonMalthias.4763

MonMalthias.4763

Healing Turret is the meta heal for a lot of builds because it is:

• Half cast, which is extremely difficult to interrupt. Consider 3/4 for AED; which is a lot higher risk; and 1 second for Med Kit F1, which is pretty high risk but also the highest theoretical HPS when traited for that reason.
  • The important component, Cleansing Burst, is off GCD, which makes comboing easy due to not having to deal with aftercasts
  • It is the only heal with a reliable cleanse. I can’t tell you how important cleanse is to Engineers. For many builds, HT and Transmute is the extent of cleanse; which is 3 per 15 seconds or 1 per 5. That’s not a lot, considering that other classes can hit both a lot higher frequency and a lot higher depth of cleanse.
  • Water Field Leap and Blast. 1k guaranteed, more if running Celestial or some Inventions traits.
  • Regeneration adds another 900.
  • Even the toolbelt is useful.

Where it lacks is in on-heal triggers (15 seconds is hard to align with ICDs) and in HGH builds. But that is not a healing turret problem; it’s a buildcrafting balance decision.

The only nerf that is justifiable for Healing Turret is a slight nerf to cast time from 1/2 cast to 3/4 cast for interruptability reasons. Even so, I would argue that at this time, it is not Healing Turret that is problematic; rather, it is Sigils and Runes that make Engineer a lot stronger than it actually should be.

Iva Malthias – 80 Engineer
Marellune Malthias – 80 Elementalist
Devil’s Dominion [DD] – Yak’s Bend