What is a good base Engi build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Tzozef.9841

Tzozef.9841

I’m a returning player after 2 years. Trying to get back on my Engi and replay old Engi builds I used to run (Non-scrapper)

I feel like a wet-noodle. Not sure if base engi has been nerfed overtime

I’m more focused on WvW, what’s a really good core engi build right now?

in Engineer

Posted by: Sifu.9745

Sifu.9745

Condition only, double pistols are really good for a core spec, probably one of the best non elite specs in the game.

in Engineer

Posted by: Tzozef.9841

Tzozef.9841

Condition only, double pistols are really good for a core spec, probably one of the best non elite specs in the game.

Really? Only that?

What are the traits and rune set, utilities?

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

He may not have seen the WvW part

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: Malhavoc Adhamar.3675

Malhavoc Adhamar.3675

This has been something I’ve run when roaming with one or two people or a small group:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqalUUh+uY7WwWLQ7FL3Fl4B1D5w4I2EfGYC+gBAA-T1hAQBxUJIM2fIaPAAPq8zhq/AgTAg/0TQIgFrBA-w

Can use dire/rabid instead of trailblazers or use vipers if you don’t mind being squishy. I tend to sit in flamethrower while running around to build up the might stacks, then on engaging the target: Incendiary Ammo → Blowtorch → Rocket Kick for a decent few stacks of burning from the get go.

This one:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlUUh+uY5VwdLQ7FLDG1XAketn47UChw4CWDHGA-TFCFABKpkBJlTXpEk99HNEppDAgHAg+q/UwFAgQAjGDA-w

is currently my default zerg build. Offers decent AoE condi cleanses + some healing via mortar 5, EG 5 and Healing Turret. Usually with this build I sit on the back line peppering the main enemy zerg. If you get Orbital Command triggering, use orbital strike on the same area to get a nice chunk of damage that usually downs a few people. Good for bag farming.

in Engineer

Posted by: Silinsar.6298

Silinsar.6298

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlUUhusYfXwdLQ7FLTGUY/SWYFfWBCw46b/ZB-TFyHABCpcAgHAATKB7RJnyXAAV2f4d1f8SHwmhBgRAAzMzMNiIiQKgqUGB-w

For small scale, you can also zerg with it but it will mostly be tagging. You can try to lay some mines and EG4 in the enemy zerg’s path and then pressure with mortar.

It can actually sustain itself quite well (water blast combos, double rocket boots when in trouble) and troll with mines. Double mine is very strong against melees and provides some defense vs thieves trying to gank you. Some will literally instantly blow themselves up when porting to you.

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Turret condi builds basically are fun and easy to do.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!