What is a simple build ?

What is a simple build ?

in Engineer

Posted by: MisterDizzy.4713

MisterDizzy.4713

I’ve had this game since beta/release and only recently came back to it. As such I have no clue what to do or what skills to use. What is a simple and easy to use build for pvp/pve? Right now I’m using Flamethrower, but from what I read it’s not very good?

It seem the game focuses on stacking team buffs and grinding the other teams down instead of spike damage + heals like in GW1 is that true?

Also what should I be doing at end game with my eng? I have no idea what to grind or where to spend my karma or whatever.

Cheers

What is a simple build ?

in Engineer

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

There is a site called metabattle that works in a similar way to GWPvX, that should help you out I guess.

PvE revolves around stacking offensive buffs and killing the enemy before they kill you. You can do the content with any gear and build it just takes longer, that’s why everyone’s trying to go for the highest possible direct dmg output (conditions aren’t considered viable in dungeons unless you’re soloing). There is an expansion coming and Arenanet’s talking about adding harder PvE content, so we’ll see what’ll change.

In PvP you have more variety with various viable direct dmg, condition and bunker/support builds.

(edited by witcher.3197)

What is a simple build ?

in Engineer

Posted by: Animosity.5968

Animosity.5968

There is a site called metabattle that works in a similar way to GWPvX, that should help you out I guess.

PvE revolves around stacking offensive buffs and killing the enemy before they kill you. You can do the content with any gear and build it just takes longer, that’s why everyone’s trying to go for the highest possible direct dmg output (conditions aren’t considered viable in dungeons unless you’re soloing). There is an expansion coming and Arenanet’s talking about adding harder PvE content, so we’ll see what’ll change.

In PvP you have more variety with various viable direct dmg, condition and bunker/support builds.

He said it all. Go to that website and all will be revealed.