What's the point of Adrenal Implant?

in Engineer

Posted by: Even.4687

Even.4687

When I first read about Adrenal Implant I was really excited. 50% faster endurance regeneration! That, in combination with some endurance regen food and some vigor and you’re a dodging machine.

But there’s a 100% endurance regen cap that vigor takes you to right away. So for two adept traits (speedy kits and invigorating speed) you get perma vigor making this grandmaster trait useless.

Does anyone use it? Did Anet have a different vision for vigor for the endurance regen cap when they created this? It seems like a pretty pointless grandmaster trait to me.

in Engineer

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I’ve used it because I took neither of those other traits because I wanted other stuff more, but yeah I think the trait needs a boost or to be lowered…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Rangers have the same trait as an Adept Minor trait. They spend 5 points and get it without having to choose it, we spend 30 and have to blow a Grandmaster on it.

It’s little things like that, that make it seem like they ran short of ideas when it came to us.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kamahl.3621

Kamahl.3621

If you don’t want to blow 2 of your traits on permavigor, you can instead blow 1 trait on semi-perma-vigor while also benefitting from 10% more damage with full endurance.

in Engineer

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Rangers have the same trait as an Adept Minor trait. They spend 5 points and get it without having to choose it, we spend 30 and have to blow a Grandmaster on it.

It’s little things like that, that make it seem like they ran short of ideas when it came to us.

Rangers also have nothing in terms of control compared to engis and same goes for defensive abilities, so there’s also that…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Rangers also have nothing in terms of control compared to engis and same goes for defensive abilities, so there’s also that…

That’s granted, but I still think that should be the 15 point trait for rangers, not 5. That’s quite a bit of reward for dipping into the tree casually.

In any case, going for adrenal implant can be a good choice if you want to go that high in tools. If all you’re looking for is the endurance regen, then you might as well get invigorating speed (assuming you already went 10 into tools). However, you will miss out on enduring damage, which can be good in certain builds, and you’ll also miss out on additional damage on tool belt recharge. The bonuses you get from points in elixirs might not be worth it depending on your build. This also relies on you using kits, which can be very important since that will strongly define your build.

One such build I use with adrenal implant is a cookie-cutter static discharge build: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQFAUl0pqdH5STF17IxoHkuzbG0D7mX/+pAbB-j0xAYrgQUCCRAM5VEN2ibR0Y11YKXioapAiYMA-w

As you can see, there’s no point in me building points into elixirs because I don’t have many boons that I’m attempting to maintain, and the extra vitality will do diddly squat. It’s better that I have the crit damage and toolbelt recharge for more damage output. In this case, adrenal implant helps out because I can build my endurance up faster without having to rely on vigor, meaning I can benefit from enduring damage more often.

The hidden flask from elixirs would also not be that useful because I will either die to fast to gain the benefit from it, or I will be escaping/healing during most of the time those boons are active on me. Not to mention 1 stack of might is not worth the crit damage and cooldown reduction, I already have easy access to fury, I have perma swiftness, and the retaliation will be useless.

I don’t think it’s as relevant for most builds (it’s not that common to go 30 points into tools), but it can be useful. However, scope, power wrench, speedy gadgets, and even kit refinement would be better choices in some scenarios compared to adrenal implant. I just like taking it so that it’s not as punishing when I have to dodge.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Adrenal implant pros:
50% endurance
10% crit damage
-10% toolbelt cooldown -total of 30% at this point
10% damage at full endurance

vs

Invigorating speed:
vigor on swiftness
elixir b at 75% hp
10% boon duration
100 vit=1k hp

in Engineer

Posted by: yanchoy.9176

yanchoy.9176

Speaking of professions with similar traits.

Necromancer: Dhuumfire
Tier: Grandmaster
Source: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dhuumfire

Engineer: Incendiary Powder
Tier: Adept
Source: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Incendiary_Powder

So, yeah, don’t make hasty generalizations.

/Snow white and the 7 dwarfs and their wives

in Engineer

Posted by: PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

It’s useful because you’re not always going to have permanent vigor, which is either only on crit or kit swap. Having passive endurance regen insures that you are constantly regaining it, making it one less thing you have to keep track of.

in Engineer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

When I read this Dhuumfire came to mind :P

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Engineer

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

Trait need to be scrapped nuff said.

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Hey, didn’t say it didn’t seem like they ran out of ideas on that, too. It seems like Dhuumfire’s just them going “Well, they’ve got access to all of these other conditions, why not give them Burning, too?” and trying to figure out somewhere to wedge it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kaseus.2057

Kaseus.2057

Now you’re just making excuses and showing Bias

I use Adrenal implant. It there’s so you arent forced 10 points into alchemy with the need to constantly have vigor active.

10% extra damage + not needing to swap kits every 5 seconds is just great quality of life mid combat

Add a sigil of Superior energy and you’re constantly topped. Matter of fact if you aren’t topped off endurance wise and you still want extra damage you can trait Empowering Adrenaline for 5% extra damage

wow look at that Synergy and customization, who woulda thought

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

When I first read about Adrenal Implant I was really excited. 50% faster endurance regeneration! That, in combination with some endurance regen food and some vigor and you’re a dodging machine.

But there’s a 100% endurance regen cap that vigor takes you to right away. So for two adept traits (speedy kits and invigorating speed) you get perma vigor making this grandmaster trait useless.

Does anyone use it? Did Anet have a different vision for vigor for the endurance regen cap when they created this? It seems like a pretty pointless grandmaster trait to me.

This is how I see it. Adrenal Implant is the trait you take when you want to take protection Injection instead of invigorating speed. Combine Protection Injection with Stabilized Armor and you have good dodging, and mitigation when you get CC’ed.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Imho, as a grandmaster trait, it is quite bad – also due of the trait tree it is located in, since it is basically a defensive trait in a non-defensive tree .
The grandmaster tier should be the one where build-defining traits are located, but i can’t see anything build-defining in having 50% more endurance (outside having made you spend 30 points). I would rather see it as a master major.

in Engineer

Posted by: Karast.1927

Karast.1927

the thing is with tools is both of the grandmaster traits are junk. The lower traits are simply much better, espeically the newer leg mobs, kit refinement, speedy kits, speedy gadgets if your are using a gadget build.

I would really like to either see them scrapped or combined with existing traits.

reactive armor could be added to the gadget trait, and change to give aegis on gadget use rather than on crit, and then moved to grandmaster, with a new trait to replace it.

Our maybe we could get a group stat buff trait like rangers / warriors / others get. Maybe it could be crit damage to match the trait line, or potentially some kind of proc on hit for nearby allies. Maybe SD for everyone.

There are a lot of options out there to play with.

in Engineer

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

Dhuumfire is a grandmaster trait because of the sheer amount of conditions a necromancer can already apply. Engis can apply conditions a lot too but they can’t stack 20 stacks of bleed like a necro can. Engis rely more on burning than a necro does so that’s why it’s an adept trait for us.

in Engineer

Posted by: wolfshirt.8459

wolfshirt.8459

Hey speak for yourself, pal. I love Adrenal Implant.

I dont want to use speedy kits, nor do I want any points in Alchemy for the Vigor.