What the kitten

What the kitten

in Engineer

Posted by: MrThompson.8347

MrThompson.8347

Okay so I love Engineer don’t get me wrong and I played a scrapper a good bit during the last season but I wasn’t good by any means but now that season has ended, all the ridiculously good ones are back in unranked DESTROYING all of my kitten ever no matter what and honestly my only wonder is how the kitten are those boons

I don’t remember being able to hold too many boons topped up yet all the engis I keep running into have full 25 might, and like every boon ever, like, forever

Was that always a thing that I just never saw cause they were hidden in like the legendary tier or was it a recent update that allows that, is it just elixir spam with boon duration? (Even though I already did this a fair bit and didn’t get those results but I read somewhere that cooldowns got reduced making it buffed recently?)

What build does that even? Last boon build I used didn’t get anywhere like that, then again, that was last year during the season when I tried

What the kitten

in Engineer

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

Really? thats weird, the Meta Builds of Engi has not changed at all, and there wasnt a direct buff to boon duration, unless you are going against engineers who use full elixirs and no gyros, that doesnt make sense.

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

What the kitten

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

• perma regen from healing turret
  • 66%ish protection uptime triggered on being cced
  • 60%ish retal, swiftness, and fury uptime triggered by being hit while under 75% hp
  • stability on successful dodge and gyro summon
  • 10-20 might from autoing, short duration

soooo that’s 7 boons youll see most of the time. 4 or 5 of them don’t do a whole lot. watch for the stability and protection mainly.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

What the kitten

in Engineer

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

Strength sigil and hammer auto stacks a lot of might, esp with hgh on top.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

What the kitten

in Engineer

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Do they have rifle?
It could be the perma-quickness boom duration build.

What the kitten

in Engineer

Posted by: MrThompson.8347

MrThompson.8347

Do they have rifle?

They usually have Rifle yea

What the kitten

in Engineer

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Do they have rifle?

They might be running something like this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlcThqrY5Vw+KQ+FLTG1461eRA9cn3Bu4zUABAA-TJBBQBV4BAUxyAA4CA0v9HAA

It aims to keep perma-quickness and a ton of boons while keeping pressure with rifle auto. It does not deal well with pressure, so it usually needs to stealth and run away. Not great on 1v1, but has a burst that hits like a truck and some decent CC to land it.

What the kitten

in Engineer

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

Do they have rifle?

They might be running something like this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlcThqrY5Vw+KQ+FLTG1461eRA9cn3Bu4zUABAA-TJBBQBV4BAUxyAA4CA0v9HAA

It aims to keep perma-quickness and a ton of boons while keeping pressure with rifle auto. It does not deal well with pressure, so it usually needs to stealth and run away. Not great on 1v1, but has a burst that hits like a truck and some decent CC to land it.

Interesting, i did not expect to heard about my build outside of my build posts.

I published in the metabattle now, there is detailed how the build works and what you can do with it.

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scrapper_-_Drunk_Engineer

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

What the kitten

in Engineer

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Chances are if you see a scrapper with 22-25 might they’re just running the meta hammer/egun with leadership runes and been allowed to spam hammer autos in between egun 4/5s. Hammer autos will ramp up might stacks super fast, but they’ll drop off fairly quickly as well as soon as they can no longer land the third auto hits. Usually you’ll see this kind of auto spam when there are minions in a fight, or simply a lot of people on a small point. Scrapper in general tends to fart out a ton of boons though; you can expect ~65+% uptime on fury/swiftness/retal from just a passive trait proc when hit under 75%, as well as 100% uptime on might/regen, extra retal from light aura, decent uptime on stability and protection from traits, and whatever the hell they manage to get from transmute’s condition conversion every 15s.

If they’re not running the normal setup with 1-3 gyros and you see them holding 20+ might regularly without hammer autos, they’re probably running some elixirs, most likely b and c or b and s. Elixirs x and s don’t provide all that much might, but b and c do. B also changes that 65+% uptime on fury/retal/swiftness to 100%, while providing considerable might and on-demand stability, while c provides good regular might and whatever boons you managed to convert from conditions. They could also run u, which provides a lot of quickness as well as additional projectile denial, but you probably won’t see this often and it should be easily identifiable when you do. If you see a scrapper with more elixirs than just s or x you should remember that they’re trading some survivability for damage, and make more of an effort than usual to avoid letting them wail on you in melee or standing in their acid bombs.

Pretty much any scrapper build can also grab a sigil of might or sigil of battle to pick up some free additional might. You can expect any scrapper to be running at least 150% might duration, so those stacks from sigils can ramp up fast, especially in crowded fights with the amount of crits the scrapper will be getting thanks to AoEs and ground hazards like acid bomb and bunker down mines hitting frequently.