What would make a good new weapon?

in Engineer

Posted by: PlayerX.7138

PlayerX.7138

I’ve been thinking about this for quite some time after i’ve been playing my engi for the past few weeks now and personally i think that engi could do well with another Main Hand/Two Handed weapon.

MH/OH pistols are great for Conditions and shield is obviously a good choice for reflect and block

But, We don’t really have a good MH weapon that’s mainly focused around DPS. I know that it shouldn’t bother me much because we have grenade/bomb kit to deal all the DPS we need but still i think Engis should have one more choice of weapon that isn’t a kit

Dagger or Mace would make the most sense lorewise(?) because the class has the Alchemist/Mechanical Engineers(for lack of better phrase) aspect and is kind of based around that. (The Mace, For example could have attacks named “Hammer Whack” or the Dagger could have something like “Screwdriver Toss”, If that makes any sense to you)

I would love to hear if you think this is true or not and which weapon you prefer(if you think this is true of course :P) and i would also love to hear what a dev thinks about this :P

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

I would really like a Hammer. Just…yeah. Hammer.

…I sometimes just look over the skins, with a wistful frown.

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

hammer, horriks heavy cannon (the fractal dude), mace, maybe torch if you stretch it…uhhh and if you bring in asura shenanigans you could add the focus too

in Engineer

Posted by: nihasa.5067

nihasa.5067

Not really a weapon, but I would like some sort of rocket kit. Or a golem suit kit.

Nihasa The Engineer [WvW] Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

in Engineer

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

chainsaw kit!

electric lash kit!

sniper kit!

2h hammer!

pick one.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in Engineer

Posted by: Hattoni.8597

Hattoni.8597

My vote goes for sniper kit! I’d love to see a skill, which makes you unable to move, but you get like +1000 range (or even more), +50% dmg (or even +100%) with some stun or dmg/def/movement speed decrease, 5 (or 10?) sec cd.

I like 2h hammer too, it would fit engineer pretty well. Slow, with many cc/conditions, hard hitting weap.

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

Kits
-Chainsaw Kit
-Demolition Kit
-Portal Gun Kit

+Weapons +
-Dagger
-Rifle Off Hand
-Shield Main Hand

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Crossbow.

Allowing for a power build outside of the scope of the rifle.

Allowing for a power build with the shield or duel crossbows. I would love to be able to run shield and not have my MH weapon be so condition dependent.

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

A cattleprod staff.

Electricity is more of an afterthought for engis i’d love to see it become mainstream.

they could add an AOE stun, lightning affects that we can send out, a shock melee attack, attacks that are melee with occasional stuns to them. I would love to see this as a weapon choice.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Between static shock, static discharge, and static shot, I feel we are already bordering the line of over doing the electrical theme.

in Engineer

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Yeah, but that’s just staticstic.

><

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Engineer

Wolf.5816

Oh man, I didn’t know a Crossbow could be on the table.

+1 for Crossbow.

And definitely let it be One handed so it could be duel wielded/main hand/off handed.

To be honest I wouldn’t care if they just gave every profession the ability to equip a rock as a new weapon. I’m just desperate for new weapon skills to mix this game up!

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Sonic/Lightning Rod, Hammer, Gauntlets.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Engineer

Posted by: haavik.8537

haavik.8537

All of these seem like good ideas to me, I’ve been playing engi since beta weekends and feel like they need something a bit more. Hammer/mace makes a lot of sense to me for this class, dagger I could see. The other kits people have suggested I think would be great additions as well, I’ve thought up of a few unarmed style of weapon kits myself.

I came up with 3 variations: R.P.G. Kit (Rocket Powered Gauntlets; more fire based), Electric Touch Kit (lightning/electric based), and a Watchwork Fist Kit (to keep with the newly introduced watchwork technology/lore). I haven’t posted my full idea yet on the forums, but I’ve thought up of the names and types of attacks (to include the toolbelt skills) and even some possible effects.

I’ve always been attracted to unarmed style combat in games and some of the animations are already present from Elixir X’s rampage effect so it’s not too much of a stretch. But realistically, anything new would be nice, whether it’s weapons or kits.

in Engineer

Posted by: PlayerX.7138

PlayerX.7138

These are some really cool ideas! especially the fist weapons/hammer/new kits

Would be awesome if we had this on engi because it would fit so well with the class and some of these ideas might even be good for other classes too(But Engi still Master Class tho)

Now, Let’s pray for those Fist Weapons, Shall we?

in Engineer

haavik.8537

Sad to not see any more ideas, although I can’t really blame anyone since there hasn’t been any new skills added (other than a new heal skill for each profession) and no mention of any new skills in the near future, especially after it’s been over a year since ANet said they were going to.

in Engineer

Wolf.5816

Trust me you don’t want to get me started on my imaginary Engineer additions… There’s simply not enough space on this website.

But like you said, not a lot of incentive for fellow creators to put their schematics out on the field.. As far as I know there hasn’t been very much (any?) input by a developer towards someone’s weapon/Kit/skill concepts.

We can’t help but dream.

in Engineer

haavik.8537

I’m right there with you on needing lots more space for ideas. Dream is what I do. I’m an indie developer and love to see what majestic ideas the playerbase comes up with in tandem with my own desires/ideas. To all the fellow dreamers out there, dream away!

in Engineer

Posted by: LCV.7245

LCV.7245

There’s two melee weapons that I feel could really be used to embody the ideas behind Engi. Those two weapons are Hammer and MH Mace. I could see the Engi doing something like attaching rockets to his Hammer, allowing him to do something like a large leap (and other skills along that thought). In regards to the MH Mace, I could see the Engi using that with a very defensive focus, such as a bunker Engi for PvP.

The Pleb Army | 80 Sylvari Mesmer | 80 Norn Warrior | 80 Asura Ranger | 80 Asura Necromancer |
80 Sylvari Thief | 80 Human Elementalist | 80 Asura Guardian | 80 Asura Engineer |
80 Sylvari Revenant

in Engineer

Posted by: Mantraxx.5183

Mantraxx.5183

Kits
-Portal Gun Kit

This +1000.

in Engineer

Wolf.5816

Kits
-Portal Gun Kit

This +1000.

I was originally thinking of a Gadget called Portable Asura Gate. It could be thrown similar to the Throw Mine Utility skill.

Portable Asura Gate: Toss a beacon that will teleport you to its location after a short delay, Stunning nearby targets for 1 seconds when your warp. Removes Cripple, Chill, and Immobilize.
-1/2 second cast time.
-Cool down: 35
-Skill activation Delay: 4 seconds.
-Stun Breaker
-Stun for 2 seconds.
-Attack Range: 120

Tool Belt Ability: Displacement Field: Surge your Portable Asuran Gate creating field around you that will reflect projectiles and Teleport the attacker to a random location Dazing them for 1/2 second.
-1/2 second cast time.
-Field Duration: 2 seconds
-Teleportation Range: 900
-Daze 1/2 second
-Cool down: 40 seconds.

But I’d love to see this Concept spread into a Kit. There could be so many innovative moves. Perhaps:

Portal Gun Kit concept skills:
(1) Warp Missile: Fires a immensely volatile energy missile that lingers slowly in the air. Greatly Damaging foes who are foolish enough to be struck by them. Successful damage Will also reduce the cool down for the *Gatewave*cast time by 3%.
-Cast time: 1/2
-Projectile delay: 3 second
-Projectile life span:20 seconds.
-Damage:260
-Range: 1,000
-Combo finished :100%
(2) Gatewave: Emits a wave of dimensional energy freezing enemy projectiles caught in its blast while speeding up friendly projectiles. In addition this skill will Triple the speed and damage done from your Warp Missiles.
-Range: 500
-Damage: 180
-Cool down: 17 seconds

(3) Rift Bomb: Releases a small Rift that floats in place and pulses continuously damaging foes every second who come too close while increasing the Duration of Cripple, Chill, and Immobilizing effects on enemies by 10% per hit.
-cast time: 1/2
-Damage: 650
-Rift Duration: 9 seconds.
-Damage Radius:115
————-> Chain Skill Duel Rift Bombs: Release two more immobile Rifts nearby you.
-Rift Duration: 9 seconds.
-Damage Radius:115
-Cool Down: 35 seconds

(4) Dimension Dissolver: Fire a potent bolt attempting to create a Deminsion between your foe immobilizing and swapping locations with them. If the opponent has Stability or Protection it will instead remove it.
-Cast time: 0
-Damage: 160
-Range: 900
-Immobilize duration: 2 seconds.
-Cool Down: 20 Seconds

(5) Portal Pulse: Channel a powerful electromagnetic energy from your Portal Gun opening personal gates for yourself and nearby allies that when stunned, will teleport them to safety. (This ability creates an Area of Effect around you and when an ally or yourself is afflicted with a Crowd Controlling effect they will be teleported to a nearby location instantly)
-Channel time: 3 seconds
-Teleportation range: 600
-Area of Effect: 450
-Combo Field: Lightning _
_-Cool down: 30 seconds.

Tool Belt Ability: Telefront: Stun yourself for 2 seconds removing 2 conditions every second while gravitating all existing Rift Bombs to your location.
-Cast time: 0
-Cool Down: 30 seconds

(edited by Wolf.5816)

in Engineer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

I’dd probably vote for something like hammer. Would like to see some more melee on the engineer. We currently only have Tool kit as a straight up melee attack, but it’s mainly used for utility.

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

in Engineer

haavik.8537

I would vote for anything new to be honest. Would like to see Hammer or even Mace. I am a kit lover though, so I would love to see some new kits. As I said in an earlier post I came up with an unarmed kit idea that has 3 variations, figured I might as well post it here and see what the community thinks of them.

R.P.G. Kit (Rocket Powered Glove Kit: Uses rockets attached to steel gauntlets to benefit from their force and speed)
#1Melee Punch Chain

• Jab
    Light Damage
  • Cross
    Light/Medium Damage and Vulnerability
  • Hook
    Heavy Damage and Confusion/Daze

#2Wrist Rocket
Medium Ranged Projectile
Fire a small rocket exploding on contact

#3Vent the Rockets!
Burn and/or Blind AoE
Vent the exhaust from your R.P.G. in a short radius blinding/burning those caught in the steam

#4Lift Off!
Ground Targeted: Leap Attack
Use the rockets to launch yourself a short distance

#5Boom!
Channel: Knockdown and Cripple AoE
Pound the ground using the explosive force of the rockets causing the ground to become unstable and shake damaging foes and making it difficult to stand

ToolbeltLight ’Em Up!
Your weapon/s are covered in rocket fuel, igniting them causing your attacks to burn your foes

OR

ToolbeltKa-Boom!
Your weapon/s have rockets attached to them causing your attacks to damage multiple foes from the explosions

E.C.G Kit (Electrically Charged Gauntlet Kit: Uses an electric core on a set of insulated steel gauntlets)
#1Melee Punch Chain

• Jab
    Light Damage
  • Cross
    Light/Medium Damage and Vulnerability
  • Hook
    Heavy Damage and Confusion/Daze

#2Stun Dart
Medium Ranged Projectile and Stun
Fire a short range electric dart that stuns a foe

#3Static Buildup
Daze/Blind AoE
Charge your gloves with electricity causing a small burst dazing/blinding nearby foes

#4Energy Transfer
Short Charge/Leap Attack
Charge your gloves causing you to fly towards a foe looking for the path of least resistance

#5Lightning Rod
Channel: Daze/Immobilize AoE
Pound the ground sending out jolts of electricity in a radius damaging and dazing foes within the field

ToolbeltShort Circuit
Your weapon/s are electrically charged dealing extra damage and causing vulnerability to your foes

Watchwork Glove Kit (Uses the ingenuity and power of the watchwork technology to create a set of enhanced gauntlets)
#1Melee Punch Chain

• Knuckleduster
    Light Damage
  • Spiked Knuckles
    Light/Medium Damage and Bleeding
  • Wrist Blade
    Heavy Damage and Bleeding

#2Cogs and Sprockets
Medium Ranged Projectile Attack
Launches a set of gears that damages foes in a straight line (maybe even return, dealing damage on it’s way back)

#3Round and Round
Whirlwind Attack (movable, set distance, or stationary)
Blades extend from your gauntlets as you spin around and damage foes in a radius

#4Grind My Gears
Dash Attack
Use a set of gears that are attached to your boots to “skate” a short distance

#5Need More Lubrication!
Blind and Knockdown/Cripple AoE
Spray oil all around yourself in a radius blinding those initially hit with the spray and crippling/knocking down those within the field

ToolbeltWind Up
Your attacks are powered by watchwork gears granting you haste for X seconds

in Engineer

Posted by: Stalima.5490

Stalima.5490

its pretty much 1h dagger and 2h hammer.

where would an engineer be without their trusty gadgetmabob knife and hammer to bang together new creations (or tear them apart)

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Heavy cannon kit

1 Heavy shell (auto attack): Slightly slower then pistol auto attack, heavy impact damage on par with bomb kit´s auto attack with a range of 1200. Projectile explodes after it reaches its range limit or on impact on target with an aoe like bomb kit auto attack and counts as explosion and gets affected by the explosives traitline in aoe radius and damage increase (if skilled for it). Targeted attack like a normal ranged weapon

2 Supercharge shot (CD:10s) : A half second windup attack that locks you in place (and aborts the attack when you should decide to move) to charge the cannon for a slow, in a straight line moving, very heavy piercing projectile attack that can be detonated like flamer #2 for extra damage and 2 seconds of confuse (think crucible of eternity´s asura mega blaster mob just not homing and slightly faster projectile movement). Targeted attack like a normal ranged weapon, triggered detonation counts as explosion and is a blast finisher

3 Cannon jump (CD:14s) : A backwards jump with 520 range that leaves a 4 second smoke combo field behind, damages the enemie with double the force of the auto attack if the enemie should stand in the aoe radius at the start of the attack and a half second of stun.

4 Ground shot (CD:20 s): An aoe attack emitting directly from the cannon user that leaves a 2 second fire field behind that ticks with mediocre fire damage, 250 range pushback for up to 5 targets and 1 second of confuse (counts as explosion)

5 Curtain shrapnel bombing (CD:25s) : A ground targeted big aoe attack that locks the cannon user in place while used that makes the cannon shoot 10 projectiles randomly into the aoe with high impact damage, each hitting projectile applies 3 stacks of bleed. The attack´s range is 1000 and its duration is 6 seconds.

Toolbelt skill: Concussion munition (CD: 40s): Next projectile attack (rifle, pistol, cannon kit) applys 1,3 seconds of stun and a 250 range knockback

That (or something like this) id love to see to have a kitten ranged kit option that allows you to stay ranged and doesnt give you carpal tunnel syndrome like the grenades.

in Engineer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Eng needs a mele weapon. What they use for that… I don’t really care. It’s a very basic option that eng should have. Toolkit does not count (lol).

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in Engineer

Posted by: Klmor.1250

Klmor.1250

+1 for melee weapons.Especially i would like to see 2hHammer and Glove-ish weapons.

Also Sniper is a good idea.Maybe not as weapon but it would work as kit.