Whats the biggest DMG uve done with FLAME JET

in Engineer

Posted by: Naioby.3705

Naioby.3705

What’s the biggest DMG u’ve ever done with Flame thrower’s FLAME JET?

Please no trolling, I just wan’t people here to post and share screenshots of what’s their biggest number, and what’s the build they are running for it. Also feel free if you want to let us know what’s your burning dmg, even though it’s just 1 sec.

This post is intended to share your numbers, so if you are here to say anything different from “sharing your Flame jet’s dmg” and say stuff like “FT is weak” or “my little sister can hit harder than that” or “Biggest grawl I’ve ever seen”, then please move on to another topic so you can troll them.

POST YOUR SCREENSHOT + data build + data dmg

WARNING: This post might be very useful to all of us that love the Flamethrower!!!

(for screenshots, I recommend hitting the Practice dummy from Fort Marriner in Lion’s Arch, since PvP lacks of some runes)*

ATTENTION: please share screenshots we wanna see the damage ur stating also give out some details to know what is your build + weapons

(edited by Naioby.3705)

in Engineer

Posted by: Shoyoko.7309

Shoyoko.7309

This is actually exactly what I wanted to know too but you got there before me =P (applaudes wildly behind the screens)
I usually do an average of 2400 damage and can reach up to 3200 damage every now and then.
For now, i did a quick example in Orr to print screen my damage output.
I use a build called the “sickman” syndrome, a variation of the kitmaster build. It’s an all round, “highly” versatile build with added surivability (+minor stunbreak) and still decent dps.
[img]http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/1671/gw020zd.jpg[/img]

note- darn can’t get the image to show here.
Just a point, I had difficulty finding out how to printscreen and randomly pressed “scroll” button and it worked =/.

No two engineers are the same.
Passionate engineer; self-proclaimed kitmaster. <3

(edited by Shoyoko.7309)

in Engineer

Posted by: bromi.7809

bromi.7809

I would love to love the FT, but 3.5k for channeling skill?
Auto from rifle in zerk does most time 1600+ every shot.
Wrench? over 2k.

in Engineer

Naioby.3705

Wrench? over 2k.

Dude I don’t wanna be rude but… did u read my post? I clearly said “IF YOU ARE NOT POSTING YOUR FLAME JET DMG then go troll somewhere else” we are not comparing classes, skills, weapons… we are just “sharing” our Flame Jet max dmg.

Two words one skill:
Flame Jet

am I clear son?

besides… ur rifle can only hit one target at the time at Orr if most 3 – 4 targets if you really try ur best… with FT, I can throw a napalm to the other side do some dmg, throw Flame blast to another different spot n do some dmg, and go spit fire to a third different area… while you all rifle man are shooting one target, Im getting lots of sparkling loots on the floor. So please don’t start it, go get into another FT post and discuss with them… this is MERELY for FLAME JET dmg and screenshots.

in Engineer

Posted by: CptCosmic.3156

CptCosmic.3156

Wrench? over 2k.

it isnt as bad is it looks, it applies a burn and with the right build it will also stack 3 bleeds per channel on average. with the correct food you will have huge amounts of life steal too. the flamethrower is just hard to use because we have no gap closing skills and the flamethrower misses too often.

in Engineer

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

Nearly 70k with #2 skill to the white rabbit

Am I winner? Where is my prise?

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

(edited by SilverWF.4789)

in Engineer

Posted by: yarpen.1364

yarpen.1364

with hgh build (might stacking) and 25 mights + fury on heavy target in mists max for me was 3,7k
berserker gear, 3×20 might duration rune combo

in Engineer

Naioby.3705

I use a build called the “sickman” syndrome, a variation of the kitmaster build. It’s an all round, “highly” versatile build with added surivability (+minor stunbreak) and still decent dps.

I couldnt get to see the picture XD maybe you can upload it using the “attach an image” option (More posting & formatting options). Very nice dmg could you share the weapons ur using? I will check on the “sickman’s syndrome” thanks
And if its not too much to ask, could you please try the “Practice Dummy” @ Fort Marriner in LA. That way we all have a default target

Nearly 70k with #2 skill to the white rabbit

Am I winner? Where is my prise?

We all abuse white rabbits T___T
Please try the “practice dummy” and save the endangered rabbits hahaha

Wrench? over 2k.

it isnt as bad is it looks, it applies a burn and with the right build it will also stack 3 bleeds per channel on average. with the correct food you will have huge amounts of life steal too. the flamethrower is just hard to use because we have no gap closing skills and the flamethrower misses too often.

Thanks, very good point, we have to think we are just stating the direct dmg only but… FT is a crazy weapon which inflicts burn (specially if you have the trait on), vulnerability (trait 50%), bleeds, and of course if you are really pro FT u wont just use ur FT, u will swap to pistols or rifle, which in my case is double pistol, making a very fast chain of incendiary ammo, blowtorch, static shot, poison dart volley. In total you are inflicting posion, bleeds, confusion, burns, vulnerability in around 3 seconds.

I have my own build which is centered on surviability + 25 stacks of might (perma 22, scaling to 25, 90% of the time) + CC, specially for PvP and PvE. If you check my burn dmg from incendiary ammo, it’s 805 burning dmg per second and 2416 for 3 seconds then add this dmg to the direct dmg of my Flame Jet and we have a better value. Blowtorch on the other hand, it’s crazy 4832 burning dmg in 2 seconds + 837 direct dmg ^_^

P.D.: The food I consumed it’s just for boon duration… Omnomberry chocolate. The pistols I’m using, (don’t laugh) handheld disaster just for Orr and MF stuff, not even the sigils (sigil of luck + sigil of battle for might). I’m saving for destroyer pistols XD

Attachments:

(edited by Naioby.3705)

in Engineer

Posted by: zugly.9035

zugly.9035

I should have something around 5K (if my memory is not failing me) in fractal level 10+
all depends on how much you crit also BTW.

Will try to post a screenie later tonight.

in Engineer

Naioby.3705

I should have something around 5K (if my memory is not failing me) in fractal level 10+
all depends on how much you crit also BTW.

Will try to post a screenie later tonight.

Thanks a lot Im sure we are all eager to see it… please use the Practice Dummy @ Lion’s Arch (Fort Marriner WP) that way we all have a default place to show our numbers

in Engineer

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

Correct me if i am wrong, but i thought it was impossible to crit on the dummies? wont this really make using the dummies rather useless for high crit build, the very essence of most FT build i woudl assume?

in Engineer

Posted by: Sporadicus.1028

Sporadicus.1028

You can’t crit on practice dummy. At least I haven’t seen any crits there and I’ve had a 50% build before.

Practice dummies are considered objects, and you can’t crit on objects.

Malkin Rawl – Charr Engineer, Tarnished Coast
Loudmouth, lousy PvPer, and mediocre PvEer.
I don’t own, I just play

in Engineer

Naioby.3705

Who said I wanted to see a crit on a practice dummy hahahaha I wanna see ur normal plain dmg but yes you have a nice point, we as engis + FT do lots of crits specially with our FT.

Ur free to upload 2 pictures showing the Azura heavy golem for crits and the Practice Dummy… in my case I didn’t want to use the Azura heavy golem cuz there is one of the runes I use as a “must” for my build, but its not available in PVP. Devs mentioned they are still implementing some missing stuff. If you have any other suggestion, so that I could try in PvE and we could all have a default place to test, please let me know. Afaik there are no practice azura golem in PvE but I might be wrong… any ideas? please?

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

With Soldiers + Emerald gear I get 2000-3000 on average.

With Zerkers + Ruby gear I get 3500-4000+ no problem. With a full Vulnerability stack it’s not rare to see 5000 damage.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: Ricky Rouse.1583

Ricky Rouse.1583

If you aren’t getting 3.5k damage minimum I don’t think you are building properly.

P.S: Superior Sigil of Battle is your greatest ally

in Engineer

Naioby.3705

Please screenshots guys, read the main post thanks a bunch

(btw I do 1843 dmg on a dummy “no crits”, you might want to check my real dmg with crits and not even counting the cond dmg I inflict)

And yes Superior Sigil of Battle is the best Ally ^_^

BTW any suggestion for a default target (for us to show screenshots) rather than the Azura heavy golem? (we are missing runes and some other stuff to count)… any place to try out around PvE? thanks

in Engineer

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

:p so far im winning! so bring it can still go higher but too lazy to re trait :P
higest on a standing mob has been around 9k

Attachments:

in Engineer

Naioby.3705

Google: nice! this is the kind of screenie I wanted to see
I will have to retake my screenshot with something that’s not MF trinkets+ pistols (dual handheld disaster) T___T its my Orr build

Please ppl keep the nice screenshots coming, I think its a good idea to keep the practice dummy screenies. For those that wanna show off crits please suggest a specific target where we could see your build + armor + weapons doing a nice crit, dont be shy we won’t troll you. This is a friendly topic.

The winner “by now” is Mr. Google… yay!!!! Thanks for the nice screenie

Note: I think we all agree that if you don’t post your screenie and you say your dmg it won’t count

My sincere apologies, I tried the link today and I was able to see it :P, sorry, and by the way, nice 3268 crit. I would also appreciate if its not too much to ask if you could try the practice dummy @ LA Fort Warriner.

(edited by Naioby.3705)

in Engineer

Posted by: Bynji.1907

Bynji.1907

I average around 5k with flame jet and 6k with flame blast in fractals 30.
Pic is the build I use.

I think lifesteal on crit is still worth it. With backpack regen it amounts to about 445 healing a second.

Attachments:

in Engineer

Naioby.3705

I average around 5k with flame jet and 6k with flame blast in fractals 30.
Pic is the build I use.

I think lifesteal on crit is still worth it. With backpack regen it amounts to about 445 healing a second.

Nice screenshot and very good idea to show the Battle Chat to show the dmg per tick!

I’m sorry to everyone, I was supposed to have a 3 day vacation, but … it was so nice, and my gf wanted to stay a whole week…

Please keep posting, as for “Training dummy” in LA… Google is still number one. As for nice information an a very nice shot, Bynji is number one as well

LETS SEE MORE SCREENIES!!!! yeahhhh

in Engineer

Posted by: Macha.9160

Macha.9160

Shoyoko’s “sickman”-build…. but not with the right gear… 3 pieces still missing + 2 runes of alturism

Just used the dummys in LA^^

Attachments:

in Engineer

Naioby.3705

Shoyoko’s “sickman”-build…. but not with the right gear… 3 pieces still missing + 2 runes of alturism

Just used the dummys in LA^^

Very nice shot I like the look of your engi.
Rune of Altruism rocks

in Engineer

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

Are you just wanting screen shots of flame jet or is there another meaning behind this?

I only spvp so i can only show a screen shot for that. I’m pretty sure i’ve tinkered around and found out how to get the highest numbers from the ability in spvp, but the build isnt ideal for any game mode and flame jet is not an ideal ability to use in spvp. But if this is just about seeing numbers, i can totally upload it

EDIT: having a hard time figuring out how to upload it. But i used beserker gem, with divinity runes and flat % damage increase on the sigil.

hit for 4286 against the light armor dummy.

Used Tool traits for that increase crit damage, mixed with 15% increase flame thrower damage in alchemy and HGH for the might stacks.

You give up some essential things you might want but it will hit hard, if i was to include the dot damage REALLY hard.

And ya, your right about FT uses naioby. If ya got any tips to upload, i’ll put up mine to add to the rest.

(edited by Zinwrath.2049)

in Engineer

Naioby.3705

Are you just wanting screen shots of flame jet or is there another meaning behind this?

I only spvp so i can only show a screen shot for that. I’m pretty sure i’ve tinkered around and found out how to get the highest numbers from the ability in spvp, but the build isnt ideal for any game mode and flame jet is not an ideal ability to use in spvp. But if this is just about seeing numbers, i can totally upload it

It would be very interesting to see your numbers in sPvP, probably aiming a Golem and sharing what is the build for it. About Flame Jet and sPvP, I think it’s not crucial but as my personal opinion, I can’t say it’s not ideal, since you can totally counter a burst thief using your FT, for other cases then you just run with FT to charge Might and then lay a napalm and switch to guns to get combo fire shots + other stuff.

Screenshots are all welcomed please upload

in Engineer

Posted by: Shoyoko.7309

Shoyoko.7309

I couldnt get to see the picture XD maybe you can upload it using the “attach an image” option (More posting & formatting options). Very nice dmg could you share the weapons ur using? I will check on the “sickman’s syndrome” thanks
And if its not too much to ask, could you please try the “Practice Dummy” @ Fort Marriner in LA. That way we all have a default target

Hey, just noticed now that you replied back to my comment lol XD
Here you go, at default I do around 1600 damage, however my sickman build is an all round build that centers around might stack and consistent crit damage. So my constant average would be around 2800 damage (with 2x runes of altruism).
Highest damage seen so far is 4500 damage.

In the sickman build, I use p/p with EG, FT, nades and supply crates. A diverse build with great potential in healing, CC, survivability, decent dps and extra boons on top. This build was made to be flexible in any dungeon situation and provide all-round support for the team.

Attachments:

No two engineers are the same.
Passionate engineer; self-proclaimed kitmaster. <3

(edited by Shoyoko.7309)

in Engineer

Posted by: Lite.3819

Lite.3819

hit for 4286 against the light armor dummy.

Used Tool traits for that increase crit damage, mixed with 15% increase flame thrower damage in alchemy and HGH for the might stacks.

If you high numbers try rune of scholar 6x and vulnerability stacking instead of divinity/HGH. You should get about 10-25% higher damage.

Engineer – Street Rag (Black Gates)
Current Build