Whats the new dungeon meta?

in Engineer

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

I took a break for a while. Obviously a LOT has changed since I’ve been gone. Played around with a few things (new mortar is awesome!), but I’m curious to know what the new PVE zerk build is now.

Stuff goes here.

in Engineer

Posted by: MagoBuono.6548

MagoBuono.6548

Basically all builds still the same with little changes. No revolution here.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ooops.8694

Ooops.8694

And condition grenadeer now does more dps than zerker in all fight lasting at least ~14secs (which in most pugs means every fight^^). But don’t try to tell that the players still stuck in 2012’s meta (again nearly all of them^^) :-D

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

And condition grenadeer now does more dps than zerker in all fight lasting at least ~14secs (which in most pugs means every fight^^). But don’t try to tell that the players still stuck in 2012’s meta (again nearly all of them^^) :-D

And for pugs maybe even a FT build is better since they provide 0 might :P
The condi engi has to be treated with caution. One missing key skill and you’re way behind the zerker. Also there is no option of swapping skills according to the situation and no wide aoe dps. I love condi engi, but keep remembering about where it is useful and where it isn’t (yet mostly a fractal issue).

Here are the current dungeon metas:

Power Engi
+ dungeon specific nourishment (+10%)

Condi Engi

any questions?

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

MagoBuono.6548

One missing key skill and you’re way behind the zerker.

That’s exactly why i am doubting of using condi build on my engi ) But yeah, condi engi now is pretty cool and interesting.

in Engineer

Posted by: codesherwin.9346

codesherwin.9346

I run a condition engineer build for fractals and I find it to be both fun and welcomed in groups. I usually PUG with another buddy, and find that I provide the bulk of my teams’ DPS outside of the Ele (if there’s one in the group).

Watching 10-15K burn ticks on boss fights is a lot of fun. You don’t even have to get the rotation exactly correct every time to get it there.

My only worry with the build, is what happens if/when there is a burn nerf. Depending on if they buff other conditions, or if they do it by reducing stacks for classes who stack burns easily, condition engineer may or may not remain viable. For now, I’m just enjoying having two very different play styles when going between PvP and PvE.

in Engineer

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

One missing key skill and you’re way behind the zerker.

That’s exactly why i am doubting of using condi build on my engi ) But yeah, condi engi now is pretty cool and interesting.

I don’t find the rotation more or less difficult than power grenadier. It’s pretty much the same. In condi build it’s just that you have 5 skill that are really important to not miss, while in power build it’s more like 3. The difference is small and you can screw up your dps in a power build almost as much as in a condi build.

The main problem with Sinister is that you are horrible with Icebow and you do bad damage to structure.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Engineer

MagoBuono.6548

Watching 10-15K burn ticks on boss

10-15k? But… how? o_O

in Engineer

Posted by: Ooops.8694

Ooops.8694

10-15k? But… how? o_O

Incendiary Ammo + Napalm + Fire Bomb + Blowtorch + Incendiary Powder Proc
with ~ 2000 condition damage…
Now add might stacks and vulnerability :-D

(edited by Ooops.8694)

in Engineer

Kravick.4906

I found the ascended sinister stat amulet, but where are the ascended sinister rings/trinkets found?

Stuff goes here.

in Engineer

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

I found the ascended sinister stat amulet, but where are the ascended sinister rings/trinkets found?

Living Story says hello. You can also check the bandit crest merchant, Im not sure if they appear there before or after the LS achieves.

in Engineer

Kravick.4906

Living Story says hello. You can also check the bandit crest merchant, Im not sure if they appear there before or after the LS achieves.

Well yes, thats where I found the amulet, but I’m not able to find the rings and other trinkets.

Stuff goes here.

in Engineer

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Well yes, thats where I found the amulet, but I’m not able to find the rings and other trinkets.

You need to complete LS2 Achivements.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

I personaly still play power in all dungs except hotw where is condi much more usefull.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: codesherwin.9346

codesherwin.9346

Watching 10-15K burn ticks on boss

10-15k? But… how? o_O

Video of Engineer’s ability to stack big time burns in dungeons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lICxcx4--80

Video overview of the current Condition Engineer meta build by Nike: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UeNcqdSJI8

Happy burning!

in Engineer

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

I’ve found that I don’t need to be quite meta to be very effective in dungeons, especially these days. It sort of all seems a cake walk compared to pre patch.

I will guarantee that meta likely involves alchemy though I run firearms and explosives with it and a power build. I debate between marksman and pinpoint dist (because with a high precision the pinpoint is enough to give even my power build good supporting condi damage). And in duneons I think there’s a case for the increase effectiveness when close skill compared to armour exploit trait…. though I debate. I run EG, BK, rifle and might potion (fury is nice). Can stack 23 might or so on group before engagemnets, can remove condi’s, things basically melt like swiss cheese.

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I’ve found that I don’t need to be quite meta to be very effective in dungeons, especially these days. It sort of all seems a cake walk compared to pre patch.

I will guarantee that meta likely involves alchemy though I run firearms and explosives with it and a power build. I debate between marksman and pinpoint dist (because with a high precision the pinpoint is enough to give even my power build good supporting condi damage). And in duneons I think there’s a case for the increase effectiveness when close skill compared to armour exploit trait…. though I debate. I run EG, BK, rifle and might potion (fury is nice). Can stack 23 might or so on group before engagemnets, can remove condi’s, things basically melt like swiss cheese.

Firearms + Explosives are the key to any damage focused build whether power or condi. The last is generally tools because it has some neat stuff, but Alchemy can be nice for HGH with EG and some things that could act as a safety net.

A FYI though, you can stack 25 might by juggling your utilities and blasting fire fields before a fight, no need for HGH or elixirs, though they can be easier to accomplish this.