When will bomb kit be fixed?

in Engineer

Posted by: Tzozef.9841

Tzozef.9841

It’s a simple fix, I have no clue why Anet didn’t fix the radius for bomb kit already.

I miss my 240 and I really want to use bomb kit.

That’s an entire weapon set that is unusable.

PLEASE ANET

in Engineer

Posted by: Prisoner.2419

Prisoner.2419

+1. An entire weapon kit being broken this long is completely unacceptable.

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

i don’t care about all the other bugs we have anymore – but just fix those bombs already!!!!

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I agree, this is very much at the top of my list.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

And while they are at it give us healing bombs back plx.

For some reason i get the feeling that our elite spec will be focused arround healing with gimmicky drones and thats why they removed our healing bombs….

in Engineer

Posted by: Dolt.2731

Dolt.2731

Yes please. I have a build all mapped out; I just, want… my bombs back

Ebenezer Smee, Ranger SBI

in Engineer

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

While they’re at it they should re implement the healing bombs back onto our beloved engi

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

in Engineer

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I’d rather just get the basics right first, just fix the radius.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

yea and while you are at it fix the visuals… i look like i stole a rice cooker and run away from the authorities the second i draw the kit

in Engineer

Posted by: Slapinator.4196

Slapinator.4196

Maybe they changed their minds about increasing the radius and there hasn’t been an announcement yet or maybe they are still working on numbers. Dunno :S

in Engineer

Pride.1734

yea and while you are at it fix the visuals… i look like i stole a rice cooker and run away from the authorities the second i draw the kit

When I was young I used to pray for a rice cooker, then I realized that God doesn’t work that way….
So I stole a rice cooker and prayed for forgiveness.

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

Healing bombs … now BASELINE- heheh … na i’m fine with the radius for now Q_Q see how desperate I am? :<

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

Welp, I suppose I’m fortunate to be able to live without that kit.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Engineer

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

+1. An entire weapon kit being broken this long is completely unacceptable.

Since when? The developers have left the elixir gun and toolkit in a state where they are only useful for swapping in to for 1-2 skills and then swapping out since launch, and only just fixed the flamethrower that was in a similar state. They seem to be perfectly fine with kits not being able to stand on their own, and bomb kit is probably going to be worthless for a very long time.

in Engineer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

bomb kit will never be fixed. I think it is ok as it is now for devs so probably it will remain as it is now. In any case now EG is really strong with hgh, nades are good and toolkit and mortar are ok so we have many things we can chose among

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

It would be UNACCAPTABLE to not fix the bomb kit! 180ø is much too small and if you’d see the current radius with it’s animation, you’d agree immediately! It’s the biggest flaw the engineer has right now and too much time has passed since 23th of july! I can NEVER be happy with those bombs right now!

in Engineer

Posted by: Chazz.6709

Chazz.6709

Fixxed ? as far if im right it got a radius of 240 already … just using the old describtions also its larger than 180 if you check it …

“All genius said it’s impossible – until someone just did it.”

in Engineer

Posted by: Prisoner.2419

Prisoner.2419

The visuals are of the old 240 radius version, but the effect is still 180 radius. You can check this easily using AED’s toolbelt skill’s range indicator to put just over 180 range between you and a target, and then using any of bomb’s 1-4 skills. As soon as you walk forward to 180 (red bar underneath Static Shock disappears), the bomb skills will hit. You’ll notice on bomb 2 and 4 that the field appears to be clearly on top of the target, but no damage/burns/blinds will be applied, because the effect radius is still 180.

Edit: Screenshot for reference (taken 3 minutes ago)

Attachments:

(edited by Prisoner.2419)

in Engineer

Pride.1734

To engi’s a kit being broken is simmilar to a whole weapon being broken. As it stands our melee weapon is destroyed visually, functionally, and it lacks healing.

(edited by Pride.1734)

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

To my eyes toolkit and bombs are fine as they are. I don’t use bombs in pvp , i used only sometime at start but they seemed to me as before. I used it in wvw instead and they work in the same ways they have always worked. Toolkit seems ok. There is the fact that magnet can fail for the floor, but it is something you can handle . In any case many players dodge the magnet so i prefer to use magnet and pry bar differently ( for example prybar in melee fight and magnet for interrupting )

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

Don’t even start to let them think the bomb kit is “fine”. It’s not, they told us the range trait will be baseline and until they fix that, I barely see a reason to use bombs. Bombs were they way of dealing wide damage, grenades are more focused on a point. It also happens so often that mobs enter the smoke bomb and hit me since the radius is too small and de blind intervall too high to get them blinded in time. The whole kit is broken and pretty much garbage at the moment. And by now, after nearly 2 months, it starts to annoy me big times! T_T

not so happy greez – Ziggy

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

how is the range of a melee weapon ? of a sword for example or of toolkit ?

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

I tried with elixir H toolbet, it is 240 radius and it has the same radius as fire bombs even if on firebomb tooltip there is written 180 radius. Are you sure it is not only a problem of tooltip on the bomb kit not updated ? The radius seems correct to me .

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Please look at Prisoner’s post. It should be common knowledge what is wrong with bombs, and it’s very easy to test for yourself as he demonstrates.

I hope bombs get fixed soon, they really need to be 240.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

bomb kit will never be fixed. I think it is ok as it is now for devs so probably it will remain as it is now. In any case now EG is really strong with hgh, nades are good and toolkit and mortar are ok so we have many things we can chose among

A. Every one of the EG skills has a use in multiple scenarios.

B. The two kits are not comparable, and this thread is about the BK and not the EG.

I have used the BK since day o e, so I am rather fond of it. As we have to give up a utility slot in order to have the equivalent of a weapon swap, and have very limited choices, it is a very reasonable expectation to want the devs to place the range to that which they suggested we should expect.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Please look at Prisoner’s post. It should be common knowledge what is wrong with bombs, and it’s very easy to test for yourself as he demonstrates.

I hope bombs get fixed soon, they really need to be 240.

Yes I have tested it myself and they definitely aren’t 240 despite the visuals.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Engineer

Posted by: LunacyPolish.4602

LunacyPolish.4602

They don’t care. It’ll probably get fixed eventually but it could be in a month or in a year and a half.

Understand what you’re up against is not malice just complete indifference. This isn’t costing them any revenue and it’s not going to put the engineer in a worse Spvp position to fix it, so it’s super low priority.

in Engineer

Posted by: NineLives.8725

NineLives.8725

Tooltip and real effect is 180, only visual is 240.

You can compare the very edge of the area between mortar and bomb, on a golem. If half the golem is in the circle, mortar have an effect, bomb do not (except maybe glue bomb, no ?).

I agree this is the most problematic bug for engineers right now. And if it’s not a bug, then it’s another very huge nerf for the class.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sturmhard.9475

Sturmhard.9475

Please fix the bomb kit!

in Engineer

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Don’t even start to let them think the bomb kit is “fine”. It’s not, they told us the range trait will be baseline and until they fix that, I barely see a reason to use bombs.

Bombs won’t be viable anywhere even if they fix the radius bug. What advantages do bombs have over grenades? One single thing, a higher power scaling auto-attack against five or less targets. And they would have a second, a fire field, except even that is better filled by the Flamethrower.

So other than that single thing, grenades:
Can hit more targets
Have higher attack speed
Have triple the chance of proc’ing critical hits
And can be used from a safe distance

Other than having five or less targets stupid enough to not wail on you while you place bombs between their legs, there is no situation where bombs compete with grenades. There was, under the old trait system, with Elixir Infused Bombs and other traits, all of which ANet decided were ‘unhealthy’ in spite of the craptons of far more mindless uninteractive sustain found on many other classes (looking at you healing signet and soothing mist).

(edited by Conncept.7638)

in Engineer

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

Does the 180 degree depend on the direction you are facing when laying down the bomb, or the direction you are facing when it goes off? Just out of interest, and it is horribly broken.

in Engineer

Posted by: NineLives.8725

NineLives.8725

180 is range, not degree.

in Engineer

Posted by: Atrox.9216

Atrox.9216

I have an idea why the bombkit isn´t fixed until now…

Attachments:

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Yeah it was bad enough that we got down graded from elixir infused bombs to bunker down, can we get our range normalized to what they said we would get in the video please?

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

Engi is the stepchild of A-Net they dont care about engis, i bet engi will also be the last class anounced with the elite Spec and it will be buggy and useless.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

Engi is the stepchild of A-Net they dont care about engis, i bet engi will also be the last class anounced with the elite Spec and it will be buggy and useless.

what a completly stupid comment …

Don’t forget that there are other professions too – i mainly know the mes and engi bugs and mes has some messed up stuff wich is more important than our bugs. idk about the other professions but only seeing 1/8 of the whole story and complaining about it like this is just childish and not constructive. i say myself that these bugs have been here for too long already, but i also have no clue on what else they are working currently.

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

There is a whole thread with engi bugs, which is constructive, but one thing “simple radius increase” is not much work and they do nothing, they destroy many builds and wanted to do the opposite, as they told before the patch.

Maybe there is some rage in my post, but no answer from anet nor some comments gives me the feeling of not beeing heard and i mean not my comments, i mean all constructive feedback from the engi community, maybe we must cry more so they listen to us

PS: i have all Classes besides ele

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

Bombs: Increased the radius of bomb skills with a radius of 180 to 240. This change includes bombs created by the traits Evasive Powder Keg and Autodefense Bomb Dispenser.

Almost fixed them ANet, almost fixed them … Glue Bomb had 240 range pre 23. patch and when traited it had even 300 range. So please add those 60 range to this skill too, that’d be great.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dolt.2731

Dolt.2731

COUGH

COUGH COUGH

Ebenezer Smee, Ranger SBI

in Engineer

Posted by: Tzozef.9841

Tzozef.9841

YAY!

/15chars

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

YAY!

/15chars

80% yay :/

in Engineer

Posted by: paladinecho.3024

paladinecho.3024

I like the new range that they are proposing for bomb kit. Its perfect. Only thing they need to do is make sure that it is hitting properly and then it will be golden. They have the animations down correct from the looks of it , its just making sure that it hits is the biggest problem I see here.

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

What are you talking about “the new range”?! This is the “old traited range”, it should have been this way all the time. (except for missing 60 range at skill 5)

I don’t know what you want to say with “hitting properly”. Bombs always worked like this – putting them down, then they explode, traited they explode faster. The delay is intended.