When will mortar be a kit

in Engineer

Posted by: EvilZombie.6801

EvilZombie.6801

what is the point having it 120min CD no one use it in WvW because it’s SLOW!

but if it’s a kit that’s a different story we can have more new build based on that.

It’s almost a year since i played GW2 …. people have been asking for it but why don’t you just give it to the people instead you kept buffing warriors and thief

i don’t see HOW OP if mortar turns into a KIT …

Currently i am running as a Cleric Flamethrower

in Engineer

Posted by: Ronin.5038

Ronin.5038

I’m an avid supporter or converting mortar into a kit.
Only change I’d make is to nerf ice mortar to a 5 or 6 second duration. Or reduce it’s radius.

in Engineer

EvilZombie.6801

i started playing GW2 since beta …. i strongly believe Anet refuse to buff ranger and engineers which i happen to play both !

look at thief perm invis trolling everyone …..engage fight losing invis ran away or stalk you then strike you again ….

Warriors nuff said ….. kitten class ! haha

Guardian just doing their jobs but nerf their staff #1 attack it’s does a bigger AOE then flamethrower !

Mesmer as good as thief ….. but at least it brings alot of fun fact when dueling one

Ele = so so ….. fun to duel with

At least engineer is a lot better then ranger …. poor class

just DO IT ! turn mortar into a KIT !

i bet you will see a whole platoon of engineer in WvW will form a MORTAR BOMBARDMENT team blasting at others !!! while the other class protect them at the frontline !!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

Zombie I love how you complain like Engineer is a bad class, especially as you talk about dueling. I wreck absolutely everyone in our current state bar a very good condi necro. This patch has also buffed us significantly compared to some other classes, especially with rune and sigil changes.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in Engineer

EvilZombie.6801

i just speaking the truth ….. i know some engineer players was able to beat thief and mes …. but it’s ONCE a blue moon

it’s not like 50 – 50 percent chance ….

in Engineer

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

i just speaking the truth ….. i know some engineer players was able to beat thief and mes …. but it’s ONCE a blue moon

Might want to check your facts on that one.

I have never used the mortar. Ever.
If it was a kit, does that still mean that you’d become stationary when using it?

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

If it was a kit, does that still mean that you’d become stationary when using it?

I could see that working out. Mortar kit roots you as long as you have it out, maybe a bit of a cast time where it’s not QUITE as quick a switch as other kits, but still something you can switch to mid-battle to let loose the specific moves you’re after. Might need a bit more of a cooldown on the Mortar’s abilities themselves for balance, as no one else would have such a reliably-available Elite. But, ultimately, I could see it becoming an actual, viable option were it made a kit, even with those types of limitations. Massively so if it still grants Stability while operating it.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Engineer

EvilZombie.6801

im not saying using mortar in 1 vs 1 combat …..

in Engineer

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

im not saying using mortar in 1 vs 1 combat …..

Oh, I didn’t mean that =)

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

in Engineer

Posted by: Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

impossible to change mortar into a kit
engy kit dont got CD and is the point for engy to have only utility kit for swap sigil
if mortart was converted a kit we OP it with lyssa runeset (elite take all boons and clean condition) if we got a 10 sec on cd on that rune, every 10 sec we got full buffed just using mortar for 1 sec and swap to another kit or weapon
thet can make a successive nerf on all kits
just leave mortar in this state (turret) and hopping for a CD reduction 120 sec to 60 sec

Engy:Turrets Nade/HgH Kit Bunker Zerker
Necro:MMMesmer:pve omniRanger:SpiritsThief:P/P

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

engy kit dont got CD and is the point for engy to have only utility kit for swap sigil
if mortart was converted a kit we OP it with lyssa runeset (elite take all boons and clean condition) if we got a 10 sec on cd on that rune, every 10 sec we got full buffed just using mortar for 1 sec and swap to another kit or weapon
just leave mortar in this state (turret) and hopping for a CD reduction 120 sec to 60 sec

Rune of Lyssa’s 6-rune effect has a cooldown.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Engineer

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

it’s a esample XD

in Engineer

EvilZombie.6801

can you tell me which engineer build use mortar kit? they had to do something about it

even rangers elite skills are way better then mortar, mortar is still best changed into kits

Superior Rune of Lyssa
When you use an elite skill, convert up to 5 conditions into boons. (Cooldown:45s) <== doesn’t sound OP even mortar turns into a kit

what i felt that WvW is lack of mobile mortar sometime you need to changed location to bombard enemies …… look at the bright side. if it’s a kit i believe many engineers will suddenly changed their build for example build in way based on mortar to bombard keeps or tower and etc anyway the mortar damage ins’t that insane that it’s an OP skill too it just become more fun and choices for players to come up with more creative ideals

(edited by EvilZombie.6801)

in Engineer

Ronin.5038

I’ll go ahead and echo what the others said.
Can’t abuse on elite skill usage runes when they have a cooldown of 45 seconds.
The only thing I can predict that changing mortar into a kit would do is promote and create build diversity. ANet loves those words, so please let it happen.

in Engineer

EvilZombie.6801

I’ll go ahead and echo what the others said.
Can’t abuse on elite skill usage runes when they have a cooldown of 45 seconds.
The only thing I can predict that changing mortar into a kit would do is promote and create build diversity. ANet loves those words, so please let it happen.

^^ WIN !!! thanks man !

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

The charr elite “charzooka” is a kit with a cool down.

in Engineer

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

it was an esample
there is the krait rune set who got eliteboon with less CD (30 sec) and sunless rune set for 45 sec
but if anet make mortar a kit it’s just a waste
and mortar can be used for fun in some boss event XD
charrzuka is a weapon (its the same of ele conjure flame sword) with 180 sec CD
we dont need a nerf on kits

in Engineer

Ronin.5038

it was an esample
there is the krait rune set who got eliteboon with less CD (30 sec) and sunless rune set for 45 sec
but if anet make mortar a kit it’s just a waste
and mortar can be used for fun in some boss event XD
charrzuka is a weapon (its the same of ele conjure flame sword) with 180 sec CD
we dont need a nerf on kits

1 stack of bleeding, poison and torment for 8 seconds for krait runes (30 second cooldown) and 1 second of fear and 5 seconds of poison for sunless runes (45 second cooldown).
I sure don’t see anybody running these in PvE. Opening engineer up to more rune sets in PvP isn’t a bad thing either.

Why would making mortar a kit be a waste? Mortar in it’s current state is a waste, you do realise this don’t you?

Making mortar a kit will allow people to use it for fun and utility for many more bosses.

in Engineer

EvilZombie.6801

the last thing i recall almost all engineer USE SUPPLY CRATE ! who use mortar ? tell me ?