Who is going to stop playing engineer and...

in Engineer

Posted by: Vasham.2408

Vasham.2408

Decided to get a refund and go back to WoW. Never thought it would come to this, but honestly it’s better than the alternative of giving Arenanet my time and letting them keep my money. Any smart person would also drop this dyeing game.

in Engineer

Posted by: MarMaster.6241

MarMaster.6241

Once I finish that last goal “Been There, Done That”, my engineer is going on a long vacation. Sadly Arenanet balancing, isn’t about balance.
Time to finish my thief. Then off to work on my “Most Versatile class” ele.
Apparently they need that 8th class slot for something else.

Dragonbrand (JQ) [FIRE]bats ~ Trusted member of the Universe
Mar Steadfast G, Silent Intrigue T, Mar Fidget Engi, Mar Fierce W, Silent Awe M
In GW2 since BWE1 ~ ~ ~ Guild leader of Legio Romana [LR], too

in Engineer

Posted by: Kande.1930

Kande.1930

Well, i had high hopes for this patch. I really believed the engineer was going to get a nice buff and a round of trait fixes. Now? I feel like my dog died..

Guess I’ll go and level a thief…sigh

in Engineer

Posted by: Orissa.1872

Orissa.1872

I went to CoE, became officially useless dungeon class… My super elixir healing dropped by 400, even healing power doesn’t make difference. Trading offensive stats from gear for 1k healing power is raising super elixir ticks by 110 (yay…) and not even lowering my damage this much (bad scalings, 2x yay…)

Over 500 hours played on this engi, tho I’ve never been one of grenadiers, this patch still hurts pretty much

in Engineer

Posted by: PhoenixTril.4258

PhoenixTril.4258

I just got done hitting 80 and I was so pleased to have finally leveled an engineer to cap, taking my time, already 51% through Been There, Done That.

Now, I arrive at the endgame to discover that my entire profession has been relegated to the bad punchline in a joke.

I can’t provide effective damage compared to any other class, my elixir gun is now useless, grenades are a surefire way to get carpal tunnel, and I can already see the people in Mapchat specifying that they want 0 engies on their fractal runs.

It seems I’ll have to start again with this whole ‘getting a character to 80’, because as it stands, I might have levelled him to 80, but he simply doesn’t count.

I’m debating between Warrior and Guardian to level for a class that can actually contribute in dungeons and fractals. It’s just an awful shame.

What’s probably worst of all is that I came to this game after playing a Shaman exclusively through the end of Wrath and into Cata. I thought I was done having my main arbitrarily relegated to the dustbin of uselessness. I thought that things might be different.

I’m disappointed to find that I was wrong. It seems I have a knack for choosing ‘hard mode’ classes in my games, without even trying.

(edited by PhoenixTril.4258)

in Engineer

Posted by: Travail.7390

Travail.7390

They probably wouldn’t get as much slack for this patch if they had included a little blurb about how the Engineer “isn’t where it needs to be,” and how they’ll be showing it some love in the future.

If they are going to nerf the highest DPS spec of a class which was struggling to keep up to the others, they must make sure to reassure us all that they know there’s a lot more work to be done to bring this class in line with the others. Work in the form of buffs, not more nerfs.

We still wouldn’t be happy about the changes, but at least we’d know there was a long term plan in place to balance Engineers. The dev post about weapon stats is little consolation, since we don’t know if further nerfs are around the corner to “make up” for adding weapon stats onto kits.

-Travail.

in Engineer

Posted by: Oxstar.7643

Oxstar.7643

With the disgusting and over the top nerf to elixir gun I’m afraid bunker engineers have been severly touched and broken.

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

With the disgusting and over the top nerf to elixir gun I’m afraid bunker engineers have been severly touched and broken.

I really enjoyed bunkering with the extra healing, but even with it bunker engineers were never as good at surviving as bunker guardian or bunker eles. A bunker with no stability? Walking a tightrope.

That said, I find myself just as viable as before the nerf/fix. Actually, I found myself downing more players because my damage was better with sigil of battle. Still not as good as one of the better professions, but as good as before.

in Engineer

Posted by: freaktong.8169

freaktong.8169

I will be playing my mesmer until these ridiculous nerfs are removed >:(

in Engineer

Posted by: metapod.4173

metapod.4173

Bad form anet.

You’ve killed my favorite class. I don’t want to stack might forever. I don’t want to have to earn 7 gold to do that.

You have to know that while engineers are versatile, how can we compete with the one trick pony classes? The thieves, guardians, warriors and mesmers? Why couldn’t you let us have this one thing?

As nades skills are ground targeting abilities, they are difficult to wield. Even the best engineer players miss from time to time. The reward for landing a hit on someone needs to reflect this. It doesn’t. And have you seen the cooldowns on the skills you added dmg to? thx…

I’m quite exasperated by the direction you are taking the engineer. I think it was already the junk class that nobody played. i think there is data to verify what i think, and i think you can probably look at it at any time.

the irony is, ENGINEERS aren’t even the jack of all trades class. ele’s are. You said so yourself.

“While it doesn’t have the long range capabilities of the Ranger, or the melee capabilities of the Warrior or Guardian” “but this extreme versatility comes at a cost in damage on their main hand weapons.”

Anet on eles-"We see the elementalist as the king of versatility. The skill ceiling for the Ele is exceptional, as the ability to leverage all four attunements at the right time is crucial for understanding the elemetnalist. The Ele boasts some of the best team support and control abilities in the game, as well as some great area of effect damage.

Soooooo ridiculous. What are we the best at Anet? even the busted and dull necros and rangers are best at something, according to you. this was our one thing. oh, and maybe we will still be okay with nades under water. krait beware! we used to be able to nade the newbs that stood on the front of the walls trying to hit rams we put down on a gate, but really, rangers and eles were pretty capable of laying down range AoE too. its a toss up. turrets are only good for going AFK in semi-dangerous places. We do have wacky skills. thanks for that, i guess.

As it is, we will be forced to play support/bunker to be viable in team play. Also, people have been playing with engineer with nades in this one way, geared a certain way. now, we will have to reinvent our characters.

Good thing i have a guardian too, or you may have made me mad enough to quit. You should listen to me, because I’ve bought gems. i’m contributing to you, because i hope you are a good company. I think you listen to your players, more than some other dev teams out there. Just give an engineer something. make us the best at…something, you guys are the devs. I don’t know what i want, really. but i dont want this, i know. this is your job. and 30% makes it feel like i’m throwing pebbles. it isnt fun.

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Anet balances around the tPvP meta and the tPvP meta only. Get used to it or find another game to play. They don’t care about PvE.

Bull.

When they look at damage output, they put it in an ideal circumstance. Target dummies in light armor that dont move are apparently taking to much damage from grenades. Ergo, the nerf.

They do not actually test this in a combat situation.